Brai2n Tinnitus Clinic in Belgium

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Markku, Mar 5, 2011.

1. JeffDamsko

JeffDamsko Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Don't know about the scrutiny but one would assume. Anyway various studies can be found on NCBI by "Dr. de Ridder" former head of the clinic. All (most of) those studies were performed there in the clinic.

2. cqman
      Pooptoast

cqman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      How's the effect of clonazepam-Deanxit combo? Any improvement?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21358561

3. JeffDamsko

JeffDamsko Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Still hard to tell, my T is still loud as hell but during work i hardly ever notice it anymore. When i get home i make sure to turn on some kind of sound straight away. When going to bed the WNG is on before i turn other sounds of. Clonezapam does not help me sleep any better at all though so ..... . Like I said hard to tell, also see this earlir comment:

I will get a refill prescription buy them also there as they are not available in Holland where i live. Then I will quit them, actually speaking (typing) about it, I will quit them tommorow as I'm back in the clinic the 23rd and will receive a trial session of the treatment they consider the best choice for me. Off course updates will follow.

I have attached their price list that they gave me when I went there the first time:

Also I would invite everyone to list any questions they have so I may ask them when I'm there again!!

Attached Files:

4. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      I wonder if science and the medical field would have taken T more seriously over the years, if there would be a cure by now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced, Ear Infection, Medication... Who knows?
      im not sure about a cure Dubbyaman, but Im thinking less intrusive tinnitus to where we can live somewhat of a normal life and be happy:)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. JeffDamsko

JeffDamsko Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Well I'm not asking that one :D

• Like Like x 1
    7. JeffDamsko

JeffDamsko Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Yes definitely true, like I said in an earlier post I have periods now where I can hear it, but don't hear it at the same time. It's really weird but I'm now at a point where I'm thinking wasn't it always there maybe and I just didn't notice it before. I used to work in the nightlife and that changed, tinnitus onset was after this period. Ringing in the ears after a busy night was normal. I dunno maybe this is habituation, it's not the medication from the clinic though because this was already happening before I started those as mentioned in the same post I referred to earlier.

8. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      Mine always plays head games with me. Its annoying.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Codaz

Codaz Member

Jeff, what is their opinion about ototoxic drugs and the addiction to clonazepam mentioned on this forum a couple of times?

How is your overall feeling thus far about Brai2n? Does it look professional compared to The Netherlands hospitals or?

10. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      progressive tinnitus, time of expiring in next 3-6 months
      i have appointment at 4/6 to go to brai2n... but somehow i am reserved, they been working 10 years for tinnitus, viking went there when serious doctor Van Rider worked there and paid 300 euro, now it cost 3200 euro if you get cheep airplane ticket (under 100 € per direction), and cheap b&b per 15 €.

there is no guarantee on anything nothing at all, they may sent you first day after they "speak with you" and do sLoreta (small qeeg). or you may stay there even try some drug they give that may worsen tinnitus (something combine with clonazepam)... to test is it better but as you know clonazepam end working after few month and you must take higher dosage, bad medicine with tinnitus side effect if you stop it fast or maintain yearly usage.

So now they are clinic so called included in public health care system, but actually private because they charge full price and you pay full price. I dont know what to say... Honestly... i think they are fake, but i would go to them on diagnosis, so they charge me 350 euro for paper (+ travel and 3 nights to sleep somewhere)

11. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:

Why did you list price list when i listed real price list what they do, how many times it has to be done smarty pants?
      you think you know what they do, you need to look what i posted, becouse that is price list from january, not 6/2013... you can not make 1 bit chocolate cost so much and i dl milk so much, you need to know how much cost entire cake, because you are not going to eat idl milk or piece of chocolate. So what you gave, everyone can find on their web page smarty pants.

POINT WHAT TRETMENT COST!

after every treatment go qeeg (+140 €)

totally strange to be honest

fM64gvQ.jpg

12. Codaz

Codaz Member

Quite a nonsens discussion if you ask me. Yes it will cost money, and no we will not know if it helps.
      But when you do heart surgery (catheter) you won't know if not another part of the heart is failing the next year.

13. JeffDamsko

JeffDamsko Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Well good for you. Please don't read my post tomorrow cause it may contain something already mentioned by you in earlier post.
      This is the price list that they gave me and I happened to had scanned that day for my t file. I figured I'd post, it you little Mr smarty pants. done here for today

14. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      But you have assisted suicide in Holland? If so, can anybody apply?

15. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:

probably then they did not gave it to you, this a copy from their web page, you can see prices are same, but problem is to make tretment, becouse one has to multiple tretment prices :(

http://www.brai2n.com/nl/patient/consultaties/wat-de-kostprijs

16. JeffDamsko

JeffDamsko Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I'm gonna keep it short for now as I'm prepping for Kingsday a Dutch national Holiday. So I will only post what was recommended and will post more on the reasons for it later. Let's try to keep a grown up conversation going here @Christian78 and myself included. I'm just trying to document my experience at the clinic for TT and it's readers, without looking at other people's experiences. :D SO....

Based on results I was recommended a 4 week treatment course of twice a week sessions. During these sessions I will receive simultaneously TDCS (Transcranial direct-current stimulation) and TRNS (Transcranial Random Noise Stimulation). The total costs for the whole 4 weeks is 320,- Euro's. That's 40,- a session, as it is simultaneous they charge for just 1 of the 2. ****(He did say they hospital was thinking of increasing the costs for simultaneous sessions to 60,- in the near future, also said he wouldn't cooperate with that. :D.) After this course another qEEG check -up (if you want so) for 140,=. So a total of 320 course, 140 optional post treatment check = 460,=
      Off-course travel costs would be different for all of us; but if you wanna know in my case it's, 30 on gas up & down + 4 on parking.

On another note he also said he heard there was something going round on the internet that treatments there would cost as much as 3200,- which is false he said. I told him I would make sure at least people on TT would know this was not the case.

He said this like most of treatments they offer work on half of subjects. The ones it works on some times need to come back regularly for 1 or 2 sessions, but there also people that come back after 2 or 3 years wanting another course. On the other ones it keeps working or they just haven't come back yet he said. So based on the what i think is more than reasonable costs im gonna try this. This I will do probably in June, July or maybe even August as I have work to consider.

More later.

• Informative Informative x 1
    17. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Have you gotten a Loretta qEEG?

18. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Not sure if they can help but they're definetly not money driven.
      Those prices are more than reasonable compared to those in Swiss clinic:(

19. Codaz

Codaz Member

What can be seen on the qEEG?

20. Mo_Mo

Mo_Mo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      25/11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Started A Week After A Cold
      @JeffDamsko did you decide when your going to try their treatment?

21. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      We have in Sweden rTMS and I am begging belgian shit faggot clinic to give me details protocol for tinnitus protocol and they don't want to give me so I can use it in Sweden. There is also in germany and so on but... they dont want to help and that is it!

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    22. Silvio Sabo
      Pooptoast

Silvio Sabo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise - I think
      Of course they won't. How else are they going to suck money out of you? Monopoly is a wonderful thing...

23. snow86
      Surrender

snow86 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 - Extreme T since 12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      see "information" on profile page. Crippled by extreme T
      Are there actually people with severe T who got better after transcranial magnetic stimulation or treatment by brai2n in general? (by better I mean the T got lower)
      Is it worth the stress getting into Brai2n clinic?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    24. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Chances are 30% or less for some temporary improvement.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    25. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      That is my understanding as well, @dan, but as far as I know there have been no studies that demonstrate whether or not even the 30% temporary improvement might be placebo effect.

I confess that I really have not kept up with TMS and Brai2n as well as I probably should have - so my current understanding in the above regard might be incorrect. Do you (or does anybody here) have knowledge of any controlled data pro or con?

Thank you.

26. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMS and DCS are pretty easy to do your self for cheap in the comfort of your own home. So, I wouldn't necessarily go to a lot of time and money to have someone else do them if that's all you're looking for.

27. Codaz

Codaz Member

How? As we don't have the (probably) expensive equipment that they have there.

28. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      it's not expensive. You can do DCS with a nine volt and a high school understanding of circuitry, similar for TMS.

http://www.diytdcs.com/
      https://www.reddit.com/r/tDCS
      http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Build-a-Real-Working-Brain-Ray-Transcran/
      http://open-rtms.sourceforge.net/about.html

Note that insofar as these things are real modalities that can have a real metabolic effect, it's probably possible to mess yourself up with them.

I've played with DIY pulsed electromagnetic fields; I've stopped short of zapping myself with a nine-volt. I did see one anecdote from someone on reddit or someplace who went hard and heavy with a TDCS device of his own making and apparently lost his vision for a couple weeks, but, hey, it did come back after a couple weeks so maybe it's not that dangerous!

edit: case in point, found on reddit:
      LOL

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    29. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Does any one know if it would be worth traveling from the states(USA) to get a qEEG /treatment from this clinic? Is there anything in the USA that is similar?

30. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      not worth it, the hospital is very basic and treatment option aged ... i`m sure you can find the EEG anywhere and a neurologist and/or psychiatrist to examine the findings. Than you can look for your own approach to healing what you find.

• Like Like x 1