Can't Take Much More — At My Wits' End

Discussion in 'Support' started by Budgie, Sep 10, 2015.

1. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      I remember that my sleep was also a mess for some time in the first 4-5 months.
      Woke up in the middle of the night, saw my wife sleeping like a baby (that bitch :)) and I would just go to the other room or watch tv... Now that I think about it, the insomnia helped me watch almost all the world cup matches last summer. Yay tinnitus :eek:

@Budgie, as everyone has mentioned, it does get better.
      Freaking out is perfectly normal but you need to give it time. Calm down, try and fix your sleep.
      If you feel that you cant deal with it, look into the AM-101 or the Autifony studies. Also look in the Treatments forum. There are a lot of things to try before doing anything drastic...

2. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 resolved, 4/20 L ear, increase 2/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Oh me too but he sounds very suicidal. I am so afraid for him. I know he said he is from Scotland.

3. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Budgie,

Please message one of us. I am in the US. Anyone on the forum from Scotland ? I think that is where Budgie is from. Budgie, You need help. Try to give the hospital another chance. We are all here for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Aaron123

Aaron123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      00/0000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Irrelevant
    5. Brian Reade
      Cheerful

Brian Reade Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      after chiropractic neck adjustment
      I hope Budgie is ok....

6. Brian Reade
      Cheerful

Brian Reade Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Moderators: are you able to see Budgie's IP address or any other info he may have provided when he signed up? I think we need to somehow have someone check on him.
      I do hope he exchanged his email address or some other contact info with someone here. His last post is a cause for concern.

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Budgie ,
      Please post or pm me.
      Happy talk with you on the phone anytime day or night....lots of love glynis

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Budgie

Budgie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6 weeks ago
      I am OK folks, still fighting this, I can't bring myself to self harm, it has been on my mind though , everytime I look at the wife , it would be so bad for her, I just have to hope that it goes soon.. it's when the wife leaves for work , I feel so lonely and bored, that's the struggle. Home alone all day, horrible.

9. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Thank god your ok budgie...x.
      Your not alone on here no more and welcome phone me or phone you.
      Im in England .
      I Work part time and at 1.3O pm till 10 pm im home alone unless go out .
      It does get better I promise you,you will get your confidence back and cope better and sleep better too....lots of love glynis

10. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      is there a reason you need to be home or can you go out? if you don`t like to be home alone maybe you should find something to do ...

11. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      Budgie. Hi you need help. Please... Please... Confide in someone like the Samaritans , there's no shame in doing that they will help you get through this. They are wonderfull people who can get you through these bad times.

12. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      It's nice to see complete strangers on the forum offering all that help and support , probably more than any friend or family could offer

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Budgie,

You have been on my mind all night. I have been very worried. If nothing else, take heart that all these people, strangers really, care about you and want to help. Please get to a decent medical professional. There are other opinions for medications for sleep. Maybe a more controlled dispensing of medication so it limits potential for overdose. Maybe the doctor would be agreeable to that. It might mean daily trips to the pharmacy for you but you would get just enough medication to sleep each night and the doctor will not worry about an accidental overdose. You need sleep in order to get better and fight this. You also need activities during the day to occupy you while your wife is at work and try to engage your mind in something other than T. Please take Glynis up on her offer of a phone call. I am new here but she is an amazing support to us all and she is in the UK.

We are all here for you.

Danielle

14. Brian Reade
      Cheerful

Brian Reade Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Glad you're ok, Budgie.
      Many good suggestions from people here.

15. Barbara777

Barbara777 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2015
      Budgie, what you are going through is very normal at the beginning of t. You will get past this but it will take time. Try to find something to do during the day to keep busy. Staying home thinking of your t will only make your anxiety worse and make the ringing seem louder. I was where you are seven months ago, and I can tell you it will get easier to deal with. At night get a sound machine that has a sound you find relaxing. I use the sound of a water stream. Take some melatonin to help you sleep. Go to an audiologist and see if they can help you. There are clinical trials you might be able to get into if they are in your area...look at aut00063 or AM101. You can read about them in the research section on this forum. Also, read the success stories and you will see that it will get better for you.

16. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Budgie ,
      I will pm you my number so you have it.
      I dont bite and been taking calls a long time and email and texts and over 3000 messages supporting people with tinnitus on the BTA and still on their .
      Just a friend who understands how your feeling....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    17. jeanneguy

jeanneguy Member

Thank you

18. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Budgie,
      Just wondering how you are doing......lots of love glynis

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Budgie

Budgie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6 weeks ago
      Hello glynis,
      I am delighted to say I have slept 8 hours without sleeping pills or any pills , last night. And the T has faded
      It's like a miracle! Can't be leave it, I can almost not hear it this morning, my sincere thanks to you and everyone on this forum, as you know I was fighting for my life! Thats what it felt like, don't understand why it got better, so quickly! Hope for everyone on here.

• Like Like x 1