Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by ajc, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      I’m unsure if covid impacts tinnitus, but I think anyone whose had a rough cold can attest that even a cold can temporarily bother tinnitus. I think the more likely long term impact on tinnitus could come from any prescribed medications, especially if they’re ototoxic.

Oh and hi, everyone! I have not visited TT in a long time, unsure if anyone even remembers me. With the world turned upside down, I thought I’d check back in.

• Like Like x 6
      • Hug Hug x 5
    2. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      Glad to see you are still around and kicking!

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    3. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Good to see you again, Tinker Bell! You’re a very level-headed poster that’s been missed. How are you?

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      How's NYC doing, Jack?

5. Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Ed209

Hello Ed!

I read your post about your mom and how terrible things are in English hospitals. I'm really sorry for it and her and you are in my thoughts. How is the rest of your family? You wrote your wife had a pretty serious case too while being pregnant. Is she better now? And yourself? Your father didn't catch it from your mom, right?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    6. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      As far as we know, my dad either didn’t catch it or he only had mild symptoms. My wife had it pretty bad as she couldn’t breathe properly for a while and we had the paramedics out. She is now much better but it dragged on for 3 weeks in her case. She still has the cough every now and then, but by and large, she’s fine. I still have remnants of the cough as well.

Our hospitals are stretched and PPE accessibility is a big problem. My mother-in-law - who is an audiologist - has been called upon to help out on the covid-19 wards and many retired nurses and Drs have been asked to come back. One of my mother-in-laws colleagues, who was a nurse, died at the age of 36 with covid-19. Another 39-year-old nurse died a few days ago. This virus is killing fit and healthy people also. My brother works for the Royal Mail and they have also tragically lost people to it.

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Informative Informative x 1
    7. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      067CDBE3-BA40-4357-9B35-B48D9FCEF410.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    8. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      I'm not really sure why so many references to 5g are showing up here, but I don't really care for the ridicule that's apparently being heaped on those who have concerns about its widespread use, especially as to how it can affect children and people with tinnitus. My own take is that whoever discounts out of hand that there could be any adverse health effects from 5g, really hasn't been doing their homework.

Do I believe there's a connection between 5g and the coronavirus? I haven't done any research on direct correlation, as it's just not a top priority for me right now. But inasmuch as 5g can adversely impact our overall health, which would then affect how well our bodies can deal with something as severe as a COVID-19 infection, it would seem to go without saying that it definitely could have an impact.

• Winner Winner x 1
    9. PhoenixAcademy

PhoenixAcademy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise?
      There is a widespread "theory" that the 5G radio transmitters are somehow doing this. It's like the things I've read on the internet saying tinnitus is also caused by electronic warfare and harassment. I had to get a basic knowledge of electronics to get around a recording studio and not look like a fool and I learned a little about electronics and even some stuff about radio waves. I just don't see a connection with this. I have a modem/wifi router and for some reason it has 5G and I'm totally fine. I think this Is just like flat earth and alien video stuff. Non-organic purposeful trolling being used to damage the mental health of the population by groups. Like in the 2016 election in America. There is no evidence 5G or even 6G :) is causing health problems or tinnitus. That being said, I am scratching my head over this coronavirus situation, I don't think it is cell phone towers causing it but I am questioning the societal reaction. Something just doesn't seem right about this but I don't know what.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. PhoenixAcademy

PhoenixAcademy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise?
      Man I used to be such a dead head.

11. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I’m mentioning it here because of the sheer amount of misinformation that is being spread around Facebook (in the UK) as it is directly costing lives. It is frightening how naive and incredibly stupid people can actually be. Some of the things I’ve seen and heard defies belief, but unfortunately, there are groups out there encouraging others to go out by stating that the coronavirus does not exist and that it’s all because of 5g. People have actually gone out and burned down cell towers and harassed workers. In the meantime, these idiots are spreading the actual virus around by going out and mixing with others freely. Each day that my mom lies in the hospital trying to regain the function of her lungs, I see these uneducated idiots posting daily and I think to myself, “just shut the fuck up.”

It’s not just 5g, there are groups promoting all kinds of nonsense and the one thing they all seem to have in common is that they can barely string a sentence together, let alone understand biomedical science or epidemiology.

