CBG:CBD Cannabinoid Tincture — It's Helping My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Quiet please, Jul 13, 2021.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Quiet please Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cochlear Endolymphatic Hydrops/Hearing loss
      Hi everyone, well we ARE the experimental group aren’t we? Lol.

I definitely think inflammation IS the key. Neuro and otherwise; it plays havoc with me. I’d love to kick it to the curb.

After reading all your comments, stats and observations, I feel slightly optimistic about taking the CBG alone. I say “slightly” because after 11 years & 2 months of having this horrible tinnitus, I don’t usually get my hopes up too high.

Keep experimenting and posting folks! Good luck to us all.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication - antidepressants
      From what I have read, CBN is the one to help sleep (it has more of a sedating effect). I think that CBG can help with energy, but people may react differently to the compounds.

I have been feeling even more tired than my usual tired self, so am skipping a night of my cbg/cbd mix to see if there is any change with this.

Happy to read that that the mix may have helped you @Zugzug.

3. object16
      Magical

object16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      overuse of hearing protection, plus noise
      Hi guys. I have got my friend to grow out CBG flowers for me.

Last night was first time I've taken any, it did drop my blood pressure, which is known CBG effect, my tinnitus has been borderline suicidal lately with a vicious spike for the past 5 weeks.

I took CBG by vape at 8 pm. I was really tired and I fell instantly asleep, which is rare.

I woke up around midnight, I vaped more at 2 am and fell asleep pretty well and woke up at 8 am.

My tinnitus has gone from 8/10 to 2-3/10. It is too early to say for sure, however like others point out, this is good for brain inflammation and brain disorder, so my extremely preliminary experience is very positive. All other cannabinoids so far, CBD, CBDV and THC spike the tinnitus. THC is really bad. CBD is tolerable. I would take CBD because it does help with sleep.

I have just read the entire thread, I personally did start a cannabinoid thread a few years ago as myself as the guinea pig, my son has schizophrenia and the seed company hearing of this sent me free CBG seeds which my friend has grown out to maturity. My daughter unfortunately has dermatomyositis and CBG is immune modulator, CBD works well for her, fortunately I live in a cannabis legal country to grow, so my friend grows all this for me at low cost.

After reading this entire thread I pretty well believe CBG is the break. Like really, I started a end of life thread looking for support, someone told me give up and end it all which is stupid advice, and really that is all that changed, I vaped CBG and in one day I feel great and anyone recommending end it all should have their account suspended. That's not what this forum is for. That however gives you idea how bad it was for me, today the tinnitus is very quiet and easy to handle. If I had ended it all I would just be six feet under and of no help to my family or to society or to my workplace. Push for legalizing weed. CBG vapes at 50C which is the lowest possible setting. I have no idea how you can make an oil from it because it is so volatile.

And I had no idea CBG even existed except Sensible Seeds and other vendors carry it. It is a newly developed strain, I suspect they used DNA sequence technology. Pevgrow has a house labelled CBG strain, which I placed on order for. In the meantime my friend has four bushes with plenty of nice flowers. The house brand I refer to is said to be 15% and growing it is extremely cheap compared to buying.

• Like Like x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @object16, so happy you didn’t take the end advice. What a horrible day or year or life that person must have been having. I’m also glad you found some comfort in the CBG. All the best. Keep posting!

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    5. Chinmoku

Chinmoku Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Started with a cold, possibly worsened by medication/noise
      Whoa, this is the type of breakthrough I'm looking for. From 8 to 2-3/10? I really hope to benefit from this.

My CBG will arrive probably tomorrow, in form of crystals, so I'm not sure how I should take it, probably sublingually?

Also, my impression is that CBG is a precursor of CBD. What do you mean by saying you suspect they used DNA sequence technology?

• Informative Informative x 1
    6. GeorgeLG
      Wishful

GeorgeLG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Leaf blower, rock band, constr & comp shooting, chemo
      I am under the impression that CBD, CBG, CBN, CBA are all unique compounds extracted and isolated from the plant. Do I have that wrong?

George

• Like Like x 1
    7. kingsfan
      Haunting

kingsfan Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      turning everything up to 11
      Uhhh. So is this CBG stuff just available at any dispensary in California? Or is it some special web order kind of thing.

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @kingsfan, I bought from an online company called Lazarus Naturals. But I believe it’s readily available now that the word is out.

