Do You Hear Tinnitus Clearly Over the TV?

Do You Hear Tinnitus Clearly Over The TV?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Telis

Author
Hall of Fame
Jun 26, 2014
Tinnitus Since
11/2013
Cause of Tinnitus
Drugs barotrauma
Just curious about this....I watch TV med volume and my T blasts over it making it hard to concentrate.

Anyone else have this issue?

yes i do Telis:( hopefully they find something soon to help lower this!

Did you try high volume yet?
Some of the scenes where it's really loud...explosions etc I don't hear it as much but hurts my ears. Then a quiet scene happens and my t is even louder...frustrating.

Sometimes I do but its not too clear. Lately it is pretty much masked by the sounds of the shows or the pitch that my cable box emits.
I keep my volume as low as possible because I'm very obsessive about not making anything overly loud.

Telis wrote:
Just curious about this....I watch TV med volume and my T blasts over it making it hard to concentrate.
Anyone else have this issue?

Always been like that in fact I have to turn the volume up to hear the tv. It was impossible for a long time and so frustrating that I often gave up trying to watch it. Some movies were impossible and I strained to hear the actors voices. Sure I have some hearing loss in my bad ear but my good ear is fine so hearing loss is not the reason why I can't hear tv it's the noise in my head.
I'm usually OK now and what I find is that if I'm watching something that really interests me my T usually takes a back seat so I can enjoy the show.
You seem to be similar to me and I would say you have loud tinnitus but reading some of the other replies it tells me that there are some with mild tinnitus and IMO there is tinnitus and there is severe tinnitus.
Oh yeah! I'm habituated.

I'd say that depends on 1. How interested I am in what's showing and 2. how much I think about my T.

At the moment I hear it more often than not since I'm having a bad period of possible worsening.

Fellow T victims, please take care when you experiment with high volume television. That was how I got my hearing injury and tinnitus. It was explosions, breaking cars/glass, bending metal sounds, etc, from the movie that killed my ear cells.

Yes i hear it over tv, traffic, music, coversation, everything. There is no escaping it.
Same here. I just joined the forum today. No one seemed to believe me when I say this. I even went to the beach one say, waves crashing on the rocks, wind blowing in my ears, sea gulls squawking and tinnitus still ringing through. I've had mine 21 years now.

Hello Kay ,me the same I live on the coast ,I go to the beach ,5 min walk ,I can still hear the T above the water etc ,I only avoid the beach on high windy days. It hurts my ears more .The walks do help clear the cobwebs on a nice calm day ,that's enjoyable just to sit and watch what's going on out on the water.Relaxing .I find weather affects my T heck of a lot ,along with allergies ,breathing in salty sea air you'd think would help out the sinuses but not in my case .maybe that's why nasal rinses don't help either .Ive had T since 96 ,but has been worse in past 9 years louder more troublesome ,following illness .

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now