CBG:CBD Cannabinoid Tincture — It's Helping My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Quiet please, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Quiet please
      Balanced

Quiet please Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cochlear Endolymphatic Hydrops/Hearing loss
      It’s only been 8 days, but I had to share this with my fellow tinnitus sufferers.

I’ve been taking subliminally Lazarus Naturals Full Spectrum CBG:CBD tincture. The bottle contains 1500 mg each of the CBG:CBD Cannabinoid in MCT oil. So far, I’m taking 10 mg 4x day.

TRUTH! It is most definitely helping to soften my severe 24/7 tinnitus.

I initially started taking it for a chronic long-term inflammatory condition that affects many parts of my body, including my joints and head. The pain and swelling is quite severe at times. I also have CEH; Cochlear Endolymphatic Hydrops. Tinnitus is a symptom of CEH.

I’ve taken CBD oil in the past, and although it has helped with sleep and somewhat with pain, it never helped my tinnitus. So I firmly 100% believe it’s the CBG that’s doing the job.

If you research CBG, it touts many benefits. Do I believe all of the claims?

For the most part; yes. In my case it’s helping tremendously not only with the tinnitus, but with the joint pain, headaches, inflammation, edema and mood. My mood this last 3 years has been mostly depressed, anxious and sad.

I feel better. By the 2nd day, I felt better. My family has noticed and are overjoyed. Apparently I’ve been a grouch and didn’t realize or didn’t care. I can see clearer now. I can’t blame it on the pandemic any longer.

I always believed my tinnitus was tied into my inflammation. But ALL prescribed and OTC medications I tried aggravated my Tinnitus and the spikes were awful and very debilitating.

I hope you try it. Can’t wait to hear what others say.

• Like Like x 5
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication - antidepressants
      @Quiet please, this is great news. Thank you for introducing me to CBG - I had not heard of it before. It looks like it might be more effective with brain function than CBD.

Will you keep us updated with your progress? Fingers crossed for you!

• Like Like x 1
    3. XoutofstepX

XoutofstepX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma from loud concerts.
      Nice! I have been taking Lazarus Naturals' Full Spectrum CBD. It has been helping me sleep better, but has had no effect on my tinnitus. I just bought another bottle, but it sounds like I need to try this CBG.

How fast do you go through a bottle?

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Uklawyer, yes! I most definitely will keep everyone posted.

I’m having a good day so far in New York. The tinnitus is still subdued @ 4/10 whereas my usual average is 7-8/10. Huge difference. My head (brain??) is calmer with no anxiety or sad thoughts. This has been a very real problem for me; I was very afraid I might start having suicidal thoughts. My body pains are very low where my inflammatory disease usually prevents much relief.

These are very real results. I hope it lasts and gets better. I’m “almost” happy. Lol.

Try it!

• Winner Winner x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @XoutofstepX, I was taking the Lazarus CBD oil as well; their full spectrum RSO formula. It really helped with sleep, for which I’m very grateful.

My son researched and mentioned the CBG. What?? Never heard of it. Now that’s a shame. They should be touting this from the rooftops! I’m sure it doesn’t help everyone, but personally, I think everyone with any type of inflammation medical condition should give it a shot. I have absolutely no side effects & frankly it seems I get side effects from every medication I’ve tried. Also from many herbal supplements.

So... I bought the 60 ml bottle. I’m using on average .25 ml dosage @ 4 x per day. So one bottle should last 60 days or so. It’s all new to me so I’m guesstimating. But for now, this dosage is doing the job. Try it!

• Like Like x 2
    6. DaveFromChicago

DaveFromChicago Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      To Quiet please:

I just purchased a bottle; I will follow your instructions and report back.

• Like Like x 2
    7. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      CBG is the new CBD... lots of people making claims that are unsubstantiated. I believe it can help some conditions and hopefully it continues to help yours. Two different people have told me that CBG is the actual healing compound and not CBD and they are both very well versed in marijuana as a pharmaceutical. I hope CBG's anti-inflammatory properties will help with yours and everyone else's condition.
      This wasn't RSO. They call it that for marketing purpose and to get in on the buzz but RSO is super high in THC not CBD. A dap the amount of a sesame seed can knock you on your arse.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Diesel

Diesel Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1-2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      20+ Years of Live Music, Motorcycles, and Power Tools
      I've been doing the CBD + CBG tinctures before bed for about 6 months. It definitely helps me relax / sleep. Doesn't seem to have a notable effect on my tinnitus or hyperacusis as far as I can tell.