9. object16
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      CBG is the precursor, the weed has either CBD synthase or THC synthase. A given strain of weed can produce THC, CBD, some combination, or if deficient is synthase, only CBG. The reason for gene sequencing is to find a weed that is deficient or polymorphous and work from there, such as back-cross methods. That would be my guess. Gene sequencing method would for example take 2000 seedlings of a polymorphous strain, mince and sequence, find one plant with desired sequence, and use seed breeder techniques. Another possibility is they could be using cell culture and direct DNA manipulation. I do not know, they do not disclose this to anyone not working for them. CBN is an oxidation product of THC. Weed does not produce CBN.

As for amount, for example if I take 0.5 g which is 500 mg and my weed is 10%, then my dose would be 50 mg of CBG.

I was using fresh non-dried flower because that is all I have right now, but my desktop vape is meant for party use, means it has a pretty huge chamber. My estimate is last night I took around 75 mg of CBG, my estimation of potency is based on CBG being alpha2 adrenergic central acting, which drops your pressure, and mine definitely did. Don't worry, if you feel faint, just lie down. So far my tinnitus is holding steady at 3/10 for the entire day.

I just checked their website. It seems their price is excellent. If you are not USA based, then that is where the problem arises. For example Canadian prices for CBG are about 6X the Lazarus price, so Canadians get cheated. The USA price is around $1 per day and Canadian price is around $6 per day. So $360 vs $2000. If you are on limited budget, as most people are, this is very significant. One of my friends lives on $US13,000 per year, so take $US2000 out of that and she can't afford to live. Take $US360 out of that, and she could manage. With a social network, she can get weed for very little, by trading skills (and I don't mean her body).

Fortunately, my woman friend does not take CBG, regular weed is fine for her, she does not have tinnitus. This is what is called social injustice.

• Like Like x 1
    10. object16
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So I tried vaping from another flowering bush labelled CBG. Both bushes were grown from seed labelled CBG#1. It just spiked the tinnitus. I have no clue, because I do not have analysis, and who knows the quality control of the seeds, what I was vaping the first night.

So don't hold your breath. It seems like disappointment for me today. I had so much hope. It is possible the store bought oil may have quality control, or this might work for one person and not another, the first night was very dramatic, and so I cannot say one way or another at this point. Will try vaping flowers from the first bush after this spike settles down for me. Unfortunately there are no rooted cuttings from the first bush either. What I can do, if flowers from the first bush work well, is ask for analysis, but that again is quite costly.

Or wait and see what other people report with Lazarus brand of oil. If the Lazarus brand does give consistent relief, then I will try to find Canadian source of similar oil. The problem is this is Canada, and so buying from USA vendor does not work, they do not ship across border due to regulations.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @object16, sorry to hear about your spike. I can imagine how disappointed you are. I hope you try again and get relief; maybe a lower dosage?

Quality control may in fact, be the issue. So far my limited experience has only been with a pre-made product in MCT oil. Maybe putting it sublingually under the tongue is important. I’ve also been experimenting with several very small dosages throughout the day. Maybe adjust your dosage?

My CBG tincture should be here today or tomorrow. I can’t believe my joints are hurting and a bit swollen by taking it for 2 days. That’s very interesting. At the least, if it doesn’t improve the tinnitus, I hope to continue to have relief in that area. The tinnitus is elusive and fickle. I’ll continue to try all different trials for tinnitus relief. Hope you do too. All the best.

12. Chinmoku

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So sorry to hear this. I really hope you can find out what works and how to stay on a regimen of the right CBG. Thank you for your note on gene sequencing. I need to read a little more about that.

I am in the UK and here there are a few vendors, but prices vary considerably. I bought my crystals on offer and I spent £12 (about $17) for 1g of isolate crystals. Normal price would be £19 ($26). Assuming the crystals are close to 1:1 concentration, but I have no idea if this is true, if I take 20mg per day, I could go on 50 days with 26 dollars. 40mg per day would bring me to $1 per day. This seems pretty ok compared to Canada but perhaps I got it all wrong? I am new to this and thinking straight with this electric scream in my ears is very hard.