These unsubstantiated conspiracy theories are leading to more deaths as each day goes by as these people, who believe they are “woke,” walk around infecting everybody.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Ed209 -- OK, so there are uneducated idiots out there that are not helping matters, perhaps even leading to avoidable COVID-19 infections. However, it's the educated idiots (especially those in leadership positions) I'm more concerned about, as they affect the health and well being of far more people. What boggles my mind is why they continue to turn their backs on ultra-safe, ultra-cheap, ultra-effective non-drug therapies that are demonstrated to be effective against dangerous viral infections.

Dr. Joseph Mercola in the following 30-minute video states that he believes 90%+ of people who end up dying from COVID-19 could have been saved by using some of the oxygenation therapies he talks about. From everything I've read over the past 20 years on these therapies, I can't help but agree with him.

Could Hydrogen Peroxide Treat Coronavirus?

STORY AT-A-GLANCE
      • Nebulized hydrogen peroxide therapy is an inexpensive and simple way to treat most viral respiratory illnesses
      • All you need is a nebulizer with a face mask that covers your mouth and nose, and common household 3% hydrogen peroxide, available at most grocery stores and pharmacies for less than $1
      • Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) consists of a water molecule (H2O) with an extra oxygen atom. The oxygen inactivates viral pathogens by breaking down the viral structure
      • Additionally, your immune cells actually produce hydrogen peroxide. This is in part how your immune system kills infected cells. Hydrogen peroxide therapy aids your immune cells to perform their natural function more effectively
      • To prevent an infection from taking hold, begin treatment at first signs of symptoms. Commercially available 3% hydrogen peroxide is fine for this purpose, and can be used without dilution for 10 to 15 minutes, four times a day, until your symptoms are relieved
      I can see it already; somebody chimes in with something about "not liking Mercola", or will make some other denigrating remarks. That's fine, nobody has to like him. But before you discount his perspectives out of hand just because "you don't like him", do a little research, and find out for yourself whether or not what he has to say has any credence. Don't reject it just because because you've never heard about it before.

I've previously posted links to books like "-- Flood Your Body with Oxygen by Ed McCabe, which I believe is a good intro. book for anybody who has an interest in delving into oxygen therapies. But there are plenty of good videos on YouTube as well, unless they're all being systematically removed. -- Believe it or not, science backs up a lot of the efficacy of various oxygenation therapies, but it seems nobody wants to take the time to investigate it, even when their own family's, or their own country's health and well being is at risk.

13. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A massive fucking shit show lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    14. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Never too late to hop back on the bus.

15. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Lane, you’re a good guy and I like you a lot, but it seems that you get a lot of your information from either quack Drs or alternative health sites. I’ve been hearing a lot of what you say repeated on Facebook as well, and it’s by the same people that talk about 5g causing the coronavirus and they are always anti-vaxxers. I’ve heard some of them say that this whole scenario has been set-up so that they can give the world population a vaccine which contains nanochips that will track and control us. It’s real tin hat stuff. It appears that those promoting certain ideas are all getting their information from similar alternate health websites that are often far right-wing.

A lot are linking to unsubstantiated videos on YouTube which are clearly fake. One of them is this:

Now, I was about to link to the video which is now showing this:

6D5E6BBB-9015-478B-8830-EF14433B1401.jpeg

It was purportedly the leader of Vodafone whistleblowing on 5g and included some of the things you are saying. It went viral and people were frothing at the mouth listening to it and we're sharing it with statements of their own declaring it as “proof,” and urged others to listen and share. The problem I immediately had with it is that the content was absurd, so instead of believing it at face value I fact-checked it and found what the guy was saying in the opening minute was all fake. The dates were wrong. That was the first lie. After that it became comical, but people largely believed it and were angry at what was said, and so was it shared by the kind of groups and people I’ve been talking about.

The IV vitamin C thing has been bought up a lot as well, and it seems to be by those who are into alternative medicine.

Here’s an example.

I have no opinion of my own on this because I don’t have enough information to be swayed one way or the other. Although, it has been brought up on some of the debates I’ve seen on TV and the experts who have been asked about it have dismissed it out of hand. That’s not enough to convince me conclusively, but it’s more credible than some of the sources I’ve seen who promote this idea as a cure.

As for Mercola, he is widely considered to be a quack so I’d take anything he says with a grain of salt.

Joseph Mercola is an American anti-vaccinationist, conspiracy theorist, pseudoscience promoter and quack, best known for making false and misleading health claims.[1][2][3] Mercola an osteopathic physician, is a popular guruof alternative medicine and naturopathy.[4] He is a member of the right-wing quack outfit Association of American Physicians and Surgeons.