Usually more recently, I don't take it daily, but only when I need to chill.

• Useful Useful x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @DaveFromChicago, great! Hope it really helps you. All the very best. Let us know!

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi @Lukee, I’m not sure about people making unsubstantiated claims re CBG.

I can only attest to my specific situation. For many years, I have had a chronic inflammatory disease. These last 3 years, it’s gotten worse and more difficult to bear. CBG or maybe the formula combining both CBG with CBD is helping me. The quieting & smoothing out of the tinnitus was frankly an unexpected bonus.

Real RSO or not, it sends me off to sleep like nobodies business! Lol. The regular CBD did nothing for me. Again. Everyone’s different, so this may only be me in the entire world that responds positively. If it is... so be it. But, I felt compelled to share. I really hope some can benefit from my experience.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Diesel, sorry this is not working for you. I think it may be helping me due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It’s a really big issue for me. As you know, there are many different causes for tinnitus. I always felt mine was related to inflammation.

12. Chinmoku

Chinmoku Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Started with a cold, possibly worsened by medication/noise
      Interesting find. I'm happy it's helping.
      I need to improve my sleep which is down to a few hours due to debilitating tinnitus. I found this article analysing in detail the effect of CBD in tinnitus and hearing loss. It's hard for me to read under this torture but it looks like the study showed that CBD can worsen tinnitus in rats. This was my experience more than two years ago: CBD was helping me with sleep/anxiety but upon waking up the tinnitus was elevated. I wonder if CBG, which is a precursor, could help or spike my tinnitus again. It is much worse than it was 2 years ago so I'm hesitating.

• Like Like x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Chinmoku, yes, I can see that being a real concern & I would be hesitant as well.The formula I use is a combination of CBG and CBD 1 to 1. Maybe some company has CBG alone? So far this combo is good for me, but you never know how these things will go. I just love being a guinea pig in my own life. Lol,

All the best!

14. Chinmoku

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      CBG is quite potent and a precursor, so I suspect it could have the same issues as CBD. However, your case is encouraging and perhaps we could try CBG. The paper above seems to say that CBD helps with CB2 receptors (inflammation) but could worsen tinnitus on CB1 receptors. The point seems to be, as you said previously, that CBG might help more inflammation cases. May I ask you if you have ever been helped by steroids? If steroids didn't help you (they don't seem to help me) but CBG helps you it's interesting, because it would point to a type of inflammation that is not helped by steroids but is helped by CBG.

I have found CBG UK vendors with good reviews, might try low doses, as I really can't take any worsening.

• Like Like x 1
    15. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Chinmoku was the CBD you tried THC free?

• Like Like x 2
    16. Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think you know my stance on neuro-inflammation. The steroids might not affect neuro inflammation while CBG might be able to (I believe it does, I don't know much about it though).

If you believe that your issue is neuro inflammation, then there are other options as well to look at.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    17. Chinmoku

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, THC is known to spike tinnitus very often. I had so much hope and it worked on anxiety and sleep. It would be a great resource for anxiety and insomnia in tinnitus-free people.

• Like Like x 1
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Chinmoku, I’ve only had steroid treatment two times. The 1st time was a 7-day oral Prednisone when I had deviated septum surgery. It did actually help my tinnitus. I of course asked the ENT and subsequently other doctors if they would prescribe me low dose steroid treatment and all of them refused. ☹️

The 2nd time was when I had sudden sensorineural hearing loss (SSHL) where I lost 90% of hearing in my left ear. I received a 3-day course of steroid injections and regained 60% of my hearing back. But unfortunately I don’t think it helped much with the tinnitus. Although I can’t remember 100% because I was freaking out about my hearing loss. It’s kind of a blur to be honest.