Also, @object16, as you appear to be quite knowledgeable in this area, what do you think is the best way to get CBG and other CBD related products more generally? I never vaped, I used to take CBD oil sublingually, it was great for anxiety and sleep but unfortunately it would spike my bad tinnitus. I'm going to try CBG crystals tonight. What would be the pros and cons of vaping, if you feel like discussing it? Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
    13. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Chinmoku, from what I have read, vaping can has a more instant effect due to ingestion via the lungs. I also read that the effects can last for shorter periods of time.

To all who are trying, do let us know how CBG isolate (CBG without any additional forms of of cannabis) works for you.

• Like Like x 2
    14. object16
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That is correct, vaping goes instantly into your system, sublingual is also pretty quick. If you take it as edible, there is firstly poor absorption and second the liver metabolizes it, so sublingual (keep under your tongue and in mouth for as long as possible) would be my preference, vaping is my next choice, I don't take a lot and my lungs are not diseased (as of yet lol), if you've got asthma, actually CBD is supposedly a brochodilator and immune modulator, and might help asthma, but I would definitely not smoke it. Although I have friends who do, but I wouldn't advise it. And I find CBD is a double edged sword, it helps me get to sleep but spikes the tinnitus, so I don't know if I'm doing more harm than good in the long run.

As for CBG it is anyone's guess, I'm going to label the bushes, who really knows. One thing I do know, there is no quick fix, so be prepared for long term strategy.

• Like Like x 2
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My CBG delivery can’t get here soon enough! Since I’ve stopped the combination CBG:CBD, my pain has mostly returned. That was fast; only 2 1/2 days. It’s after midnight here in New York, USA. The tinnitus is loud and wants my undivided attention. I try to ignore it but am unsuccessful. Time for a Xanax and hopefully some sleep.

• Hug Hug x 1
    16. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Interesting @Quiet please. So something is definitely working. It will be interesting to see how the CBG on its own works on you. I have read that CBG and CBD can cancel each other out in some of the ways in which they work. I hope that the isolate continues to provide relief from your other inflammation problems whilst also doing something for the tinnitus. Hope you managed to sleep okay (with your Xanax).

• Like Like x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Uklawyer, thank you; you are most kind. I did sleep well last night. Xanax is a last resort for me, but I must say it works! It lightens the pain & helps me sleep without adversely affecting the tinnitus. Except for the “it’s an addictive substance” part, it’s a marvelous drug. LOL! So I of course take it sparingly.

Yes; the joint & muscle pain returning is very interesting. My guess is that it IS the CBG & it’s lovely anti-inflammatory action that’s keeping it at bay. I’m praying it works on the tinnitus too, as it continues to be much more loud & obnoxious since discontinuing the CBG. Can’t win sometimes.

I got a notification it’ll be here Saturday. I’ll be watching for the mail truck. I’ll post my update.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So excited! My CBG tincture came & I just took my first dose of 1 ml which is 50 mg. It’s in MCT oil & tastes like crap, but I don’t care. It came just in time, because my leg joints are killing me, my head hurts & my tinnitus is obnoxiously loud.

Hoping the anti-inflammatory properties are going to kick in soon (or at all) and offer relief. The instructions say to start out at 50 mg, wait 2 hours and work up to a maximum of 200 mg. I hope I don’t need that high a dosage; but we’ll see. The next trial experiment is ON!

Need some good vibes sent my way. Thanks!

• Hug Hug x 2
    19. Chinmoku

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I hope it works for you @Quiet please. Unfortunately it spikes my tinnitus like CBD. I tried doses of 20 mg and then 50 mg but the tinnitus became even louder and sharper. I'm stopping it :(

I needed relief so desperately.

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Chinmoku, that’s SO unfair! I’m so sorry that’s happening. Maybe try 10 ml?

I’m thinking 50 mg may be too much myself. Last night I was excited and didn’t think it though. I need to start low and if need be, work my way up. Right now, it’s 8:30 am. I had a decent sleep with much dreaming. But the tinnitus is loud. But it’s always loud when I wake up, for 1-3 hours. Is it loud because of that? Is it loud because it’s been loud this whole week? Or is it the CBG? I was hoping for at least a softening of tinnitus like I experienced when I first started this whole test. Oh well. We’ll see.

21. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Like Like x 1
    22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Uklawyer, well it’s certainly not worse; if that’s anything. It’s 10:30 am here & my usual morning wake-up tinnitus call is “slightly” softer. Less piercing. That’s good of course. But it’s still there. The pain is also still there but maybe slightly less. Never sure if I’m just wishful thinking these feelings. Once I’m really up & about and moving, I’ll know more.