Mercola advocates and provides a forum for many classic crank medical ideas, such as vaccine hysteria and the belief that modern (sorry, "allopathic") medicine kills more people than it helps. His website is a veritable spring of pseudoscience, quackery, and logical fallacies. He is also a promoter of the idea of an AMA/Big Pharma/FDAconspiracy.[5]

Also

Many of Mercola’s articles make unsubstantiated claims and clash with those of leading medical and public health organizations. For example, he opposes immunization [10] fluoridation. [11], mammography [12], and the routine administration of vitamin K shots to the newborn [13,14]; claims that amalgam fillings are toxic [15]; and makes many unsubstantiated recommendations for dietary supplements. He has advised against eating many foods that the scientific community regards as healthful, such as bananas, oranges, red potatoes, white potatoes, all milk products, and almost all grains [16]. He has also given silly advice, such as minimizing exposure to electromagnetic fields by avoiding electric razors, microwaving of foods, watches with batteries [17]. Mercola’s reach has been greatly boosted by repeated promotion on the “Dr. Oz Show.”

I personally believe that the anti-vaccination community are setting a dangerous precedent. There may be some truth to what is said, that there is an element of risk to certain vaccines (even though the evidence is paper-thin to support such claims), but even if it was true, surely the risk far outweighs the alternative? Do people really want to go back to decease and death in vast numbers? Letting their children die unnecessarily?

Again, I have nothing against you personally, Lane, so please don’t take this the wrong way. I believe your intentions are good and you have integrity.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    16. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      What are the other theories, besides 5G?

17. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Gotta love how you trust the authorities despite your recent experiences.

• Agree Agree x 2
    18. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      As a side note, I can’t edit some of the typos out of my post and I tried to modify some of my sentences slightly. I particularly wanted to edit this sentence:

Although, it has been brought up on some of the debates I’ve seen on TV and the experts who have been asked about it have dismissed it out of hand saying that more evidence was needed.

I would also add that getting your vitamin c from food sources is a lot better than taking supplements. I’ve upped my intake by eating more fruit.

I trust my friends and my own judgement/research. I don’t take information in at face value, I always try and fact check/research what I’m told by any source.

Trust me Bill, if you’d seen some of the cringeworthy videos that I have promoting all kinds of crazy ideas you’d understand, or at least I hope you would.
      One of the main ones is that the elites are going to deliberately crash the world economy by falsely informing the public that there is a virus. They go on to say that the solution will be in the form of a vaccination that has nanochips in it that will be able to track and control us. They fiercely oppose any vaccine that may come in the wake of Covid-19, even before they’ve seen it or know anything about it.

Some are raising money via donations from their supporters so that they can fight against the tyranny, but all I see are gullible people handing over money to lunatics.

• Agree Agree x 4
    19. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The 5G hypothesis is pretty ridiculous.

But it is scary how the state is taking advantage of the situation as means for an unprecedented power grab.

As for
      the technology described at the link below has potential for significant abuse:
      http://news.mit.edu/2019/storing-vaccine-history-skin-1218

20. Halsy

Halsy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept. 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Abscess tooth
      Scorn heaped upon those stupid enough to believe it is well deserved. Life is hard enough without people subscribing to insane ideals with no basis in reality - religion, perfect example. There is zero connection between 5G and COVID-19 or tinnitus or any other goddamed thing else on this planet. COVID-19 is a protein based flu virus - A,B,C, or D is as of yet uncertain. Yes, influenza comes in different flavors.

5G is predicated on the electromagnetic spectrum. You know what isn't predicated on the electromagnetic spectrum? Viruses or bacterial diseases. That sort of stupidity is akin to the people who think microwave radiation is worse than solar radiation. The Sun is literally a million times worse than microwave radiation. Ok, not that much but it's far worse than microwave radiation. It is literally impossible for 5G to create a virus. A virus is something born of nature. You take this, that and the other thing bacteria - living organic things - and that's how you get a virus. Electromagnetism can't do that. Even if it wanted to. Which it doesn't. So yes, in this day and age, anyone who doesn't understand this is outright stupid, or willfully ignorant and they deserve all the scorn possible heaped upon them.

It's like saying the Salem Witch Burnings were alright because they didn't understand it was wrong. Ignorant and stupid aren't an excuse.

