Chit Chat and All That...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jcb, Jun 2, 2019.

1. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      H_E_L_P!

Just another year hanging those P.I.A. Christmas lights again....:whistle:

funny-christmas-picture-ladder.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Hopefully, that won’t be me :ROFL:

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      50EC7F0A-23B2-4EA1-983A-9414D33FE9D2.jpeg
      389120AA-A248-4B2E-8D6F-7A7F4F51FA80.png

• Like Like x 5
    4. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      FC249B4F-7336-4C0C-BF80-FFDA790BEC26.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    5. Star64
      Kick ass

Star64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      40c in Melbourne today and 18c predicted for tomorrow. Not sure what we can expect for Xmas lol....
      20191209_113445.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    6. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      B63BD5A7-1DEA-46F4-84DD-A183B8666964.gif

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    7. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Now that is hot! :wideyed:

Lovely photo, Star. (y)

• Like Like x 1
    8. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      What the heck, how does this work, I wonder? The dots actually do move with my breaths. ;)

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      It works if I blink as well. There’s obviously some somatic element to it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    10. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hello lovely people!

Just wanted to share with you that I was taking 1/2 of .5mg once a day of Clonazepan. (Klonopin) It was the generic form manufactured by Atavis (pink pill.) It worked well for me until another company bought them out and stopped production of the Clonazepan Atavis and I was given instead Clonazepan manufactured by Teva (yellow pill.) Well, my body didn't take it well. The inactive ingredients where not the same and I had some negative side effects. I started taking Klonopin and that stopped the negative side effects and now I am slowly tapering off.

I was very upset (VERY) that one company can by the other, change their compound and not tell the patients!!! I was doing so well until this happened and now frustration has kicked in again. Ughhhhhh. I will tapper off as I don't want anything like this to happened to me again. Not to mention that the generic form was costing me .63 cents and Klonopin brand is costing me $170. Back to toughing it up and flying solo.

I have also being busy with my parents. They are here with me and I am currently working on getting them their Power of Attorney and Living Wills prepared.... sigh.

Anyways, missed you all. Hope every one is doing ok. Big hug!!!!
      Once

• Hug Hug x 6
    11. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      tinnitus_gold_silver_awareness_ribbon_angel_pin-rf4622a7ebd1a4bc29b9aaf22c16480a8_k94rk_307.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    12. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      51996541_2146063115455243_4553284960101859328_n.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    13. Kain
      Disappointed

Kain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      excessive loud music through earbuds
      • Funny Funny x 2
    14. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Sorry to hear that OUaT. Why do the nicest people always seem to have no luck? You have a lot on your plate but I know that everyone here has your back so try to keep your chin up. Don’t forget, you’re a part of Markku’s Angels and I’m sure you’ll be called upon soon. We need those whip skills!!

74FE384F-BC0D-42ED-B2F4-EBCAB068756D.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
      • Friendly Friendly x 2
    15. Star64
      Kick ass

Star64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I have read so many posts from people over on BB that have had the same trouble as you with the Clonazepam manufactured by Teva, Some people have even switched to Valium to taper from for this reason alone.

Glad to hear that you have found that the Klonopin has stopped your negative side effects, I think you have made the right choice once, tapering from this drug may save you from lots more additional problems further down the track.

A slow taper is usually less problematic, so hopefully you are doing this.

Hope everything goes well for you :huganimation:

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    16. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Thank you Star. Yes, I'm tapering very slowly. I get a light headache some days and throbbing but Advil or Tylenol helps.

Dear Lord, I just realized how many misspells I have on that last post... bahahaha. :eek::ROFL:
      How come @Markku didn't fix them for me!? Ughhhhh lol

• Hug Hug x 2
    17. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hahaha, Markku's Angels!!!!!!! How can I forget!?

Oh, I have a lot on my plate right now, Ed. I am exhausted and trying to remain calm and not stress.
      I must confess, I sometimes get on my car and go for a quick ride by myself just to get away from it all. sigh....
      Silence (meaning no ringing) is precious. I often wonder if I'll ever get the pleasure to enjoy it again.

How are you doing?

• Hug Hug x 3
    18. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I’m so sorry to hear that, Once. You’re such a lovely giving person and you don’t deserve to go through all this. Stress can really wear us down and eat away at our soul; it’s not a nice feeling at all, so I understand you wanting to get away from it all. Remember to take baby steps and never look too far into the future. Try to live in the present moment. Sometimes our mind can wonder so much, and all we can think about is all the doom and gloom in our lives, especially when our state of mind isn’t right. I believe you’ll come through your troubles because you’re such a nice, positive, person. You emit a positive energy that has captivated everyone here at TT and brought smiles to many faces. I’ll always remember how you herded everyone into that thread to vote for Susan Shores research. They were good times. I really hope life looks after you moving forward.

