Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by ajc, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      EqvG1hnW8AMtDGb?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Eqwn_OgXcAIzPVW?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

• Like Like x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      This was recently posted by a friend of a friend, so I can vouch for the legitimacy.

CF09D60F-0E63-40FF-A955-1B56D2F535FD.jpeg

3. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      The bed crisis is nothing new, Bill. The NHS has been creaking along for years, this is common knowledge. That’s why the graph you shared charting the last 10 years of G&A beds is so eye-opening.

4. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      The UK government has been issuing alarms about overwhelmed hospitals but whistle-blowers are exposing this lie.

It's a global lie which you laugh at yet I offered an example in Canada: a Mississauga (suburb in GTA) mayor claimed this overburdened hospital was full of COVID-19 cases and overwhelmed hysteria yet a reporter walked in and filmed inside exposing this lie. There were probably more security guards than COVID-19 patients.

You're in denial, Ed.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      This had been the case at a specific hospital back in April, but the data about "noncritical care beds" (that you said was misleading) proves that that Hasn't generally been the case this year.
      Nobody is saying that last year was a typical year. We are saying that it wasn't a Crisis. To us, a virus with a survival rate of over 99% isn't a crisis.
      It was posted to prove that this isn't a Crisis. In an actual crisis, we would be unlikely to observe those patterns for "non critical care" beds.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    6. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      What it means is that the NHS needs more funding. They made people wait for surgeries and treatments because the beds and wards were being used for COVID-19 patients. The situation became so bad at our local hospital that they built a new wing and started using private hospital beds. The private beds are not in the data, either.
      I am just sharing what I know to be true from various sources I know and trust. A random video from an unknown source in Canada that’s passed through the media means nothing to me. The truth can be so easily distorted in such things, and I know nothing about the circumstances leading up to it.

This is clearly an exaggerated example I’m about to give, and is laughably hypothetical, but if you witnessed a zombie apocalypse, and then someone told you you were wrong, as there was a random video shot in Australia that proved it (by people you don’t even know), what would you say?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    7. Bartoli

Bartoli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2009,worsened 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      It's hard to compare countries, as Swedish culture probably differs from other customs in terms of social interaction in groups and civil obedience. Also, when people live further apart it will result in pockets of cases that can more easily be controlled. You cannot give the example of Florida and California and just use that as a model for all around the globe.

I have been baffled many times by the lack of respect and compliance to the rules that some people show. It's almost as if the government has to enforce drastic measures in the hopes of having the people adhere to 50% of what they propose.
      You go on about the 1% mortality rate, but those have been far higher in the province of Wuhan at the start, because of lack of a proper knowledge and identification of the disease. A failing healthcare system would likely bump the numbers up.

We're "only" down to 1%-ish mortality rate because in general hospitals are still able to meet the incoming cases. I say in general, because in the UK there are hospitals that over over capacity. Once that happens, people will die who shouldn't have. L.A., same thing apparently. France, The Netherlands...

What I see here is the government trying to balance out the economical, educational and medical repercussions of COVID-19. You say the governments are overreacting. Every single person working in healthcare I've met since the beginning of COVID-19 says the government didn't act soon enough. The hospitals here could just about take the patients, but not without cancelling other appointments and expanding their capacity at the expense of other medical care. I'd say that's too little and too late.

You say that those deaths are just postponed for a few months. I disagree. Some of them might be. Some of them not. You're making some broad assumptions here and throwing in some anecdotal reports for good measure.

You cannot simply get the entire population contract COVID-19 all at once. The sizes of hospitals and the bed occupation rates are determined so that they have some margin, but as we can see (again, UK, L.A., ...) are easily overwhelmed even WITH precautions taken. I don't need a crystal ball to predict what would happen if we just "let it be". You would not be able to go around quoting that 1% mortality rate.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Bartoli

Bartoli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2009,worsened 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      The hamstering crowd is the same as those who are too selfish to just follow the rules for everyone's sake.

Don't think. Trust the virologists and the government on this one.
      It doesn't make you oppressed. It doesn't make you a sheep. It makes you a considerate human being with some common sense who uses caution instead of misusing his brain that wasn't designed to interpret the data thrown around.

There is no hoax, no illuminati, no evil scheme.

