Chit Chat and All That...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jcb, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      head trama caused TMJ/neck problems/ETD
      @Labyrinthine Oh! Sorry for such a late reply! Glad things are better and you can go outside now!! :rockingbanana: And able to enjoy music! :cool:

Oh, I feel you on the inactivity. I had some back and neck injuries and I was inactive. It didn't feel that long, but the saying "use it or lose it" really applies. *sighs* Trying to get back in shape again, but I picked up my 60 lb nephew and swung him around without thinking! Did it for quite awhile. We'll see if I pay for that later. I did discover to listen to myself about recovery. My physical therapist gave me exercises that threw me over the edge and destroyed me.:blackeye: He was worried about the yoga hurting me. Lesson learned. Yoga always saves my ass and I should not have doubted it. :cautious:

Been practicing Mindfulness and Meditation and it has been such a huge help! :) Started reading again and enjoying it. :bookworm: I'm on a fantasy elf theme right now!!

How's your art been going?

@aot Shivers. :depressed: I hate dentists, but root canals scare me!! Never had one. Never want one!

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jcb
      No Mood

Jcb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible TMJ, came on after severe cold and chest infection,
      Quick login to say hello and all that. My life is still an absolute sh#t show but I hope you are all doing a bit better?

• Hug Hug x 7
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Elmer B Fuddled

Elmer B Fuddled Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      plugged nasal eustachian tube
      @Jcb, jump on the s$it train, we can ride it together to hell and beyond. Mine went from mild to high screaming hiss and it has been a week of not being able to ignore it.

Elmer

• Hug Hug x 8
      • Useful Useful x 1
    4. Labyrinthine
      Moonlighting

Labyrinthine Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      I see that my tags have not been coming through lately. Sorry for the late reply :dohanimation:. Yoga is a great way to stay in shape---why in the world would he be worried about it o_O?

I've been practicing all sorts of meditation over the years and I can safely say it's been of great help as well. Sometimes it even makes me forget the chronic pain :D.

As for the art, well... I wouldn't really call it art (yet), but I started drawing faces a few months ago. Currently, I'm focusing on facial features (nose, lips, hair). Not as easy as it looks like...
      Come back to us Jcb. We feel lost without you!!!

• Like Like x 5
    5. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      The King is back.

Sorry to hear that life is still shit for you. You don't deserve it at all, and you have always been helpful and funny on here.

I feel there should be a special badge for you, like BFL or something: bonafide fucking legend. You know, let people know that they are in the presence of awesomeness.

Keep rocking my friend, and don't let the noise drag you down. When you're having a bad day, look at yourself in the mirror and say, "fuck it, I'm a BFL, and I'm gonna rock the shit out of today."

(Sorry for the language :woot:)

• Like Like x 3
    6. Christiaan
      Inspired

Christiaan Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2016: headphones, 2020: worsened thanks to Rammstein
      FB_IMG_1617571105762.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    7. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Jcb, good to hear from you again! Sorry to hear it's not going good though. :huganimation:

@Labyrinthine, I don't know why he was worried. And apparently I shouldn't have listened. Because I'm feeling way better without the physical therapy from them. Thank god. I was in so much pain. It ticks me off.

Wow, I'm glad it works for pain. I've been lazy and not doing mediation as much. I keep saying reading is my mediation now that I'm reading more. But I know I should start up again.

Faces are so hard. I hate noses. Just because my art teacher was so picky about them. Ha-ha. Eyes and lips were always my favorite. I know I did way too much detail on lips.

@Elmer B Fuddled, sorry to hear things are getting more stressful. I hope your wife is feeling better.

• Like Like x 2
    8. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      My turn to check in with you guys. Too much going on right now but Im hanging in there.

Super sad because a car hit my beloved goose "Louie," and killed him. :arghh: He was the best. "(

Louie.jpg

He would come every morning and knock on my kitchen door looking for food. :(
      Louie2.jpg

• Hug Hug x 12
      • Like Like x 1
    9. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @OnceUponaTime

I feel badly about what happened to Louie. He certainly was a beautiful animal.

