Annoying, but Determined Not to Let It Control My Life

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Denden, May 5, 2016.

1. Denden

Denden Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Attending a rock concert in November I think
      Hi all. Last November we attended a great concert. Whitesnake were playing, supported by the Dead Daisies. It was a great evening. As usually happens, after exposure to loud noise, my ears were ringing when we left the concert hall. I didn't think much about it, thinking it will go away by the morning. Well, here I am 6 months later, with my ears still ringing. Actually, it's more like a white noise, the static you sometimes get during a Skype call.
      I am learning how to live with my new live-in permanent companion. I must admit I now keep away from loud environments. I would like to go to concerts again, so I bought protective earplugs. However, I found that when I put the earplugs in the tinnitus is greatly amplified. I wonder if this is something others experience to?

2. TC426
      Hungover

TC426 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hello Denden.
      I have the same situation. Earplugs isolate but for whatever reason additionally amply the T.
      Either way, I recommend using them ;)

3. Rosie_Rose
      Balanced

Rosie_Rose Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1989? Maybe longer
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car Accident
      @Denden - I wear a noise reducing headset when I work in my wood-shop. Yes - it protects my ears but any silence makes it seems like the T is deafening.

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Denden,
      Try noise reduction earplugs that have filters in so reduce sound to a safe noise setting and not blocking the sound like foam plugs do.....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    5. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      Don't go to any concert even with ear plugs...if you have already noticeable noise induced inner ear damage the symptom of which is tinnitus

Find other interests - you can forever change your life to the worse , even far worse than what it is now just with one loud concert.

These "musician earplugs" don't block enough sound pressure, maybe okay to wear in a cafe/restaurant and such but not to an event with loud music.

There are many levels of T, from mildly annoying to unbearable.. then you have more H and even some people killed themselves over painful, un-treatable Hyperacusis like the famous lady from Holland or the musician from the USA - both stories are detailed on the web and purely noise induced.

Plugs or even muffs don't filter bass and powerful bass is capable of disrupting the liquid inside the cochlea which makes the hair cells far more vulnerable to higher frequency noise damage. There is a study on this.