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      They made them wait for surgeries and treatments because they EXPECTED to be treating an overwhelming number of COVID-19 cases - something that, for the most part, hasn't materialized.
      Back in the late spring the US they built a number of field hospitals (they also brought a navy hospital ship close to New York) - and most of those hospitals haven't seen one patient.
      Your analogy would work better if the government were to tell us that there is a zombie apocalypse out there, the mortality rate wouldn't be Too different from the mortality rate in the past, there would be few videos of it (e.g., some videos from the north of Italy), and we were to cite videos that showed no zombies at places that have been, according to the government, infested with zombies.

10. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      Are you joking? I have permanent damage to the blood vessels in my hands because of COVID-19. What reason do I have to lie about this? What would I and @Ed209 gain from talking about our experiences getting the virus?

If you truly believe it is a hoax, contract the virus yourself and see how "fake" it is....

• Agree Agree x 2
    11. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      To many of us it is extremely important to not be part of mass hysteria.
      It was the other way around, right? Initially they didn't know that this virus is unusually mild for the vast majority of people resulting in them having no symptoms or mild symptoms. As a result of that they had underestimated the number infected people (so overestimated the fatality rate). I am old enough to remember them saying that 20% of those who catch it needing to be hospitalized and 5% needing intensive car. Of course if the "experts" where to be unbiased, they would preface all of their statements that included numbers about the virus by saying how uncertain those numbers are.
      No, once that happens, the patients will be rerouted to a hospital that has empty capacity.
      To quote Biden: "C'mon Man?!!?!" You should be ashamed - repeating the nonsense from MARCH that has proven to have NO basis to it. I am extremely embarrassed to have taken the bait hook line and sinker back in March and April. But to Still believe this fairy tale in January?! Or were you joking when you wrote that?
      No, this isn't what a balance looks like.
      To confront you on this feels like attempting to prevent Pacific Ocean's tide from coming in, while being armed with only a bucket: You are too far gone. Sorry, I don't have the energy to do this.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    12. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Hasn't materialised? At this point there is no point continuing.
      Then it would make no sense, Bill. Personally living through something, and being aware of various facts through first-hand experience, and having the government tell you something are polar opposite scenarios. If someone chopped your hand off, and you felt the pain and saw the blood, but the government said it didn't happen, then we’d have your analogy.

Seeing and knowing is believing.
      I cannot comment on other areas of the world, but here, there is precisely zero mass hysteria. That doesn't change the fact that I now know of 9 people who have lost their lives to this, and many more who have had lasting damage of some kind in the space of less than a year. In my entire lifetime, I've never known anyone die of the flu.

I've got many friends who are experts dealing with this stuff every single day. They tell me how bad it is getting and give me vivid details of what an average day at work is currently like. This is real life, Bill. Your analysis is primarily coming from Twitter and newspaper articles, and yet, I'm the one being accused of falling for the MSM’s lies. It's really quite laughable at this point. At what point am I supposed to start believing real-life, in your opinion?

Your mind is made up and nothing at this point will convince you, that's been made abundantly clear. I get the impression that you'd still deny it even if you ended up on a ventilator yourself, and it’s for this reason that I’ll sincerely wish you and Pete well and step aside, as I’m pretty certain everyone is tired of me posting in this thread.

• Funny Funny x 1
    13. Psych
      Wishful

Psych Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Many moons...
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      The people coordinating this shindig aren't going for "beneficial." They're ripping apart the fabric of society, traumatizing children and adults alike, muzzling those who will agree to it, all for something that has a 99.96 percent chance of survival. Much, much, MUCH higher than many other illnesses.

Glad to see you're doing the math. Speaking of which, the fatality rate in our county, which has the world's busiest interstate running through the middle of it, and is next to one of the largest cities in America, is POINT ZERO ZERO ZERO FIVE. Move that decimal point, ladies and gents, and you've got a whopping ZERO PERCENT. And this is in a place that did not do Draconian measures vis-a-vis lockdowns and businesses and schools closing.

This is a CONTROL ATTEMPT, that seems to be going very well for the plutarchs in charge, judging from the compliance by those who are, to be fair, scared out of their wits by the complicit media. Yes, there is a serious illness going around, and it's killing people, God rest their souls. No one should overlook that. But they should also use their critical thinking skills to make sober judgements about what's really happening, numbers-wise. Deaths are tragic, but so are ruined lives, which is what is happening to countless people who are believing they have to be afraid of everything and everyone, when they can see from their own personal experience that the danger is being overhyped at every turn.

• Like Like x 1
    14. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      I've been meaning to mention that I believe a lot of the neurological symptoms that many with post-COVID-19 infections experience could be a result of a Vitamin B12 deficiency created by the infection. Below is a pretty mind blowing video on a doctor who became desperately ill, and was given all kinds of diagnoses until it was finally discovered he had a B12 deficiency. Only watching the first 2-3 minutes will give you the gist of his story.

