CBG:CBD Cannabinoid Tincture — It's Helping My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Quiet please, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Cher2

Cher2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Did you experiment with the minute amounts and swallowing vs. sublingual to find that this worked for you? Or, did you get the idea from the article that you linked?

Thanks for sharing what is helping you.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Quiet please Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cochlear Endolymphatic Hydrops/Hearing loss
      @DaveFromChicago, that sucks; so sorry to hear this. In my case I know it’s helping me because I had a week without it and had a return of inflammation pain in my legs and the tinnitus was louder. I also had a bit more trouble falling asleep.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Picassocat, thank you for the article and the telling of your experience. I am reconsidering taking a small (1ml) dose of the CBT along with the CBT. Of course, I gave away all my CBT to friends and have to reorder it. Lol.

4. Picassocat

Picassocat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      24 y
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      @Cher2, the article convinced me there could be a positive link between tinnitus and CBD, but the delivery method, form & dosage remains to be found. I first tried to vape CBD, it spiked my tinnitus but the next day was wonderful. It is difficult to know exactly how much you are taking with vaping, so I bought CBD capsules. I took 10 mg, the smallest I could find, and again my tinnitus spiked, but the next day was great. I tried freezing the capsules to cut them in half, but CBD oil doesn't freeze very well. I rapidly concluded that I need small amounts and probably slow release. I went to oil. I started to experiment, 1 mg here and there and tinnitus was under control. Two mg before bedtime and it spiked me. For me it's the difference between cicadas or crickets. I love crickets.

Now, I swallow 1 mg of CBD oil (no THC please) about 4 or 5 times a day. I buy my oil form the Ontario Cannabis Store and I've tried a few products since one was out of stock. I've had tinnitus (noise induced) for 24 years and it's been getting worse. I also take 3 mg of Melatonin at bedtime and I wear hearing aids which also help with my tinnitus. I flee loud noise, no more concerts for me (sorry Rolling Stones). :rockingbanana:

5. Cher2

Cher2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thanks!

6. object16
      Magical

object16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      overuse of hearing protection, plus noise
      Well it is gratifying there is good cannabinoid. My opinion, being medical doctor myself, is that there has to be plasticity, plasticity takes time. I've got a friend growing out some THCV for me. If you check my content I have enormous cannabinoid thread and I'm glad someone else has taken over with this novel thread. So giving medication time, is referred to tincture of time. My friend has grown CBG flowers for me, my idea is to actually buy concentrate plus vape.

• Like Like x 1
    7. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I have been doing tinnitus focused meditations. I'd be interested in learning more about EMDR. Any pointers for a novice?

8. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Which brand are you taking?

9. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Maybe your tinnitus seems louder after experiencing quieter tinnitus, but your baseline hasn't really shifted?

10. EricJ
      Wtf

EricJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Severe Ear Infection
      @Quiet please, thank you for all the information on CBG. I've tried CBD and it makes my tinnitus spike really bad so I had to stop taking it. I have a good source for Pure CBG and am going to give it a try at 50 mg twice a day. Also going to work on some other things at the same time (therapy, meditation, grounding, etc). I should be getting my CBG next week and after taking it for a week or so, I'll post my results.

I'm glad you are doing a little better and hope it stays low. Take care.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @EricJ, wishing you all the best with your CBG experiment.

Yes, I’m still doing better on it than without it. I tested that out by not buying more when I ran out. After about a week, I got a loud buzzing in my bad ear that wouldn’t go away. I ordered a new bottle and after a few days, the buzzing softened and eventually went almost completely away. Enough to tolerate it.

With that said, my friend’s soft intermittent tinnitus got louder! I guess like everything else we’ve tried, not everything helps everyone. Good luck!

12. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Why would CBD spike tinnitus if it is THC free?

13. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      Some people still have adverse effects to CBD. For the most part, it’s very hard to find CBD that 100% clear of THC anyway so it could be that the extremely small amount of THC is causing a spike.

• Like Like x 1
    14. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Glad to read that you are feeling better on the oils.

I am totally new to CBD. Interested in trying. Petrified of spikes however. Are they related to THC content? Which one are you taking please?

15. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Does this tincture have THC? Does it spike your tinnitus?

16. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Is that a permanent worsening?

17. Chinmoku

Chinmoku Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Started with a cold, possibly worsened by medication/noise
      I had a worsening trend from the start, it never stopped, so it's hard to say whether it was the CBD long term. Let's say CBD slightly accelerated it for me.

18. Jans_tinn
      Balanced

Jans_tinn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      intestinal surgery?
      Thank you for this thread - I definitely want to try CBD and/or CBT for my tinnitus. I have a few questions though, after reading many posts on CBD, CBT.

I gather that any amount of THC is known to exacerbate or even spike tinnitus?

@Quiet please, did you ultimately find a combo of CBD and CBT helped your tinnitus?

Any other folks find that CBT works better than CBD alone, or a combo of both?

It seems that a sublingual tincture would be the best option for consistent dosing.

Thank you for any help. I am new at navigating my battle with tinnitus. Tinnitus Talk is an amazing source for info, but it's a lot to take in.