• Like Like x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    21. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Halsy -- I'm not sure exactly where you're coming from. Although you seem more than a bit exercised, I can't discern whether that's directed at me or not (you did quote my post). When you say, "stupid enough to believe it...", what exactly is "it"? If you're referring to people who don't believe there's a virus causing sickness across the globe, well, that's certainly not me. Never said it, never implied it.

Regarding your reference to 5g not causing tinnitus, you seem to have a 100% certainty about that. I don't. I've seen posts on this forum where members were able to pinpoint their tinnitus coming from smart meters, and in one case, from a new truck loaded with all the latest wifi gear. You seem to be saying people making these claims are stupid beyond belief, and you're correct in saying there's no possible way that's the case. If that's your position, I wouldn't necessarily call it stupid, but it does strike me as being pretty presumptuous.

22. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
    23. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Did anyone watch the video I posted above? Listen to what she says at 3:10. She says she doesn’t believe in germ theory, and that it’s just a theory, and that it’s impossible for people to catch viruses :facepalm:. This is the kind of wisdom that is being passed around right now - by an enlightened bunch - and is part of the reason why people are still going out to holiday destination spots around the country. Then at 6:40 she says the “so-called virus” insinuating that it’s not real, and then says that she can’t even say the word covid-19 as it’s such a bad word to say energetically :ROFL:. At 9:10 she ridicules self-isolation saying we've been stripped of our rights and that people need to “wake up,” which is the common rhetoric of these crackpots.

It’s incredibly infuriating. Well it is for me at least. I think people like this should be taken to a hospital, like where my mom currently is, and made to look at all the people gasping for air as they fight for their lives. She needs to pull her head out of the clouds and take in a dose of reality so that she can see what’s going on in the real world. You don’t have to observe the mainstream media to know what’s happening.

You can watch it here.

• Agree Agree x 4
    24. Harley

Harley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      So far I haven't come across any information that would directly implicate 5G in spreading this virus.
      If someone has acess to any links to such info, I wouldn't mind reading about it.

But I did read about a lot of concerned scientists and doctors speaking out about the possible effects of 5G on our immune systems, which could impact the ability to deal with viruses, such as the Corona.

• Like Like x 1
    25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      That's the stupidest thing ever.

There are not even 5G cell towers in any large quantity (or at all) in many countries yet.

I loathe stupid people.

26. AVIYT
      Wishful

AVIYT Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregabalin
      I have experienced a huge spike in my tinnitus from 2 days ago. I took a bath, got out and immediately felt weak. My neck muscles got tense and I soon experienced a fever. I measured my temperature and it was well above 37 degrees celsius. Shortly after it was 37.8 which is 100.04 f. I read it wrong, as I thought the conversion was 100.4 which I knew was officially a fever. I had the chills at this point, felt cold and hot at the same time.

Shortly after, around midnight (this whole thing started around 21:30-22) it was above 100.4 f / 38c. Then it hit 39.6 and I was sweating for many hours, felt extremely hot, experienced shivering, could not sleep till 4am. I took ibuprofen for a massive migraine I got, I could not eat anything whereas I usually eat a lot, all of my body began to hurt (especially the muscles around my shoulders and neck), my stomach and throat began to hurt. I experienced a slight sore throat with a slight dry cough. I took medicine for the fever and woke up the next day to a reduced temperature. I felt better.

Then it began rising a few hours later to 40 degrees / 104 f. I began to feel very weak, very ill and debated calling the coronavirus hotline. The tricky thing is... if I did have corona, what would it look like? Home isolation after being tested in hospital? Staying in hospital for 2 weeks? What about if I had a normal fever and by going to the hospital I endangered myself to getting corona and then I'd get even sicker? So I decided to stay home and my temperature fell. It was hovering above 39 degrees for the most part.

Today I feel better with my temperature in the morning being 37.2 but then it started rising again. Currently it's below 38 which is good, but I'm barely able to eat anything which also probably is making me feel weak.

I might have coronavirus, or I might have just gotten a fever from something else. There's less than 6K confirmed cases in Poland, but 2 weeks ago I travelled in a lot of ubers and took a train from Warsaw to a different city. I was in the middle of moving out. Then over the past week I visited a lot of grocery stores as all online shopping is overbooked for the month plus it's more expensive.

