Attention Christians!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JohnAdams, Oct 29, 2018.

1. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      We need a miracle. Please cry and beg to our Lord to bring us some relief.

If King Manessah could burn his children to Molech, be thrown and prison and repent and have his Kingdom restored, why shouldn't we be afforded some relief from this torturous miserable condition?

I am just calling on all of those whom believe to cry out to God for a solution. For peace and rest. It's like a fire burning in our minds.

Being burned alive at the stake or even being crucified seems kinda like an easier thing to endure because that kills you way faster.

Please just pray. There are promises granted to us in the scriptures and I believe miracles do occur.

Please pray and when you do pray for us to get some relief.

• Like x 11
      • Winner x 5
      • Agree x 3
      • Hug x 1
      • Funny x 1
    2. Static Sophie 73

Static Sophie 73 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      Standing with you John

• Like Like x 2
    3. Shriniwas

Shriniwas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Syringing
      That was poigant John, I am praying for all of us with all my faith!

Stay strong, man.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. RSV

RSV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3 years ago.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music guitar.
      I sure will. And trust me God listens. :cool:

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. robHing

robHing Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I will pray for you ... my dear brother in Christ. GOD_glory.jpg

• Like Like x 5
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm perplexed. I know the bible is true. Nobody can invalidate prophecy. It's an absolute fact. Why can't we have a miracle of healing? Tinnitus is insanity.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    7. Robert18

Robert18 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october 10, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      machine noise in factory, headphone, stressed
      The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
      It is the will of God that if we pray and ask the Lord Jesus to be healed.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    8. Holly1987

Holly1987 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown

Romans 5:3-4

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    9. derpytia
      Pooptoast

derpytia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014 (many increases since then)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Progressive hearing loss / noise / ETD
      I'm Christian (though I'm not a very good one. Lord knows I am the epitome of the "prodigal son" a lot) and I've been praying since I got tinnitus for something to come along and help us. I believe God hears me but I also believe that it may be that we all have to suffer for a time. I try to remember other people who have long term illness or torturous conditions who God has also chosen not to fix or heal. Some of them He called home early. Look up "butterfly boy" Johnathan Pitre and read/watch his story and you'll see what I mean. Also watch Martina from Simon and Martina (aka Eat Your Kimchi/Eat Your Sushi). She has Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3 along with other long term health issues and she suffers a lot on a daily basis.

There is also a woman who lives through each day feeling like her entire body is on fire and no pain medication can put even a scratch into her pain.

Sometimes it is in God's will to heal. Sometimes it is God's will that we should suffer for awhile and wait. And... sometimes it is His will for us to never heal until we are called home to Heaven and the New Creation.
      That's a reality for millions of people across the globe.

You don't know how many times I've tried to turn my back on God and Christianity. But I always come crawling back because there are things that I've experienced, seen, and heard of that I cannot deny that point me back to Christ. I've raged at God. Called Him a liar and every name in the book. Eventually I repent and apologize. Nevertheless, I still pray and know that he knows what I want before I even ask, mourns our suffering with us, and has some kind of purpose or growth in mind for me despite all of this.

• Like Like x 6
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah I've seen the butterfly boys case. I cannot understand this. Maybe God has allowed our suffering to endure as a test for other people's compassion. I dont know. I just hope Jesus returns soon. Seems like Mystery Babylon has to fall first and people arent really too into that.

11. katri
      Chatty

katri Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Weird fact: I was doing research on near death experiences when I realized that in the Bible, literally no one goes to heaven until the rapture when God calls them. Death is supposed to just be sleep until we are called back. So there is a good reason why most people don’t have NDEs. Either God doesn’t want them to remember or it’s just apart of the Bible’s prophecy.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      There are martyrs in Heaven now. Elijah went to Heaven in a flaming chariot. The 7 year tribulation in Daniel 9 was the 7 year war on Jerusalem in 67ad-74ad in which the Temple was destroyed by the Romans in the middle of the war in 70ad.

The Rapture was never taught by anyone until only about 100 years ago. We are in the final empire now, the final beast and riding on this beast is an apostate church the Lord has named Mystery Babylon. Upon the destruction of Great Babylon, Jesus will return and smite the nations and initiate a 1000 year kingdom on the earth and Satan will be bound. After the 1000 years Satan will be loosed and destroyed and cast into the Lake of Fire. Then the Ressurection of the Dead and the Final Judgement occurs, death and Hell are cast into the Lake of Fire, (yes, Hell and the Lake of Fire are two different things, go read Revelation for yourself) then we live in the New Jerusalem, on the New earth for ever and ever. Amen. I will leave it to you to figure out who and what Mystery Babylon is. Here is a hint right out of the vision, the seven heads on the beast are 7 mountains. 7 (septi) mountains (montium) = septimontium.