Diagnosing and Treating Vitamin B12 Deficiency

So here's my thinking (and understanding): -- I've read that COVID-19 creates LOTS of free radicals in the body. This puts a tremendous burden on the body's detoxification system. This in turn puts a strain on the body's all important methylation system, which is greatly dependent on B12.

B12 is rather difficult to get enough of to begin with, and so if those reserves become drained from an infection, many different B12 deficiency symptoms can arise. Most of those happen to be neurological symptoms. Many people who have ME/CFS have benefitted greatly from doing B12 injections (including myself).

I don't know if the damage to your hands is in part neurological, but I think there's a chance it could be. Regardless, it's possible your body is now currently low on B12, and it might be a good idea to consider supplementing with some. Though B12 injections are the fastest way to restore levels, sublingual tablets will also work. I've heard that Hydroxocobalamin is the best kind to use.

Take care...

15. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I forgot to add here, that the makeshift Knightingale hospitals in the UK - which I’ll assume is the equivalent of what’s happening elsewhere - cannot be used for anyone who has comorbidities or needs to be in an intensive care facility. For this, you need a fully functioning hospital.

The other issue is that it is difficult to staff them appropriately. This is why they decided to expand the hospitals around the UK instead because being in a fully functioning hospital is a significantly better option. The Knightingale hospitals were put together as a last resort.

I’ve heard from more doctors who are working in London and they all unanimously said the situation is dire and is worse than anything they’ve seen in their entire careers. People need to pull their heads out of the sand and stop being so stupendously naive.

As I said before, the reaction from certain members of the public to this has really surprised me considering that this is the age of information. How can so many be hoodwinked into believing it’s a hoax!? It’s truly staggering. It reminds me of when people thought the correct way to treat migraines was to drill holes in people’s heads, or when people were burned at the stake because others believed they were witches. This lynch mentality is what led to mistakes in the past. People who have no clue will instinctively follow the herd, no matter how stupid that herd is.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    16. TeeOh
      Paranoid

TeeOh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      big bang
      I have known unironic flat earthers and people who seriously believe we are ruled by shape shifting alien reptilians. Nothing surprises me nowadays. Also, this is not an Onion article:

Some Patients Dying of COVID-19 Still Think It’s Fake

• Like Like x 1
    17. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      @linearb shared this a few pages back, and it sums up how deep-rooted a false belief can become. It’s no different to how cults are formed. If Bill Bauer and PeteJ lived in Jonestown in the 1970s, they would likely have been influenced to join Jim Jones’s cult. It’s surprisingly easy to influence people’s beliefs, especially when the herd-mentality effect comes into play. Social media is perfect for this, and unfortunately, many don’t have the capacity to understand how easy it is to manipulate information in order to trigger their biases, and so they drink the kool-aid because everybody else is. Many also think it’s cooler to be a rebel or a contrarian.

We are programmed to be this way. This experiment is a perfect portrayal of what is happening to Pete and Bill right now. The lady in the video is a representation of them, and the bleep is the belief that COVID-19 is a hoax.

Brain Games - Conformity Waiting Room

• Winner Winner x 3
    18. TeeOh
      Paranoid

TeeOh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      big bang
      That combined with long-term intense social alienation (due to everything that happened recent) is a recipe for disaster.

That @PeteJ guy is not in the right in the head tagging your post about 8 dead people as funny. He has a strange and very predictable habit of tagging most of your posts as funny and probably will tag that post of yours as that too, along with this of my, however I welcome it because I need more ratings. So please give me your ratings, because my profile leveled up due to them lol. I can't see his messages because... ignore filter. His crazy conspiracy theories were extremely funny at first because I thought he was doing satire playing as a nutcase (there was no subtlety), but after a while I noticed he was serious and I didn't want my faith in humanity to keep deteriorating every time I read about 5G causing coronavirus, but at the same time saying the virus is a hoax. Anyways, nothing of value was lost.

By the way that video was interesting as hell, so please have a rating.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 2
    19. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      You never know what people have been through in life, so I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I know Pete is suffering with his tinnitus so I don’t take it personally. But, you're right, some of his views are out there.

• Like Like x 1
    20. Tanni
      Devilish

Tanni Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ???
      Isn't that true of everyone on this forum?

