Does Your Tinnitus Change After Listening to White Noise?

Discussion in 'Support' started by epin3m, Jan 2, 2014.

1. epin3m
      Badass

epin3m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Hi head ringers!

Do you notice your T change after listening to white noise for a while or it does remain the same?

If I do not mask it, my T sounds like a buzz but it changes into a high pitched noise after I listen to white noise. However, it returns to its normal buzzing noise after a few minutes.

Does anyone else experience this?

2. David S

David S Member Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      I have the same. My T is like small bells in a sequence but when I listen to withe noise I can hear the pulses trough. After some time the bells goes more like a unstable high pitched tone.

3. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Yup. While I listen to "Musical Neuronmodulation" (on this site) my whistling T instantly turns to a very faint high hiss. After about a half hour of this mask, the tinnitus is a little less for a few hours. Does anyone know where more of that type of sound(s) can be found? I don't think I could be without it. I'm hooked.

4. AaronU
      Anime

AaronU Member

So far I haven't noticed any obvious change after listening to any type of noise - running faucets seem to be the best for drowning it out though.

5. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Great to hear.

The sound was made by @Steve.

He's able to do more of the same kind. :)

(PS. white noise does not affect my tinnitus).

6. Hattukoira
      Tired

Hattukoira Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2010
      White noise makes my T louder temporarily. That's why I'm using music and nature sounds to mask my T.

7. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      @I who love music I've done a few sequences on the same principle. I'll get some of them uploaded and give you a link.

I'm the same with white noise, it has no effect on my tinnitus volume. I don't find it too pleasant to listen to so I don't use it unless it's mixed with other sounds.