CBT Pre-Meeting... WTF

Discussion in 'Support' started by Scott T, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Scott T
      Alone

Scott T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal?
      So, I had my first pre meeting with a director of training for a CBT institute. And after sitting for an hour with this person I felt worse about myself, my life and my T. As soon as I walked in she asked why I was there and I explained that I went to have my ears cleaned and the micro-suction made my T worse and now I am trying anything to survive the next day of my life. Her response was I had pulsating T which is worse. Off the bat I am like go F***yourself. You dont know how it is with me. The meeting proceeded on and we talked and she blatantly told me that acoustic trauma does not cause T. I have an imbalance in my life and brain and that good thoughts cure all and bad thoughts make things worse. And on top of everything she said that my weight and diet was a contributing factor to this and by exercising and going on a no sugar diet I will get better. I thought this program was for support and to help you cope with your T or any other stressors you might have not a F'ing life coach. And here is one of my favorite lines. I told her that I was doing well before all of this happened and she said that I was not.

I also saw my ENT the day before and he said that with acoustic trauma it can take a little while to return to baseline but he has hope.

So that past hope has gone out the window and I have been lectured about my weight and my "balance" as the cause of this.

2. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Hi Scott,
      WTF is right!
      You described this as a pre meeting with the director, so I hope this is not the therapist you will be working with. My therapist was the only doctor who seemed to sort of understand what I was dealing with. If this meeting was an indication of how you will be treated at this institute then I would seek out another clinic.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Scott T
      Alone

Scott T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal?
      This is group therapy. Don't understand any of this. Just need this c***sucker to go to baseline so I can cope

4. annabel16

annabel16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Hi Scott, the director of training sounds like she needs a lot more training! I sorry you had to listen to her distorted and uninformed view of T. She's an ass.

Hope you get back to baseline, or even better, soon. Your ENT is right, it certainly can happen and there is no reason to believe it won't.

5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Scott,
      Sorry to hear your meeting did not go well and the last thing you want is to be put down by someone making you feel worse.
      Let's hope the main person you are seeing is someone different and caring.
      Wish I had qualifications be a counsilor as love helping and supporting people with tinnitus,Menieres and Mental illness like depression and anxiety and love running a tinnitus group with another lady.
      My main goal on top is to become a Samaritan when I can.

The counceling work on getting down to your raw emotions and building you back up but don't let anyone put you down about the person you are as we are all equally important ......lots of love glynis