Castor Oil Anyone?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Quiet please, Jan 7, 2018.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Quiet please Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cochlear Endolymphatic Hydrops/Hearing loss
      @BLane
      The CBD oil helps with anxiety & to sleep. No change with the T. ☹️

2. Deathtotinni

Deathtotinni Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/10/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Qtip and maybe a sound..who knows
      Been putting it on my beard/skin a few months my T is now tolerable but who knows if it from the bjco or because I’ve just gotten used to it. It doesn’t seem to be as loud though. It’s not this high pitched wanna blow my brains out all the time sound anymore. It’s just there if I look for it. Hearing loss is 40dbs at 4000hz in my right and like 5 or something dbs at 4k in the left so yeah got a good ear

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Deathtotinni
      That’s great you’re getting some relief from basically rubbing it into your skin. I decided I didn’t want to take the chance of any laxative effects with castor oil. I’m very sensitive to those sort of things.
      My experimental tx now is using organic essential oils to rub into my skin. I use 3 drops each of Frankensence, Lavender & Ginger oils 2x day. The T is lower in both volume and frequency. I don’t know my frequency #, so am going by how I feel. It’s helping so far & smells nice. Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      head trama caused TMJ/neck problems/ETD
      I've been using ultra sound on my TMJ, but alas treatments add up. So someone suggested castor oil to continue to break up the scar tissue and bring down inflammation. I put it on outside and inside. So of course I'm ingesting some. It's really helped my TMJ. Also, I side benefit that it's cleared up my acne! Which would have been so great to know about years ago.

My T has gone down a bit lately and I'm not sure if it's ingesting the castor oil. Or that it's simply helping my TMJ and it's affect.

Bit leery about trying it in ears.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Shera
      That wonderful news!
      Any intestinal issues from it?

6. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nope. Most of it absorbs before it goes down my throat. Though I've always been a constipated person so it takes a lot before things *ahem* get me flowing. Though I think you have to take a good spoonful before it does that.

7. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @Shera, interesting that it cleared up your acne. I wonder what the modus operandi was on that. I have heard that if you put some on your facial skin regularly, that within a relatively short time, a person can look several years younger (I saw the number 10 years bantied around).

Also, it's supposedly used by some people for the eyes--apparently keeps things soft inside and prevents cataracts. For a while I put a bit on my eyelids and around my eyes before going to bed at night, but eventually dropped that somewhat messy routine--though I thought my skin did look smoother around the eyes.​

8. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have severe cystic acne. It gets so painful when it's out of control. I researched everything under the sun to help it. About a week or two into the castor oil I noticed that my skin was clearly up where I was putting it on to treat my TMJ. I got curious and googled castor oil for acne. I'm so annoyed that it's apparently "well" known to treat acne. My skin looks amazing! Not to mention it's been healing my scars and blackheads.

I put my hair up on my head and then leave it on for 2 to 4 hours while working/doing chores. Then wash it off. I don't like to sleep with it on.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    9. aberob

aberob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      a variant of meniers maybe, and or anxiety
      I just started taking castor drops on my toung. Will try for a month and update .

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. aberob

aberob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      a variant of meniers maybe, and or anxiety
      don't think the castor oil did anything for me

11. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      super mega laxative.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Which castor oil do you use exactly & can I put it on my skin??

13. Chinmoku

Chinmoku Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Started with a cold, possibly worsened by medication/noise
      Yes, to the point that the fascist regime in Italy, under Mussolini, used to inflict large drinks of castor oil to dissidents and opposers. It was the main mainstream punishment for people mildly opposing the regime. I'd never imagined it could be a potential treatment for tinnitus

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    14. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Viva il Duce!

• Funny Funny x 1
    15. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I first started out with one from Starwest. They're expensive, but I already had a bottle and hadn't been using it for anything. Right now I just make sure it says 100% solvent free and "Cold Pressed". But if it's in the laxative isle it's going to be food grade and safe. I buy mine from Pureformulas in the US.

You betcha! Like I said above I've got severe acne and anything I put on my face breaks me out it an evil bout of cystic acne. Castor oil is a natural antibiotic .

"Castor oil has antimicrobial properties that may help fight bacterial overgrowth when applied to the skin. One test-tube study found that castor oil extract showed considerable antibacterial power, inhibiting the growth of several bacteria, including Staphylococcus aureus . . . "

If you're nervous do a test spot for a bit. But I've converted many people over to it. From oily to dry. I've noticed it's gained a lot of popularity for skin and now hair.

I still massage it into my jaw and just under my ear and jaw line to treat my TMJ. I went off it for a month and noticed how bad my jaw got. So it wasn't a fluke. I also do a very light application on the inside of my mouth in the back where my TMJ clicks.

Hope this helps!

• Like Like x 1