Interesting that I slept late. Woke up 1 hour later than usual. Is it from the CBG? I think it may be. A good sleep is always key.

So my answer is... right now it’s too early to tell. But I’m certainly hopeful.

I took 25 mg 3 x subliminally yesterday. I just took my first 25 mg dose of the day when I awoke. The bottle says you can take up to 200 mg a day. I’m going to experiment until I get relief. Good think I bought a big bottle. Lol.

Fingers still crossed!

23. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Quiet please, interesting indeed. A good sign with the tinnitus and, potentially, the pain.

It is of course early, but I was curious about your experience with the CBG.

So you are taking the same amount of CBG that you took with the CBD:CBG tincture?

• Agree Agree x 1
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Uklawyer, I’m taking a higher dose of the CBG alone. I’m (right now) taking a total of 75 mg (3 doses of 25 mg) a day. With the combo CBG:CBD, I was taking 40 mg (4 doses of 10 mg) a day. I did lower to 30 mg (10 mg 3x day) when the tinnitus started getting bad. I didn’t bother with going lower as I clearly saw the CBD spiked the tinnitus. Too bad!!

Not really sure if this is the correct dose or not for me. Hopefully I should know soon if I need to adjust it. The company recommends between 50 mg-200 mg per day. Frankly, I’m not even sure 3x a day is better than 2 or 4. I figure I’ll stay in the middle for now & see. The experiment continues!!

How are you doing with all this? My apologies that I haven’t asked sooner. I’m getting very self-absorbed with this whole thing.

25. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Quiet please, all you can do is experiment with the doses and see.

I stopped taking mine for now as I was uncertain if the CBD:CBG was having an effect on my energy levels (making me more tired). I thought I felt a bit better the day after stopping it on waking - though I still feel tired at the moment. The whole thing has been hard for me to judge as I traveled from France to the UK and was in a different environment, going to bed at a different time, with different distractions/broken sleep etc. But I had the feeling that that the CBD:CBG was doing something to me on that level. In summary:

The CBD:CBG (for the short period I took it 4-5 days) produced the following results:

- less anxiety
      - perhaps more fatigue
      - unsure about effect on tinnitus

But this does not mean much, considering the short period of time I tried it.

Does anyone know whether CBD or CBG can make you more tired? I have read that it can make you feel ore awake but that it is not certain whether this is because one sleeps better. It's a little confusing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think since the CBG:CBD combination reduced my general anxiety, it made me more relaxed (until the tinnitus went haywire).

Having a lot of inflammation, I’m always fatigued, so not a great judge of any real change yet.

27. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hopefully the CBG alone will have the same positive effect on the anxiety. I am guessing you noticed no difference fatigue-wise with the CBG:CBD? Hopefully you'll see something positive on that front too.

I'm off to bed. Good luck

• Like Like x 1
    28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Uklawyer, yes; I did feel a bit tired so I did go to bed earlier & I slept in an extra hour for the 2nd time since starting the CBG. It was a quiet & rather lazy weekend, so hard to gauge it. Also, my body seems slow to adjust to anything new I consume including supplements & medications. So not sure yet.

Just getting up this Monday morning. I have a busy day ahead & will be testing out both my joint pain & normal fatigue. So far the tinnitus seems a little bit softer.

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      3rd day update on CBG alone: Usually my am wake up tinnitus is exceptionally loud & piercing & lasts 1-3 hours. This am after an 8 hour sleep (my average is 6 - 6 1/2 hours) my tinnitus was slightly muted AND lasted only about 45 minutes before it settled to a 7/10. For the last 2 hours, the volume & pitch is medium and tolerable.

My 24-7 tinnitus is usually severe. It’s mostly freight train sound when it’s at its roaring lower pitch & army helicopter whine when it’s at its higher pitch. Right now I can ignore it for the most part. That’s different.

I’ve done my morning chores and don’t feel fatigued. I’m now off to 2 appointments and some quick errands. I usually collapse in bed when I get back home after such a busy day.

Fingers crossed!

• Funny Funny x 1
    30. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fingers still crossed!

Do you think it would be a good idea to take a daily note of how well you sleep and/or your perception of volume and how light it is? Don't want to give you homework, but really am curious about progression - and how you fare vs the CBG:CBD mix.