Do I Have a Chance?

Discussion in 'Support' started by MikeGreen, Dec 6, 2016.

1. MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      Hello as you can see I'm new

My tinnitus is mild only hear it in very silent places, when at sleep. Outside external sound covers it up. It's noise induced I'm sure. Do I still have hope?

2. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      There is always a chance :)

3. Owen
      Disappointed

Owen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unclear. Inflammatory allergic reaction/AIED
      There is always hope, but generally speaking the chances of it going diminish with time and it seems that for most, it generally goes within about 6 months if it is going to (this is based on empirical evidence). Having said that, I have had tinnitus for a couple of years, and even now, it is slowly becoming quieter, month by month.

The trick is to not to let it rule your life. If you are going to really loud places, then you need to protect your ears, but normal, every down sound levels are good for your hearing - don't overprotect by trying to avoid all noises. Get on with living, eat well, get good sleep and you might be one of the lucky ones.

4. bekker

bekker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise / festival
      Buy Some good earplugs to protect your ears in loud places like party's. You Will be OK But if you dont't protect your ears it Will become worse that exactly happend to me. I had it first like you. But went to a party without earplugs and after that i got very annoying sounds and hyperacusis. Protect your ears and you Will be fine

5. Julien87
      Not amused

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (concert)
      We all have hope.
      I was in your situation ten years ago, I'm still alive and happy,
      Take care of you ;)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      invest in custom fitted musician ear plugs...best investment you will make. Keep them with you always and i suggest downloading an app to help you determine if you are in areas that are too loud or over the 85 decibel limit. My rule is anything in the 80s range i try not to subject myself to for long periods of time, but once it goes to 90 i either put tissue in my ears or pull out the plugs. Also try this therapy out as well.

http://www.generalfuzz.net/acrn/

Look up the research on it to better understand how it helps first. Best of luck.

7. Foncky
      Tired

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music. Balloon. Genes.
      It won't be a problem in a few weeks or months. You may even learn how to like such a mild T.

When my T was mild, it was like a lullaby when going to bed...

Just protect your ears so it does not get any worse.

• Like Like x 1
    8. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Friend I would say reading your post your living the dream,noise level could be far worse...good luck

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      Im literally in an emotional break down on how I could do this to myself. It was only ONE song that did it. One little thing just ruined me. I cant stop the emotional pain its immense. Guys.. for real.. does it get less by time ? If I take care of my ears of course..

10. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      it can deffo get worse mine has 30 years now ,

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      Im going to do tests at the hospital. Will these hearing tests worsen it ? Also are smartphone decibel meter applications trustable? Can the doctor see the cause of my tinitis with the tests ? Can he see damage ? If not i wont take it

12. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      I know exactly how you feel. Mine was caused by a powerful alarm external sounder that I should not have been anywhere near. Everyday for the last 6 months I have cursed myself for going near it. How could I be so stupid, what if I did this or that different, wishing too go back in time and change things.
      It's this that is actually worse than the tinnitus, balance issues and hearing loss.

As for can it get better or worse over time?? I have no idea, everyone is different. I just hope things will get better over time but it's been 6 months now. No change.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      I feeel so sorry for you dude ! Just keep reminding yourself that you arent the only one. I try that all the time to feel less lonely.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Mike ,have the hearing test ,if you have like me at least sleight to medium high frequency hearing loss ,hearing aids would definitely knock at least 60% of the T off while you have them in

• Like Like x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      Okay thank you friend.

• Hug Hug x 1
    16. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Try to stay calm, don't focus on it.
      In a way see it as a warning, now you can be careful with your ears...never got the warning, it was bang...
      Best of luck!

• Like Like x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      Emotional issues. Been posting all day clearly shows the situation im in. Its been one week. No improvement, still silent T only heard in silence spots, whilst trying to sleep and when I put my fingers in my ear. Will do as much as I can to see an ENT on monday (current appointment on friday but I really need help)

Is it permanent? Or do I have a chance..

Im sorry if you never see me contribute and only ask things maybe, right now im in too much of a pitiful state to contribute.

All replies are welcome

18. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      It could go away so try stay calm....
      Happy talk to you on the phone ....lots of love glynis

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      yes? I feel lonely these days which adds up to my emotional issue. 2016 has been a rough year for me. I already have a chronic heart disorder.. and this is painful.

20. wags
      Wishful

wags Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trama
      Hey @MikeGreen

You are still no where near having what is known as "chronic tinnitus". You are still in the acute phase and as such it's understood that there is a very real possibility of your tinnitus still going away. This isn't a promise, but a generally accepted concept.

The thing about tinnitus is, though, that it can only get better. Either it can go away, or you will get used to it. Very few people do not habituate if they are left with chronic tinnitus and even fewer so have it to the point where it completely debilitates them.

Lots of times it is said that tinnitus brings out our anxiety and our inner feelings of hopelessness. It sounds like you are being affected in quite the drastic manner. I would advise you to keep posting and talking with the people here, or to seek the support you need elsewhere to feel at peace with yourself. Whether you need sleep aids, anti-anxiety medication, cognitive behavioral therapy, or just a calming, masking, playlist, please explore the options that you have available to you as early as you can to keep you and your brain healthy.

You absolutely have a chance.

• Like Like x 1
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      I thank you incredibly for these kind words ! And I would like to add some here too. During this very unstable time within the internet this community is the most decent and kind place I have seen. Its an honor for me to be around strong individuals from which I can learn so much.

Thank you.

22. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @MikeGreen,
      Send a pm if in England as can ring you free of charge off my mobile or can activate my Skype to call free out of the UK anytime.....lots of love glynis