Chinmoku, kindly remember, I feel the CBG has helped most with my inflammation with a general softening of the tinnitus. It’s clearly still there, but just not as horrible as usual. I don’t want you to have a spike or a false sense that the tinnitus will go away. Of course I hope that it does, but let’s be honest; it’s probably not going to happen. I’ll take the softening for now though. Just hope it continues.

• Like Like x 1
    19. Diesel

Diesel Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1-2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      20+ Years of Live Music, Motorcycles, and Power Tools
      No need for the apologies. Not making tinnitus any louder/more distraction but helping me relax is fine by me. If anything, I'm relaxed enough from a quick tincture of CBD/CBG to "Not care about the tinnitus"; which is good enough.

• Like Like x 2
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    21. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-2019 (Mild, Cured) 8/2020 (Severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus / Microsuction / Acoustic Trauma
      I know what you mean, like spread out/diluted rather than concentrated and piercing.

• Like Like x 1
    22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @GBB, yes! Not gone by any means. It’s also still spiking, just not so violently.

23. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      What's the improvement on the 1-10 scale @Quiet please?

Is improvement increasing/plateuing/decreasing?

• Like Like x 1
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Uklawyer, everything regarding my tinnitus is status quo. It’s calmer and lower pitched. Still firmly there, but tolerable.

My greater improvement is my joint pains and leg/ankle swelling. The pain has gone from an 8/9 to about a 2. The edema is slowly draining. I continue to feel this is due to the anti-inflammatory claims of the CBG. Prescription, over the counter and herbal diuretics have never worked for me.

I’ll report back with any change; good or bad.

• Like Like x 1
    25. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Quiet please, that's really positive. Helping with inflammation then? And the intrusiveness of the tinnitus is down then? Couple of points? Give me something here :)

• Like Like x 1
    26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Uklawyer, the emphasis is definitely on the reduction in my inflammation. It’s why I originally started using CBG. It definitely is helping me with that. My joint pain is so way down, it’s almost gone. Also, my anxiety is much less and my general mood is better.

The tinnitus being smoothed out was an unexpected bonus. It’s still firmly with me 24-7, but a bit quieter.

My gut feeling is because my pain, anxiety and mood are relieved & improved (without horrible meds and their side effects), my tinnitus is not being aggravated by my usual stress levels. Thoughts?

27. Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think your results could be multi-factorial. As you already mentioned, your inflammation and anxiety has decreased which, in itself, should help your tinnitus. CBG and CBD are speculated to reduce neuroinflammation as seen in this article.

Glad something is working for you and keep us updated.

• Like Like x 1
    28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Lukee, yes, I will keep posting. I’m just hoping someone else can confirm some positive results from using the CBG:CBD combination tincture.

Frankly the attached article was in the “it’s way over my head” territory! Lol. But I got the gist of it.

Interesting that I tried CBD alone many times and it never helped much of anything except helping me fall sleep. I’ve always appreciated that, but the combination of the CBG WITH the CBD is making a difference for sure. Not sure I’m dosing correctly, but if it’s not broken; I guess I shouldn’t try to fix it.

• Like Like x 1
    29. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Quiet please, it may well all be connected. If inflammation is reduced, that, in itself, might have some connection with the tinnitus (if inflammation plays a part). Further, a more sensitive limbic system will pick up on the tinnitus more (as I understand it) and so contribute to the tinnitus feeling more prominent. So less anxiety can mean "lighter tinnitus" - and less overall stress in the body may also play a role somewhere in the brain that registers the noise.

But maybe, the action on the cannabinoid receptors is genuinely doing something to the signals sent to the auditory cortex.

Whatever the reason, I would strongly suggest that you go with it, fully focus on the benefits you are getting and stay positive - believe in these changes and see where it takes you.

And let us know too!

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Uklawyer, yes! Tinnitus lite; that’s what I have (for now)! Lol.

Not 100% sure I have inflammation induced/related tinnitus. But I sure suspect I do. My “official” diagnosis is Cochlear Endolymphatic Hydrops. Tinnitus is a major symptom, along with hearing loss and ear fullness. BTW, the ear fullness has also subsided with the CBG intake. No change in hearing.

This anti-inflammation response may in fact be why the tinnitus been better these last 2 weeks when nothing has made it significantly better for more a few days these past 11 years & 3 months. We’ll see.