Clonazepam on Vacation. Any Risk?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Don Tinny, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Don Tinny

Don Tinny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2017 (worsening)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert with ear plugs
      Hi!

You know my tinnitus came back to a bad level after a second trauma 78 days ago. Super severe days are almost gone now, it fluctuates but I think it will never return to the point before the shitty Gene Simmons concert (with shitty Ear Peace HD earplugs). Im still living the good days / bad days pattern. Some days my T seems to be more "maskable" than others...

The question is... Can I take Clonazepam for a short vacation period? I'm talking about 3, 4...5 days on. No more.

What about the dosage? I don't want to change the natural evolution of Tinnitus.
      My doctor wants to put me 1 Clonazepam per day like candy. But I fear a worsening of symptoms if I take it everyday.

One day in November I tried 0.25 mg at bedtime and the next day was "good". Maybe was a placebo effect or just coincidence. It's a very small dose, I know.

Sorry about poor english.

Don Tinny.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      This needs your doctors advice whats best for you and im sure he can answer your question.
      Love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Don Tinny

Don Tinny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2017 (worsening)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      But sadly doctors dont know too much about T. An ENT years ago told me earplugs are really safe. And here I am...

4. lillejulie
      Panicky

lillejulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      25/10- out of the blue, maybe stress, 31/10 night club
      Had an acoustic trauma on a nightclub the same time as you. The first two weeks it was loud!! 10/10!!

Now its 7/10 some days better than others, But mostly loud! Still hoping it will fade over time because its only been two months. My sound Also changes all the time from left to right ear to mid head, to high-pitch to hum, it changes literally all the time..

5. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      .25 mg Clonazepam is not "a very small dose", it's equal to many more Diazepam (Valium). Clonazepam is meant for "occasional" use, and five days in a row is too much. It can kill the anxiety from T, in some cases even the symptoms, temporarily, but at a high risk of addiction. Don't trust your doctor, they overprescribed it to me, also, and now I'm paying the price. Go to benzobuddies.com, for the truth, and expert opinions.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Don Tinny

Don Tinny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2017 (worsening)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks. I take your advice. Seems like we cant try drugs for T. There is always a risk :(

7. Tinniger

Tinniger Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uncertain, now very somatic, started with noise?
      0.25mg Clonazepam is about 5mg Diazepam. Half life is 18-50 hours.
      Benzos have a risk of addiction.
      Regular use is not recommended.

8. vermillion
      Whistles

vermillion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      in which way?

9. vermillion
      Whistles

vermillion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      .25 mg Clonazepam=3.8mg diazepam. It's not that much. I mean for occasional use of course. Is it? I am flirting with popping a pill now...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    10. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I took it about 28 times over the last few months of 2017, and ended up with a dependence. I weaned down to nothing and the withdrawal symptoms get worse after a week or so of not taking it. I'm glad I stopped now, as withdrawal from long term use is worse than it is from an addiction to very strong narcotics. It's dangerous, that is for certain.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Don Tinny

Don Tinny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2017 (worsening)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hope you improve. Mine is a second bout. The first lasted more than 2 years. :S

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Don Tinny

Don Tinny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2017 (worsening)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Did the withdrawal affect your T?

Thanks

13. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Can't really say, but the T constant now. My withdrawal should get easier in a week or so.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    14. blissaliss
      Swamped

blissaliss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic drugs/ maximum stressful job
      Clonazepam was the only thing that stopped me from going insane! I suffered for a month with screeching loud T before I tried it. 1 mg twice a day for the first week. I then easily reduced to 1mg a day for last 4 months. T has remained as a 1-2. I researched online and found pharma gabba, large amounts of niacin, and vit c help to wean down clonzepam. It really did.
      I'm stuck at 1 mg, but recently had a huge surgery that increased my T from pain meds... once again T increased but after I stopped the meds and went back to vitamins and stuck with clonzepam my T went down fast.
      After recovery I will once again move forward to wean off.
      I take 500mg of liquid magnesium and zinc. Which keeps things quiet.
      As a last resort, Clonazepam helped me. But there are consequences I have to face in the future because of it.

Recently I started CBD oil. Look into that, I didnt know anything about it when I first got T. Its really expensive, but there are many benefits to it, including lowering T. I actually bought it to relieve anxiety from future plan to quit clonazepam. 7 days post hysterectomy, I used it to stop the pain medications that were increasing T. I'm only 11 days post op now, and things are getting better.