Beats Headphones Induced Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by GuiConfortin, Feb 21, 2017.

1. GuiConfortin

GuiConfortin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 4th 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hi. I'm from Brazil. I've had an acoustic trauma with Beats Headphones December the 28th... 1 sec exposure to an unbelievable loud sound (misconfiguration in laptop and phones)... immediately i had pain... entered with prednisone the day after... all seemed well and a thing of the past... but in Jan 4th, the T began... first in the left ear. 1 week later in the right ear, along with hyperacusis. It's been a month and a half since, and it just got worse - and the hyperacusis is terrible (I can't stand my own refrigerator!!)...

Anyone on the same?

I've been to lots of ENT since... willing to start Neuromonics treatment in a month or so... any thoughts or advices?

Thanks!
      And lets hope for a cure!

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      You are in the early stages of tinnitus and I don't think you should start any treatment for now. Leave it for around 6 months. Tinnitus often improves within this time and many people habituate without treatment in the firs 6 months. I advise you not to use headphones again even at low volume. Clink on the links below to read my articles on tinnitus and hyperacusis.

Best of luck
      Michael

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/hyperacusis-as-i-see-it.19174/

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Tell me about it. Hyperacusis is horrible to deal with because it limits what you can do and where you can go. It turns every normal sounds much louder and piercingly hurtful Yes, even the soft voice of my wife hurts when spoken too close. My H started soon after my ultra high pitch dog whistle T. It was tough to have both T & H as they don't like each other. But don't worry. H that comes soon after T can fade over time and this is reported by many members including myself. So don't panic nor despair over the situation. Try to read up the success stories to have hope that to learn some insights or strategies from others. If you have time, check out my success story which contains some helpful strategies. Today I live a normal and absolutely enjoyable life. So things can improve. Take care. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      don't do any sound therapy yet - you need to rest your ears from sound for better healing
      and this can take months or even years depending on age

I would do some LLLT (light therapy) asap - it has some studies which shows some nerve and even hair cell regeneration but in the acute phase only

• Agree Agree x 1