Chit Chat and All That...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jcb, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Bloody hell!

I turn my back for five minutes and you’re all talking sex!

I bloody-well missed it!
      —————————————-
      Regarding your film idea @Steph1710 - as you know my film maker and I made an awareness film called “Dave’s Tinnitus Story.” It is up on YouTube for all to see.

I could not donate it to Tinnitus Talk because it was made on his time, at his expense, and was consequently his intellectual copyright to protect.

However, if you wanted a contribution from me I could get one done, and donate it to the cause.

I am not gagging to be ‘a star of stage and screen’ again, but will offer it if you need me.

Dave
      Jazzer
      xx

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Steph1710
      Old hag

Steph1710 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      Right guys! One time I was invited to a private fetish club. It was a bit weird to be perfectly honest. You could watch people having group sex through tiny windows, and there was also a guy attached to a cross being prodded and poked in all sorts of places. Anyway, I dressed up for the occasion.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 5
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Steph1710
      Old hag

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      Never too late to jump on the bandwagon, so to speak. ;)
      I've seen it twice and cried twice to it Dave. It gave me great comfort when I first developed tinnitus, to hear someone else explaining what it is, and to know that someone else out there knew what I was experiencing.
      Well, let's definitely do this one for Tinnitus Talk! :)
      Whilst I was washing up earlier, I was thinking that I needed to ask you to see if you would like to contribute to my project. So I am over the moon that you have messaged and said you want to be involved. I honestly think we could all make something awesome together! Something that really would be of great use to the Tinnitus Talk community.

All my love,
      Steph x x x x

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    4. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 resolved, 4/20 L ear, increase 2/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Anyone who says a “bloody hell” is all right with me. One of my favorite British sayings.

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      I’m in if you’re coming to Boston.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    6. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Two weeks now. I live in a three-story home. Getting up the stairs is a bitch.

• Hug Hug x 2
    7. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      My favorite thing! Diagnosing people.

8. Exit

Exit Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      My God you just turned me straight again! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    9. aot
      Depressed

aot Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016. Worsened 11/2019.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise induced, worsened due to noise exposur + flu
      Steph, I'm already preparing for my close up. :p Count me in!

• Like Like x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    10. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      “How Perfectly Splendid Steph !!!”

• Funny Funny x 1
    11. Elmer B Fuddled

Elmer B Fuddled Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      plugged nasal eustachian tube
      I apologise for asking after all this very strange behaviour. I don't think diagnosing this fooking lot of brain damaged folks will be of any use. A waste of time, sexually deprived, tinnitus sufferers all beyond your loving help.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    12. Elmer B Fuddled

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Jazzer, my brother how are you? I think of you often and the wife asks occasionally how's your friend.

Stay safe and put on a grin.

Elmer

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    13. Steph1710
      Old hag

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      Hey Gorgeous Lady!

I meant to message back about all my broken bones, when you asked how I injured myself.

When I was 13, I used to play football after school everyday. One day I stood in a pothole in the grass, and turned my ankle so badly that I broke it, tore the ligaments, damaged the tendon, and fractured the front. Anyway, I was on crutches for weeks and weeks. Then a couple of months after I was off crutches and out of my weird ankle casting, I decided to do the bleep test (stamina test) at school in P.E. I was one of the last people still going, and then suddenly - oops! I fell on my ankle and damaged the whole lot exactly the same, all over again! So back to the hospital and back to crutches and loads of physiotherapy for months.

Okay, so my knee. I was travelling through Europe, and my ex boyfriend at the time forced me to go on a scooter. I am only just 5 foot 1 and had never ridden a scooter. My feet didn’t touch the ground when I was on the seat, and I didn’t feel comfortable riding one. Unfortunately, the ex was a complete bully (I was actually quite shy when I was younger) and I let him force me into riding it, when I said I really didn’t want to. So, we’re going along, and he starts beeping his horn at me like mad, telling me to pull over. So, not knowing anything about scooters and breaks, I hit the front break and skidded on some gravel, and went flying over the handle bars! Anyway, when I hit the ground, my left knee took the full impact - it made me feel sick. The ex quickly stopped and ran over. It turned out he was beeping me because he thought he had ran out of fuel... but he hadn’t. :bored: Anyway, I was taken by a very kind man to the nearest hospital and they told me that I had broken my left leg and my left knee. Great!