• Like Like x 1
    13. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      God never promised us a life without suffering, he only gave us the tools to understand our suffering so that we may have the courage to face it.

A life without hardships is a life without free will, I guess it depends on which school of thought you belong in. I believe that we are all free to make our own choices and God doesn't lend a guiding hand.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    14. derpytia
      Pooptoast

derpytia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014 (many increases since then)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Progressive hearing loss / noise / ETD
      Depends on what theology you follow. Some denominations believe in this (called "soul sleep") while others believe that our spirits are gathered to God (since our soul is said to be created by the "breath" of God) and then we will go to Judgement Day in our resurrected bodies. To be honest, I wouldn't worry too much about this particular point or take too much stock in what someone says online.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well if you believe on the Lord and the Scriptures, then we will be ressurected from the dead. I highly doubt we will have tinnitus when that occurs

• Funny Funny x 3
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      God could work miracles on our nation. He can move the hands of scientists to achieve success. The US is in bad shape spiritually, we need to repent and pray.

b8c531616c80a07cdb61f7eb7dd564b94eaace29d3f4b457af6c153cb2372b70.jpg

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    17. katri
      Chatty

katri Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Did you post this before or after frequency’s update?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    18. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Wow, my my… had a different opinion of you John. You may be nice after all...;)
      And absolutely Yes he can work miracles in our nation and in ourselves.

To God be the Glory.
      Once...

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    19. oldirongut

oldirongut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      landscape equipment
      Yes I too am a Christian, after all these years of suffering. I am drawn to Paul, who after pleading for relief 3 times to have the Lord remove his "Thorn in the Flesh," The Lord Replied No," My grace is sufficient for thee" clearly Christians can and will suffer. 2nd Corinthians 12: 7-9 (para phrased)

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    20. PerturbedDude

PerturbedDude Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I agree. Paul has been on my mind as I've prayed this week, but the past five years I've felt a pretty close affinity with Job...

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    21. Champ
      Woot

Champ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma from headphones
      the best part about the bible is the story where god condemns a city of homosexuals and a guy who finds out it's coming flees with his family while god is firebombing the city and while they're running his wife looks back and gets transformed into a pillar of table salt

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    22. Holly1987

Holly1987 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      A real highlight.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    23. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      For churchgoers on here... Did you stop going to weekly services because of the loud worship band music? While not as loud and enclosed as a concert, I am wondering now if regular exposure even at lower volumes does damage to the ears... Do you always wear earplugs?

24. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      @RSV -- But, do we listen to God? ;)

25. urgentresearch
      Probing

urgentresearch Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (possibly withdrawal-induced)
      2DB2BF7B-F7D9-457E-9CDF-9EC010523892.png ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      YES! But I'm Church of Christ and we sing acapella and even that could get a little loud.

• Hug Hug x 1
    27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Where does it specifically say the sin of Sodom was specifically homosexuality?
      Although it is obvious that that lifestyle is considered sinful, it seems to me like that wasn't the main fault God found with Sodom.

Ezekiel 16:49
      Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

Sounds more like modern people that spend millions of dollars on cars, houses, and super yachts and don't care about the needy to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    28. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Yeah I've stopped. Our church can be over 83db sometimes so I'm taking a month off. The daughter of a good friend at another church was being baptised so i went along but had to leave half way through.

On a positive note I had a dream just before I woke up the other day, where I was in church singing one of my favourite songs. Dreams are fantastic. No tinnitus there! ☝

• Agree Agree x 1
    29. Flyingsheep
      Sheepish

Flyingsheep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I wear eargasm -9db earplugs during worship service and it's enough for me, thankfully. I have a much harder time going to small groups and discussions in small rooms that are very quiet and closed off, because if it's a spiky day then the ringing in my right ear is loud over everyone talking and I can't focus or participate well in the group. It makes me avoid them most of the time, which sucks.

Sometimes I break my own rules and play bass in the worship team and don't wear earplugs, because otherwise I can't hear everyone on stage very well. But actually it's usually a little quieter on stage and I only got a spike once after playing.

• Hug Hug x 1
    30. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yep, I'm still going. I help with the multimedia/lyrics slides almost every week. I also have to go during rehearsal because the musicians are always changing the lyrics around. There is only one other person doing multimedia but he prefers to be the backup. My church is kind of small, only about 120 attendance. This is basically the only position I like at church and it can be calming just sitting alone back there listening to the music. I have been wearing the foam earplugs each time.