• Agree Agree x 4
    21. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      You're both nutjobs and please don't mention my tinnitus. I don't use yours as a reason for your illogical conclusions and lies.
      You're the one who isn't right in the head for whatever reason. At least, I look at the COVID-19 question logically and am not a simple sheep like you.

Tech companies and MSM treat any "different conclusion" from the COVID-19 narrative as "disinformation" and delete it. For some reason, corporate companies, governments and MSM want questions and differing conclusions censored. Especially Big Tech.

Twitter blocked a medical journal for suggesting a possible treatment for COVID-19.

Twitter blocks medical journal after it published a positive study on Ivermectin treatment for coronavirus

This isn't a new occurrence or isolated example It’s just another example of many. The point is to illustrate it as a pattern, that it's prevalent and disconcerting.
      The magic virus is doing a lot of damage. Did you hear it also infects cats and dogs? It also got a Pepsi bottle and Kiwi fruit. I wonder if it turned the Pepsi into Coke?

22. Tanni
      Devilish

Tanni Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ???
      Netiquette of Tinnitus Talk, by registering and using the site you agree to the below:

I.
      Be sensitive to, and respectful of, other members' feelings.
      Treat others with respect, kindness and empathy.

II.
      Do not judge, belittle, harass or insult your fellow members or their conditions thereof.
      Such action will result in either a warning or ban, depending on the severity.
      There is no place for hostile comments on Tinnitus Talk.

• Like Like x 1
    23. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I strongly disagree with this kind of censorship regarding COVID-19. I’ve said this numerous times, but there’s not much you can do about a private company moderating their site as they want it to be.

The argument you’re using, however, reveals a dissonance to your thinking. If COVID-19 is a hoax, then why are you defending this treatment and it’s right to be published on Twitter? It’s fake anyway, right?
      We’ve already been over this. You do realise that other species can catch viruses? It was confirmed that a cat in the UK was carrying COVID-19.

The PCR test does not detect a live infection, it picks up the viral RNA. Only a viral culture can tell if someone has a live infection or not. No matter how many times you are told this it just seems to go straight over your head :facepalm:. Any object could potentially test positive if it has COVID-19 particles all over it. You do realise that people can become infected by touching a surface (and then their face) that contains these particles? That's why you should wash your hands.

• Like Like x 1
    24. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    25. TeeOh
      Paranoid

TeeOh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      big bang
      How the top minds of this thread do research on proving COVID-19 being a hoax:

ZomboMeme 04012021210021.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    26. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      The article you’ve provided for the Nightingale hospital is from May. It is still there.

Why, if the NHS is under so much pressure, are others not open?

The simple answer, says British Medical Association leader Dr Chaand Nagpaul, is staffing.

"We have 80,000 vacancies. You just can't have a doctor or nurse in two sites at once."

It is a sentiment that is echoed on the ground.

Rupert Pearse, an intensive care doctor in east London, said the situation in the capital as well as in north Kent and south Wales "remains very difficult".

But he says the Nightingales will not help because of the lack of trained staff.

"We are already 'diluting' our skilled ICU nursing staff with less-well-trained volunteers."

How hospitals are managing demand without them

The truth is they were built as an insurance option - to be used as a last resort.

So instead hospitals have focused on managing demand.

That means a ruthless prioritisation of care. Routine work, such as knee and hip replacements, has been cancelled in the areas that are facing the most pressure to free up space.

That is why it is no coincidence - despite the variation in Covid cases across the country - that regionally, hospitals have very similar levels of occupied beds once you take into account Covid and non-Covid patients.

27. TeeOh
      Paranoid

TeeOh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      big bang
      Not exactly a man of principles I see... lmao.

28. HootOwl

HootOwl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explanation in About You
      The bottom is legit how I read research papers on the inner ear lmao.

• Like Like x 3
    29. Jack V

Jack V Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2020
      I'm not.

With all the crazy, yours is the voice of reason.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Funny Funny x 1
    30. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Yes, that was my point. Back in May we got deceived - none of those March-April fears had materialized. Now (2021) it is clear that this virus is a lot less serious than people expected it to be in March 2020.
      Oh, really?

Record number of healthcare workers laid off, furloughed during pandemic

266 hospitals furloughing workers in response to COVID-19
      How many times do we need to tell you that nobody thinks that COVID-19 doesn't exist?! We think that its deadliness is similar to that of the flu. So of course a new treatment is good.
      No, the problem is with you. You imagine that he thinks that COVID-19 doesn't actually exist, despite him telling you otherwise multiple times.

• Helpful Helpful x 1