The other leg. A few years later, I was sitting there on the doorstep, smoking a dirty cigarette, when I noticed a lump on my right. The lump initially didn’t hurt but I thought it was odd. Anyway, fast forward a few months and this lump was becoming pretty damn painful, so I went to the doctors. As I live in England, and we have a crazy shit healthcare system called the NHS (which some old people still think is awesome for some unknown, wartime reason), the doctor said it was just a swollen tendon and to take some anti-inflammatories. So I did as he said. Anyway, the lump wasn’t getting any better - right this is a long story. Hold tight!

(Quick Rant)
      *This is England, and if you need any medical care, like scans or operations, you need to wait at least 3 years, and still then, nothing might ever be done. But don’t worry! We are grateful! Because it’s free! Aren’t we lucky!*

So, I go back and forth to the doctors and the hospital for FIVE YEARS, trying to convince them that there is something wrong with my knee, because I am in my mid-20s, and even walking was becoming incredibly painful.

Right, I will now highlight how unbelievably incompetent our healthcare system is. So, after a few years of asking for a scan, just so they can check the lump on my knee, they finally gave me an x-ray. They x-rayed the knee flat, and because of this, the x-ray didn’t show anything. So, they said it was nothing, and just to get on with it blah blah blah. It was still really painful, so I go back a year or so later and see a different doctor. She said, why did they x-ray it flat when you could only see the lump when the knee is in the bent position? So, she sends me off to have it x-rayed again. When I finally go to have it x-rayed, the person doing it had an actual argument with me because they said I should have it x-rayed flat, and there is no need to have it done bent. Anyway, I threw an absolute shit storm and they did it my way, and low and behold, it showed there was an issue!

Right, so I wait about another year to have an MRI done because now they have acknowledged there is something going on. So, I finally go to have an MRI on my knee and the nurse tells me it’s my left leg they need to scan. I said, it’s the right leg. They said, it’s your left leg, it’s written down here. I said, clearly you’ve made a fucking mistake because I’m telling you it’s the right leg! I said well how can I get you to scan the right leg. They said I would have to go back to the doctor, and get a new referral which would take about another 6 months to a year. I ended up losing my fucking shit with them and actually frogmarched them to a phone, to call my doctor to confirm that they were trying to scan the wrong leg!!

Anyway, they eventually did do the scan, and my knee was so bad, that they booked me into surgery within two weeks!!

It turned out, I must have had some sort of impact injury, as bits of my knee cap had become chipped away, and those chipped bits had lodged themselves in the tendon across the front on the knee cap, and were essentially pulling it apart. So, I had open knee surgery, and it was very, very painful.

Phew! Sorry for the massive reply! But yeah, that’s a few of my major injuries. And it was only three months ago that I fell out the back of my van and tore the ligaments in my foot. I still can’t fully weight bare on it yet. They said it would take a while.

And sorry for the NHS rant. I hate how glorified it is when most people my age and younger know that in fact, it’s a failing system.

Anyway, @Forever hopeful I would be so glad to have you on board for my tinnitus project. And, I’ve always wanted to go to Boston. :)

• Hug Hug x 2
    14. Elmer B Fuddled

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes she has also gone into hiding, avoiding all these twisted sex deprived individuals, you know who I'm talking about here. @Exit and his pal @Wrfortiscue saying they are straight then this photo pops up with two gays in leather. The hell ya thinking. Ya scared the young lady, disappeared into the night. @aura you should teach these two a good lesson, maybe turn that vibrator up to full capacity. Take some photos of them enjoying it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    15. Steph1710
      Old hag

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      The camera loves you baby! ;)

I am so excited to meet you!

