Do You Hear Tinnitus Clearly Over the TV?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Telis, Nov 1, 2014.

?

Do You Hear Tinnitus Clearly Over The TV?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      For me, because I don't have what I would label severe tinnitus, my answer to the poll though not listed is...it depends.
      I wish this were an option of the poll in fact. So I chose Yes even though this isn't true maybe half of the time. An explanation...
      My tinnitus which is variable...from moderate to mild, depends greatly on my level of concentration. I never deliberately mask my T for example...sleep in silence etc. When I get involved in a project which can even include writing a post here at times...my conscious thought can switch from my T to not hearing it and focusing on the subject I am concentrating on. Same with TV watching. If the TV show is engrossing and I am really captivated by what I am watching, I forget about my T or rather don't notice it. If I am channel searching and bored out of my mind, my tinnitus is an unfortunate companion in my search...more present in my consciousness. For the record, I don't have discernible reactive tinnitus even though my T is variable for unknown reasons...possibly moon alignment;)....but I do believe I have mild H...loud noise and me don't get along real well....I don't like loud trucks and motorcycles for example...and I have probably been around too much loud stuff which is a contributor to my tinnitus.

2. slipware
      Bookworm

slipware Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I hear my tinnitus over everything. The most relief is when I'm blow drying my hair with a high power hairdryer. Nothing can mask it on bad days.

3. STi

STi Member

Yes ...but I am use to it now.

4. MrBonk

MrBonk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/Insane sinus congestion/TMJ/mold allergy/dog bark??????
      Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. It's never consistent.

5. squeek

squeek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise impact/maybe seaborn
      You can buy totally silent computers, Mac and PC. I refer you to this post. It's made a big difference in my quality of life since I'm on the computer much of the time.

6. Sen
      Caffeine

Sen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dunno
      I can hear my tinnitus clearly over just about everything, but to be fair I have pretty bad hyperacusis, so I haven't really tested to see if I can hear my tinnitus when contrasted with louder noises.

7. Tata

Tata Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm thinking of getting a headset to watch TV now. The tinnitus affects my enjoying watching TV.
      Has anyone else gotten a headset?