As for myself, I’m not too great either. I’ve also got a lot on my plate, but it is what it is and I’m sure I’ll survive. I’m just going through a lot of health issues whilst trying to look after my family and to add further stress, both my parents are unwell and have been for some time. Sometimes the demands of what’s expected of us can exceed what we are capable of doing without causing ourselves physical exhaustion and mental stress. But like I’ve always said, life is a rollercoaster and we’ve got to expect times like these. We have to learn to switch ourselves off from the things that are out of our control and seek out more of those moments of greatness that just seem to rebalance things a little bit.

Big hug to you.

:huganimation:

• Hug Hug x 5
    19. astaff14

astaff14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earwax/Botched Irrigation/Noise Trauma
      Just wanted to check in and see how people are coping. With ear issues, or just in general, feel free to vent if anyone wants.

I personally am having a bad day, I smoked weed (only one hit, but it was too big and got me messed up) which caused a horrible spike that made me have a panic attack. After sleeping, the 7-8 crazy tones it brought on went away, but it’s still very loud and I’m quite sound sensitive.

I don’t think I can smoke weed again. Several blasting alarms in my ears... never ever want to experience that again.

• Hug Hug x 6
    20. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      Wishing you folks a great December and a better next year.
      Sending you love, hugs, and wishes for less suffering and more joy.
      From the other side of earth, you are well and truly in my heart.

Peace out
      Daniel

• Like Like x 5
      • Friendly Friendly x 3
      • Hug Hug x 2
    21. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      DDC4E51F-F7FD-4D2E-99BA-6D28716F478C.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    22. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      5953BF35-8430-4FBA-983B-0C4D10F05793.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    23. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hey guys,

So about 2 months ago I hurt my elbow twice the same week and I have been in pain ever since. This morning I woke up with excruciating pain and I couldn't even pick up my cup of coffee. I never went to the doctor because I know he will send me for an X-ray and I don't want to take any chances with loud machines. I'm so sick of tinnitus. I really am. How can a condition like this put us in situations like this where we don't even want to go to a doctor because we are afraid that the medications, treatments or tests will make tinnitus worst???

I'm sad today. Upset. I've been trying for so long to be of good cheer, positive...but darn it!!! Every time I turn a corner something else comes up with this darn tinnitus crap! Venting people....because no one else wants to hear me...ughhhh.

Since tinnitus is not killing us, who cares? Right? Ughhhh...Grrrrrrrr!!!!!! :mad::(:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh: Boo

• Hug Hug x 6
    24. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      52024217_2561342150547790_2556051663391555584_n.png

52313799_2753948154678033_3851987757819756544_n.png

• Like Like x 4
    25. Gman
      No Mood

Gman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic earwax drops, worsened by MDs (Muppet Doctors)
      Xray machines arent loud. They don't really make any noise. The ambient room noise is louder. You should just get one if you really need it. I had one with no ear pro and, at that stage, significant hyperacusis. No problems at all.
      I'd be more careful with pain meds. I won't even take them for a broken bone.

• Like Like x 3
    26. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      :huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation::huganimation:

You’re not alone, Once, I hear what you’re saying. I wish I could solve all your problems for you as you don’t deserve any of what you’re going through. Nobody here does. I hope you’re getting good support out there in the real world as it makes such a huge difference. Nothing can beat a real hug.

Take care of yourself over Christmas and don’t eat and drink too much like me!

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    27. Star64
      Kick ass

Star64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Go get your elbow looked at Once, even if you have to get an x-ray these are not noisy so you will be fine. Your right about tinnitus not killing us but it does make you feel dead inside sometimes which can feel just as bad.

I do hope you manage to have a good Xmas despite all you have going on, I am sure your girls will put a smile on your face.

Hope you feel better real soon.:huganimation:

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    28. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I echo this, @OnceUponaTime. I’ve had loads of X-rays and they are silent so there’s no need to worry. Get it looked at. We need that arm back to full strength so you can get cracking that whip again.

A030DE5E-C04E-498E-B458-039C2A13F6FC.gif

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    29. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Ed209 , @Star64 , @Gman

You guys are the best! Ed, you made me laugh with the whipping image.. LOL.

Thank you for your support and advice. I think I have to go have it checked because it is just too painful and I need my right hand working properly!!!! haha. It doesn't help that the temperature here is freezing! Ughhhh
      I really hope that the X-ray machine is not loud.

Of curse now I will have to wait til after Christmas.
      How is @Jcb and @emmalee doing??

Big hug to you all!

• Hug Hug x 1
    30. Star64
      Kick ass

Star64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      The x-ray is not loud Once, I doubt you will hear much at all. MRI, well that's a different story but ultrasounds and xrays are not a problem for your hearing. You need to get it checked, try not to over use it for now.

We are having a heat wave here, today it is 43c :( frosty would be a puddle in minutes ;)

• Like Like x 1