Anyone Else with Random Beeping? Not Morse

Discussion in 'Support' started by Makrohn, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Makrohn
      Supportive

Makrohn Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss - Explosion - Stress
      So I would like to know if anyone else experiences what I do.

I have a random beeping that occurs only in my right ear. It's in a completely different frequency than my baseline tinnitus which is constant. It has no pattern.... sometimes it beeps 1 time, other times it beeps several times, really fast, like; Beep-Beep-Beep. The length of the beep is pretty short/sharp. It's like a signal being transmitted, and I guess if it had been persistent it would be morse code tinnitus. But it is completely random, and it appears sometimes several times a day and other days just 1 or 2 times... I don't believe it is reactive as I have experienced it at night while lying in bed also. I would like to blame an over active nervous system, but I really have no clue.

Let me know if you experience something similar. Mine started 10 months ago and I feel it keeps getting worse.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Gman
      No Mood

Gman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic earwax drops, worsened by MDs (Muppet Doctors)
      Is it an electric little chirp or blip? I do sometimes in my left ear, depending on the position of my head, or if I run my finger in the groove behind the ear. I figure it’s a nerve that goes into the inner ear.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Makrohn
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah, it's kinda like an electric chirp... I get it just completely random, not depending on any position.

4. Gman
      No Mood

Gman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Can you trigger as per the way I described?
      For me it’s the least concerning part of this crap.

5. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I have experienced this many times @Makrohn and it eventually settles down and goes until it returns again at a later date. I have found the best way is to ignore it. However, if it is becoming worse as you say and more difficult to ignore, then it really needs to be investigated by an ENT doctor and tests carried out to make sure your auditory system is functioning correctly. Then a referral to a Hearing Therapist might be advised for management and coping methods. The ear is too delicate an organ to leave it alone if you notice symptoms are becoming worse.

Michael

• Like Like x 1
    6. Gman
      No Mood

Gman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Makrohn if you get it checked out by a decent ENT please do share any findings. So difficult to find a competent doctor who will actually investigate beyond using the camera probe.

I personally do not find this aspect that bothersome, as long as it goes away. I find it more troubling when the hearing and T in one ear cuts out momentarily like turning off a switch, then kind of goes across to the other ear before returning.

• Like Like x 1
    7. pinkflea

pinkflea Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yep. Experiencing the same. Very intermittent: only at night and in one ear.Sometimes the beep even changes. You're not alone.

8. Sonic17
      Wishful

Sonic17 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      Lately I have picked up a loud "dial tone" in my Left ear that is louder and higher pitched than my constant hollow T sound. It comes and goes but like you, is more noticeable at night; I am going to try protecting my ears more and do more relaxation (less work) and see if that helps.

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. eldudebro
      Doh

eldudebro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      31/07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma/Loud Music.
      I have this intermittently. I can go weeks without it then suddenly it's paying me another visit.
      It's very quiet for me compared to my regular T, I only hear it in very silent conditions.
      I've seen various threads describing this form of tinnitus on this forum, so it is known.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Makrohn
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

Be glad that it is quiet, cause in my case it is pretty loud and disturbing. Seems like I have periods when it is worse than other... Like now, it is really bad again and bothers me all day.

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. lucy_snow

lucy_snow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss/ibuprofen
      Hi, Did that beeping go away? Because i think that i'm experiencing something similar today and i'm so afraid...

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Makrohn
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am sorry to say it has not gone away.. Actually, it is worse these days, but there could be something causing it I am not aware of. The last year, my T has been playing with me in all kinds of variations. But it does always seem to settle after a while... Just give it time and do not stress it. Try to keep as calm as possible about it.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    13. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work
      I get this...sounds a bit like a Frog croaking. Random noises. Always at night and not in the day and always in one ear. I just ignore it now as I know it happens. It happens less frequently now I am Three years in...Its just one of my animals in my 'head zoo'. The hissing Snake, The Frog and the Crickets. I have found that after the initial "what the hell is this !" panic stage, that its best to laugh at the hilarity of it all, and do your best to carry-on with life. Love and Peace ( well some... ) to you all X

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Makrohn
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah, I have like an electric frog croak in different variations and intensity. Started a year ago, and got some what worse a couple a weeks ago. Trying to keep focus elsewhere but it's not easy. But then again, I have a symphony of noises going on in my ears.

I like your attitude of laughing at the hilarity of it all.... I'll try that.

Cheers :beeranimation:

• Hug Hug x 1