The thing is... it's difficult to say how many people have it. Because the confirmed cases are only just that. There's plenty more people who are infected who cannot get tested. I've been looking for mobile testing stations or private clinics or companies who come to your home. In other countries this is available, while here it's just beginning to roll out. In my new city there are no mobile clinics, no private company testing sites, just hospitals and epidemiological centers. Both carry high risk of getting coronavirus since there's hundreds of confirmed cases in the local ones. My new town is close to the german border, where there are 119K cases so considering there's a fair amount of german license plates here, there is an increased risk.

I just wanted to share my experience. Maybe I have coronavirus. Maybe I don't. But either way, my tinnitus spiked and I felt really ill. It usually spikes when I experience fever. This is the third time I've been sick this year, second time with fever. I probably get sick so often because I'm obese (310+ lbs), have high blood pressure (average 150+/90+) and have a bad diet.

I think in Poland the real amount of coronavirus cases is probably closer to 15K+. There's plenty of people still waiting on test results. But in America it's probably even worse, maybe 1m+.

• Hug Hug x 5
    27. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      The weather is good in the UK today so all the idiots are heading out in their droves and filling up the parks and communal areas. We have a place near us which is a large area where people set up BBQs, play sports on the fields and go cycling down the trails. It’s an area of natural beauty. People are there today gathering in their masses and completely ignoring the guidelines. This happened last week and the police had to try and disperse them all. We are fighting a losing battle against these fools.

How are we expected to flatten the curve when you have people legitimately believing that the virus either doesn’t exist or that it isn’t worth taking seriously?

Take this idiot for example. He has loads of followers and his videos get shared everywhere. I’m sick of hearing his toxic, dangerous, advice.

This is just one example.

At 3 minutes in he explicitly tells people to carry on going about their lives as he explains that the flu is far worse. He always insinuates that the virus isn’t real in a lot of his videos as he believes this is all part of the New World Order. This is because he believes that 5g is the cause of this virus on a cellular level. At around 5:30 he starts talking about 5g and at 6 minutes he explains how it causes all the symptoms of the so-called coronavirus. He then tries to explain how it causes pneumonia and a sore throat as well as various other symptoms. He has no science background and in some of his videos he explains (in such an incredibly cringe-worthy way) how and why the radiation causes all of these problems. At 8 minutes or so he clearly states that the coronavirus doesn’t exist and that anyone who believes it is a fool that’s being misled by the government. It’s embarrassing to watch, but people really hang onto his words and he has influence. He also shared the infamous Vodafone whistleblower video which was clearly fake and his grammar is appalling which doesn’t exactly instill one with confidence.

The former vodafone boss whistleblower may...

Here’s a girl trying to dissect that video - now that it’s gone - by saying that it’s even more believable because it’s been deleted. I saw this video and it was littered with factually incorrect information and it became clear, really quickly, that it was just some randomer on YouTube making it all up. However, some people will believe anything they hear no matter how absurd it is.

Since it’s now gone, I’ll paraphrase what was said because of how popular it was. The whistleblower said that the radiation from 5g attacked the human body at a cellular level and that it produced toxins within the body which then turned into viral particles. He said that the virus then caused respiratory problems that could lead to death. He emphasised that it was all caused by 5g. It was bat shit crazy stuff basically and it was clearly deleted to protect the public from themselves.

• Like Like x 1
    28. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

HeavyMantra Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Steadily worsening since 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I think Bill Gates is pretty fortright with his plans to implement chips and more or less forced vaccinations? If there is need. One conspiracy is that "they" (whatever that means) are taking advantage of the virus to fundamentally change society in the coming years, and that these chips/5g/vaccinations are a means to that end. Who knows, but I don't know why these people dismiss the notion that he might just want to help eradicate the virus.

29. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      AVIYT, your symptoms pretty much mirror what I had so it could very well be the coronavirus. The numbers are massively underreported because nobody is being tested so it’s more widespread than people realise.

My tinnitus also spiked so try not to panic. It’s highly likely that it will return to baseline once you are well again. Be careful though, because it comes in waves and if you do have it you need to monitor your symptoms carefully in the second week, as it’s around this time that the ones who become really ill with it start to struggle.

• Like Like x 1
    30. PhoenixAcademy

PhoenixAcademy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise?
      I'm sorry but, as Bill Bauer just proved with a good source, that technology is on the table and powerful people including Bill Gates are talking about instituting universal vaccines and "proof" of immunity certificates. So what exactly is tin foil hat stuff about that?

• Agree Agree x 2