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    10. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Thank you, Jim. I loved him. He sure was a sweet goose and best "security dog" I've had... haha.

The Fedx and UPS guys learned quickly to bring snacks for him... lol.

tenor (7).gif

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    11. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ah. Poor Louie! I'm so sorry @OnceUponaTime.

It's good to hear from you, but not about poor Louie. :huganimation:

How have things been otherwise?

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Thanx, Shera.

Been super busy the past months.

Actually, I was thinking about you yesterday! Haha. I've had an abundance of eggs lately and can't eat them fast enough. :eek: :D So, today, I am going to preserve them in hydrated lime. Hopefully they'll last me 9 to 12 months not refrigerated. Have you tried this before?

IMG_7794.JPG

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    13. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ah! Thanks for thinking of me.

When I get excess eggs, I make an egg bake. It's a simple quiche basically.

You're ambitious though! That sounds so yummy.

I have tons of eggs right now as I got 3 new hens!!! Egg bake time!

• Like Like x 1
    14. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Ohh, I love quiche!
      What kind did you get?

I am down to 1 rooster after I had 4 (that evil fox) and 7 chickens.

15. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @OnceUponaTime, I love quiche too!

All silkies. I"m sticking to my adorable fluffs. I'll have to upload some pictures. I got a beautiful splash hen and a white silkie. Then a SMOOTH white silkie. I kind of forgot how much I love to pet smooth feathers. And an Italian silkie rooster! One of my babies is clearly a rooster and he's gone as soon as I find him a home. I think the other baby is a girl. Phew. I want a whole bunch of white and splash chickens. So my dark roosters had to go. I'm so blessed people were selling young silkie hens. The prices for baby silkies are outrageous and I just couldn't stand raising them just to get more roosters. :meh:

The new rooster is Dorain and he's such a gentleman. He thinks I'm a competing rooster, but he still lets me tote him around and pet-pet him. :ROFL:

• Like Like x 1
    16. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      How is everyone else been doing?

• Hug Hug x 1
    17. kuromi
      Cheerful

kuromi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      16/11/20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      outer ear infection
      First time posting in this thread but I figured I'd give it a shot. I'm back in university dorms for a short period of time and I've been noticing how much better my tinnitus has become since my onset 6 months ago. It's super minimal and I don't think about it much anymore. I can't even hear it outside anymore.

I'm doing well, just hoping the future is as promising.

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    18. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That's wonderful! I'm so glad to read that. :huganimation:

Don't be a stranger and feel free to post!

May I ask what anime your avatar is from?

19. kuromi
      Cheerful

kuromi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      16/11/20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      outer ear infection
      Hey! Sorry for replying so late haha. My avatar is Narumi Momose from Wotakoi!

Are you a fan of anime as well?

• Like Like x 1
    20. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes I am an anime fan, though I'm not as up to date as I used to be.

I like the sound of Wotakoi. These kind of slice of life anime are always so fun!

• Agree Agree x 1
    21. kuromi
      Cheerful

kuromi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      16/11/20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      outer ear infection
      Wotakoi is a lovely anime. It's one of my favourites and I'm sure you'd love it!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    22. T-Spike

T-Spike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise
      Tonight, I just said "f*ck it" and listened to music for the first time through a headset since the onset of my tinnitus. I didn't blast that high, and a lot of the songs I listened to did mask my tinnitus. Johnny Cash, Elvis, Toto, Beatles, Queen and more.
      It felt sooo goood. A lot of will of life came back.

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    23. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @kuromi, great! Sorry for the late reply. I've been in the running for a position as a librarian so my life as been consumed by it.

What are some of your other favorite anime?

@T-Spike, it's unpopular here, but I have used headphones since my tinnitus. I did switch from earbuds to headphones. I do practice what I like to call "safe headphone use" and I've never had an issue. Those artists listed are some of my faves too. I love The Beatles on headphones. And there's something about Johnny Cash that sounds great that way too.

I also realize my tinnitus was not noise-induced.

24. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So as mentioned above I've been vying for a librarian position in my local library!

Well I got it! :rockingbanana: I had my first day of training and it was bliss. :X3: Apparently none of them like shelving the books, and I am all for it. (Shouldn't all librarians' guilty pleasure be shelving books? Am I just a weird bookworm?? :cautious: I reorganize my bookshelves or clean them just to experience the magic of shelving books. :cat:)

Anywho, hope everyone else is doing well.

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    25. kuromi
      Cheerful

kuromi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      16/11/20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      outer ear infection
      Hm. Favourites are always difficult for me, but if I had to make an ultimate list I'd definitely say my favourites are:

Cardcaptor Sakura, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Demon Slayer, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Chobits!

Congratulations on getting the librarian role. I recently studied in a library for a few hours since the onset of my tinnitus and I'm pleased to report my tinnitus is so quiet even in the library that I can barely hear it. Other than that, I've been doing really well, my tinnitus has been minimal and I can honestly say I'm not paying as much attention to it anymore.

My tinnitus isn't noise induced either (it started with an ear infection.) but I'm still petrified about using headphones at all haha, even though I really am tempted sometimes.

• Winner Winner x 1
    26. T-Spike

T-Spike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise
      I used to watch anime as well, not so much nowadays.

I watched Naruto for 13-14 years. I've been watching FMA Brotherhood (my favorite by far), Bleach (lost interest after episode 120 or something), Death Note, Demon Slayer, Black Clover, Goblin Slayer and Shield Hero. Dropped pretty much everything since my tinnitus onset, I don't have the patience to watch anymore.

I've been tempted to watch Cowboy Bebop, but it's impossible to find on any streaming service in my country.

• Like Like x 1
    27. kuromi
      Cheerful

kuromi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      16/11/20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      outer ear infection
      Personally I use 9anime.to as my go-to website for watching anime. It has high-quality resolutions for free and no ads, I'd really recommend it if you ever feel like you want to get back into watching anime. FMA Brotherhood was an incredibly influential anime in my childhood, and I still have fond memories from when I first watched it.

It's difficult to feel like watching anything with tinnitus, but you'll get there at some point. Stay strong.

• Hug Hug x 1
    28. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neon Genesis Evangelion is one I need to rewatch. It's been ages. Ah, I'm starting to feel my age. Full Metal Alchemist still holds a warm place in my heart since I watched that first as it released, Brotherhood is magic.

Guess my favorites are Slayers, Samurai Champloo, Fruits Basket (both versions), Inuyasha (more since it was the anime that sucked me in as a crazy fan), both versions of FMA, Simoun, Twelve Kingdoms, Saiunkoku Monogatari (AKA The Story of Saiunkoku) and too many others.

Ah, I'm so jealous and happy for you! My tinnitus is way loud in the library. But finally after going into year five of this I think I'm habituating to my tinnitus better. It doesn't hurt that it's calmed down in some aspects.

@T-Spike, I watched Naruto for a while until that huge break. I've been trying to rewatch it so I can get into Naruto: Shippuden. Same with Bleach! I loved it at first and the filler is such a shame. I keep wanting to watch the stuff I missed, but those fillers.

I own Cowboy Bebop on DVD. It's an unpopular opinion but I don't like it... I actually made it through Trigun over Cowboy Bebop.

And I hear you on the concentration thing. Anime actually helped about a year into my severe tinnitus in getting me focus back. Attack of Titans anyone? Ha-ha. It can be so hard to focus. I know I'm going through a weird spell. I went from being unable to focus, got it back, and now I'm in a weird concentration place. I've been forcing myself to read, watch stuff, and it's getting better.

29. Vassili
      Dreaming

Vassili Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      My first (and also last) anime was Flying Phantom Ship (1969). I watched it as a kid. But I do know that there's Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z. Not a fan actually, but I've tried. :p

30. Ava Lugo
      Irritated

Ava Lugo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus
      I read that you have reactive tinnitus, so it doesn't react to music at all? If so, then you're very extremely fortunate...