Carnivore Diet for Treating Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Ricky Demetro, Apr 1, 2019.

1. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      From personal experience, when I switch to ketosis (aka fat burning) in a low-carb diet I go through an initial brain-fog that lasts a couple weeks followed by a natural high. Carbs and simple sugars provide an initial high followed by a crash. Same with caffeine. So most of the day you're sort of in the hangover stage. The ketosis is sort of like being on speed 24/7. This was in conjunction to a lot of exercise.

Getting on the wagon is the hard part, because you have to work through the brain fog (and cravings), and beat back everyday temptations. Low carb may not sound like much of a compromise but it is if you want to lose weigh because you have to drop your overall caloric intake dramatically. So volume-wise I was downing far more leafy vegetables than protein just to fill my stomach.

But I think any improvement to tinnitus is down to the metabolic/mood shift and not any actual lowering of volume. It's just like getting on any other kind of drug. You still hear the tinnitus but it doesn't bother you as much.

2. BrianW.

BrianW. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I recently got a Xanax prescription for my tinnitus.

3. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-2019 (Mild, Cured) 8/2020 (Severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus / Microsuction / Acoustic Trauma
      Is that still working for you?