Blocked Ears and Worried

Discussion in 'Support' started by Striveon, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm very worried. My ears have been blocked due to allergies. Any tips or medications? Or just wait it out?

At the moment all I'm taking is Flonase.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      If it's due to allergies, then you can treat the allergies, which is what you are doing. I don't know that there is anything else to do.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm not sure if it's allergies or a cold...? I'm thinking allergies? Would Sudafed work??

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Striveon
      Try steam inhalation, antihistamine to reduce mucus.
      Extra pillow at night/allergy pillow.

love glynis

5. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Flonase, possibly zyertec. You might possible try nasal washes as well. I have bad allergies myself and I feel like my ears are always full. Possibly use a humidifier in the house.

Hope you feel better :)

6. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      If the blockage is in the eustachian tube due to ETD, here is a method by a doctor on draining the blockage. It doesn't hurt to try this simple technique.

20 Second Miracle Technique for Instant...

7. hans799
      Mellow

hans799 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened Dec 2016 by headphones
      What kind of allergy do you have? I'm allergic to pollen and it turns out that the medicine around pollen allergy is fairly advanced.

First, they can take a simple blood sample and (based on the presence and concentration of antibodies) identify precisely what kinds of pollen you're allergic to, and how much.

Second, you can do allergen immunotherapy, which is basically desensitization: they give you initially small, but increasing amounts of the pollen you're allergic to, so that your body accepts its presence and no longer freaks out. It can cure, or at least very significantly decrease symptoms for years.

This is a long-term solution but I recommend that you try this out to avoid this problem in the future. I'm starting in March next year. :)

8. Deamon22

Deamon22 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Trauma
      @Striveon I am experiencing the same problem, had a cold this weekend for a few days and noticed an increase in tinnitus on monday near the end of the cold (from near inaudible and just in the right ear to a nasty headbuzz and whistling in my left ear). However i am hoping that it was just the cold and that it will get better again with time.