Attention Christians!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JohnAdams, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Elmer B Fuddled

Elmer B Fuddled Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      plugged nasal eustachian tube
      Think you are the person who needs to go back and read this thread from the beginning and read it carefully because you may find you have one foot in the sand. And l shall tell you I didn't come here to piss you and only you, yeve a problem called short fuse. Me I'm old enough to be yer grandpappy, a veteran and my fuse is this long __.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      I'm not the one ridiculing people's religious beliefs in a disease support community forum. If you're so old then you should know that doing that makes you a garbage person.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Suffering reminds us that there is something wrong with the world. We only realize this when we personally experience misfortunes. How can God stop suffering? I think He would have to change our hearts. In a perfect world, there would only be love not hate. However, to love, for it to mean anything, has to be a personal choice. And yes, everyone is evil. At best, we all have feelings of jealousy, tell lies, hate which are root causes for evil doings. Look at genocides and wars (neighbor shoots neighbor, good guy becomes rapist). Parents do not want their children to mix with bad crowds/gangs...a good angel son may become a murderer/rapist/pedo, and worse, think there is nothing wrong with this.

What about suffering caused by natural disasters, or terrible disease, where morality is not the cause? Here, Christians do not have an answer on why God permits natural disasters and disease (atheists may find refuge in explaining natural disasters through science/climate change,etc.). However, these are additional reminders that there is something wrong with the world, and more importantly, something that is not in our control.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @Lilah -- Nice post. From what I can gather, humanity is left to its own devices, and in an educational sort of way, the world reflects quite accurately the collective states of people's hearts. And it seems we are the ones who have the responsibility for what resides in our hearts, and every thought, emotion, word, deed, etc. matters. I think the reason we're on this earth at all is to learn to make wise choices, and smooth over some of our own rough edges in the process. It seems there's a rhyme and reason to everything--I just don't know what that always is however! :)

• Like Like x 3
    5. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      er. I have read this thread quietly up until now, because while I am interested in how people's spiritual beliefs interact with their health, I'm not Christian and I haven't had much to say.

As a fellow non-Christian, I would like to reiterate @JohnAdams point: what are you doing here? I might not agree with @JohnAdams about a whole bunch of things related to Jesus (and other topics), but I agree with his basic take on your presence here.

It's one thing to have a thoughtful discussion without subscribing to the religion; we had a bunch of interesting comparative analysis of buddhism and christianity a couple pages ago. On the other hand, every one of your posts in this specific thread is some combination of condescending patronization, and patronizing condescension.

It seems like you have an axe to grind with Christians and Christianity. This is not the place for that, it just has a mean feeling to it.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Winner Winner x 2
    6. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      I am not a Christian either, but am interested in ontological discussions pertaining to suffering, love, and existence. ( did I use that word correctly?)
      Respect, kindness, and having an open mind would surely benefit this forum and our nation, speaking of the USA now generally.
      Take care all... and one day, I will figure effectively integrate that word into my vocabulary or I’ll send in some elves into my ear to poke around at my brain a bit.
      A joke for linearb... take care all.

• Like Like x 2
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      When you approach the throne of the Lord our God in prayer, do so not in sadness or hopelessness, do it in joy and happiness. Yes we need this healing, but what He has already given us is far greater than anything else we could have in this age.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Tybs

Tybs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fall from stairs
      For those of you that don't have an issue with listening to music, here is a song that helped me a lot during my first months with T:

Josh Wilson - Borrow (One Day At A Time)...

We don't always get answers immediately, but I'm confident we're getting the required strength to get through our struggles.

• Like Like x 1
    9. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Anyone think that the term festive tree will catch on?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    10. Barbara777

Barbara777 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2015
      I sometimes wonder if this racket will continue on in the afterlife... what if the tinnitus doesn't go away in the afterlife.

• Informative Informative x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    11. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      Depends on if you go to heaven or not

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    12. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
    13. Elmer B Fuddled

Elmer B Fuddled Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      plugged nasal eustachian tube
      You a bit slow, this was posted a month back, I've no comment for you.

• Like Like x 1
    14. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      Fair enough

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The explanation is that there will be a restitution in which the wicked that have inflicted misery on the rest of humanity will be cast into a fiery torment, which they will have earned many times over. Also, to me, it doesn't lead me to believe that there is no merciful God, but that there is in fact Satan, a being so wretched an evil that he delights in the suffering and destruction of even little children. This is why the Bible teaches us to rejoice even in our suffering, because it will all come to an end and all things will be made right. There will be justice. There has to be. Human life and life in general is just too crazy for there not to be a restitution, otherwise life is the absolute worst thing that the universe has ever produced and to end suffering we need to nuke the planet 100x over with the most radioactive bombs that we can make and poison the oceans to make sure nothing could ever live again.