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    16. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      ‘Give your missus a big kiss from me buddy... x

1E13D8EF-CFEF-427F-848D-19796F8B5969.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    17. Exit

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      WoW free healthcare! :) :) :)

And a lovely ex boyfriend too... :/

• Funny Funny x 1
    18. aura

aura Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Wow, what a story!

The health system in Romania is worse. I could talk on and on about this but I don't want to spoil my zen mood.

Well it's ok for me, as a doctor, because I can talk to some of my colleagues and solve the problem quickly. Not if the problem is cancer or something serious... In that case, you need lots of money and try to find the cure somewhere else...

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    19. aura

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      There are hospitals that still look like this in Romania...

Screenshot_20210730-154732~2.png

Screenshot_20210730-154732~2.png

Screenshot_20210730-154835~2.png

• Hug Hug x 3
    20. Tanni
      Devilish

Tanni Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ???
      I'm British, and 30.

Everyone in Britain knows it's a failing system, but the majority understand that this is because it is underfunded by a Tory government that wants it to fail.

The NHS has massive support in this country, particularly amongst the young and left wing, but not amongst people with far right views such as anti-immigration etc (who can be any age, but are typically older).

If people don't like the NHS, there is a private healthcare system they can use instead.

I would recommend the documentary 'Sicko' by Michael Moore if anyone is interested in learning more about free vs private healthcare.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    21. Exit

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
    22. Steph1710
      Old hag

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      I completely agree @Tanni. And in no way do I want a privatised system.

The collapse of the NHS is one of the saddest things to happen to our country. It is unfunded and understaffed. There is a lack care because certain groups would rather it not succeed for their own selfish gain.

It has gotten so bad, that people are being forced to use their life savings to pay for private healthcare because the NHS cannot provide for them. This is a now a major issue, especially so since COVID-19.

What once was the pride of Britain, is now a shadow of its former self.

I remember, a long time ago now when I was in college, writing a number of papers about the welfare system in Britain, and remembering how proud I was of our country for looking after its people.

Unfortunately, unless something drastically changes, then the NHS is gone - along with the ability to buy a house.

*hugs* from a fellow Lefty. X
      It’s more of a case that people are being forced to go private because the NHS won’t do anything to help. It’s not that people don’t like NHS. Of course the majority would rather it be free than have to pay.

• Hug Hug x 1
    23. Tanni
      Devilish

Tanni Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ???
      Awful.

Apparently, Romania (such a beautiful country, btw) has the EUs lowest spending on healthcare, and is also the lowest ranked on healthcare. Not a coincidence, obviously. And something I wish our government would take into account when they continually slash NHS spending.

It is worth it for governments to spend more on national healthcare. It's important. No individual person should be unable to access it.

That's why, for me, our NHS is worth fighting for.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    24. Steph1710
      Old hag

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      Ah so you’re in Romania. And you’re a doctor... interesting. Do you have a doctors uniform you have to wear? :sneaky:

Unfortunately, I have seen many bad hospitals on my travels. The hospital I went to in Greece was pretty similar to photos of the Romanian hospital you shared.

My Dad lives in Bulgaria, your neighbouring country, so I will come visit when I’m next allowed to Bulgaria. Whereabouts in Romania are you? I will google it and see how far you are from my dad’s house.

x

25. aura

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      • Like Like x 1
    26. aura

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I live in Constanţa. I would love to meet you in person one day! :)

27. aura

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I think it also has the lowest spending on education in the EU...

28. aura

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Or they could come private in Romania. It's cheaper and quicker :)

I have lots of patients from Europe in the summer time (usually August).

They come here on vacation and to resolve their medical issues.

All of them tell me that they usually have to wait at least 2-3 months for an appointment at home.

And people here are complaining that they have to wait too long when they have an emergency... :D

• Like Like x 2
    29. aura

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I think they are taken maybe 2-3 years ago?

But trust me, you can still find hospitals looking like this today.

I don't think you have seen something similar in Norway :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    30. aot
      Depressed

aot Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016. Worsened 11/2019.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise induced, worsened due to noise exposur + flu
      You're a doctor, @aura? Have your ears affected your job at all?

• Informative Informative x 2