• Like Like x 2
    16. mrbrightside614

mrbrightside614 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      No antichrist but the Bible kind of just seemed like propaganda against Lucifer. Lucifer represents the free will of people which honestly should be God’s gift to humanity. What kind of gift is predeterminarion; what being delights in a game where the outcome has already been foretold? I truly question an objective God’s motivation in even creating humanity.

Seriously tho how is Aldo doin?

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Haha, plot twist. There is no "Lucifer" in the Bible. The passage in Isaiah in English says Lucifer, but in Hebrew it is "shining one", and if you read the context it is about the King of Babylon, not the Devil. This transaltion originates in Jerome's Vulgate, the Latin Bible.

Satan, the Devil, is the Prince of Darkness, there is no light coming from him in any way shape or form. This is a major misunderstanding among modern Christianity.
      Predetermination is not what hardliner Calvinists and Gnostics would have you think. Predetermination just means God already knows what choice you will make, not that you cannot make the choice. You still have free will.

• Like Like x 1
    18. mrbrightside614

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I think every physical, tangible thing in this world points to the contrary. Everything is cyclical; for each thing, there is a counter thing. Everything is a spectrum. I suppose humanity could be the spring and fall to heaven’s summer and hell’s winter. But I think recollection of all physical material in sequences of big bangs and big crunches is highly more likely.

• Agree Agree x 2
    19. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      I've been calling mine the tree of sacrifice this year. But it's not catching on.

Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 12.52.25 AM.jpg

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2 Peter ch3 specifically addresses this opinion:

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

• Like Like x 1
    21. mrbrightside614

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      In my interpretation, which is admittedly vague, this seems to corroborate my theory and not lend itself to the heaven/hell paradigm.

I just wanna know who booked us all into early purgatory.

• Like Like x 1
    22. mrbrightside614

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Just because our current timeline fucked humanity up so badly does not mean that every chaos complexity has. Life is born of tangential chaos; a bunch of random reactions that eventually created the beauty of life and intelligent evolution. If our species had appropriately kept the corrupt of the wealthy and influential in check over centuries of oppression that continues to this day, we would have a utopia. A world with stronger foundations in law and order better contains this chaos into a more predictable path of positive evolution. With capitalism we see unfounded progress in many systems that are just WTF in terms of priority when compared to the real human suffering we see on this forum and surely many others. It is up to us to make our bed, and it is our own fault as a whole if we do not hold men accountable to moral law. Which we have failed time and time and time again.

• Like Like x 1
    23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      upload_2020-1-2_11-35-1.png
      white people of course

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @threefirefour

• Agree Agree x 1
    25. LostOutWest
      Not amused

LostOutWest Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    26. mrbrightside614

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I think our repentance should come in the form of actually organizing and demanding progress from the complacent health organizations and regulatory processors. Diplomatically, of course. We are somewhat in charge of controlling how the events play out. The Tinnitus Talk staff and some members here are starting a grassroots movement. When the time comes to call on tinnitus sufferers to band together—whether in a march, or through petition, I pray to God our agenda reaches each and every one of us so that we can affect change with our substantial minority.

I truly don’t believe there is a sinner among us so morally depraved that they deserve this ailment for any longer than, idk, 6 months? That’s some 4320 hours of constant mental and physical immolation. Surely purgatory could not extend beyond this point. But I digress. We must organize. There are many brilliant minds here on Tinnitus Talk that are languishing away due to the physiological ramifications of this condition’s ceaseless torture. It’s time to salvage that mind power and contribute to advancing our organization.

27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I agree that is something that needs to happen but Christian repentance is pretty well established and it has nothing to do with organized progress activism because the two are mutually exclusive, but as a repentant Christian I think they should both be sought after cause duh they are both good.

• Like Like x 1
    28. Chris81

Chris81 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      Ep.28: Perseverance in Suffering - Joni...

This is a powerful message/testimony.

First and foremost for Believers, but I think everyone can take this to heart.

If you're not interested, well, just move along!

Have a nice day.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    29. Gabriel5050
      No Mood

Gabriel5050 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (most likely)
      Hardly a day passes without me praying. I believe in God. I remember talking once with our philosophy teacher about religion and for the first time found someone irl who had the same opinion as me: "even if God didn't exist, what harm does it do to believe?" Finally, lol. But honestly, even in the few moments I did doubt God, I always returned to Him.

30. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Okay, here is some of my advice: Repent, pray for healing, and if you're not healed quickly, ask God for wisdom on how to either reduce your tinnitus, or help with your depression and anxiety. In my experience, I feel like I was given "wisdom" on some depression issues. And perhaps look into fasting and praying. In fact, I have read where certain people stopped eating a certain food and their tinnitus reduced or went away. Sometimes certain foods can make some people feel worse and some foods make some people feel better. Pray to God before you fast for wisdom on how to fast.

Also, Christians, please pray for me as I have had a very troubling couple of weeks.

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Like Like x 2