Does Your Tinnitus Change After Listening to White Noise?

Discussion in 'Support' started by epin3m, Jan 2, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. epin3m
      Badass

epin3m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Hi head ringers!

Do you notice your T change after listening to white noise for a while or it does remain the same?

If I do not mask it, my T sounds like a buzz but it changes into a high pitched noise after I listen to white noise. However, it returns to its normal buzzing noise after a few minutes.

Does anyone else experience this?

2. David S

David S Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      I have the same. My T is like small bells in a sequence but when I listen to withe noise I can hear the pulses trough. After some time the bells goes more like a unstable high pitched tone.

3. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Yup. While I listen to "Musical Neuronmodulation" (on this site) my whistling T instantly turns to a very faint high hiss. After about a half hour of this mask, the tinnitus is a little less for a few hours. Does anyone know where more of that type of sound(s) can be found? I don't think I could be without it. I'm hooked.

4. AaronU
      Anime

AaronU Member

So far I haven't noticed any obvious change after listening to any type of noise - running faucets seem to be the best for drowning it out though.

5. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Director Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Team Trobalt Team Tech Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Great to hear.

The sound was made by @Steve H.

He's able to do more of the same kind. :)

(PS. white noise does not affect my tinnitus).

6. Hattukoira
      Tired

Hattukoira Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2010
      White noise makes my T louder temporarily. That's why I'm using music and nature sounds to mask my T.

7. Steve H
      Creative

Steve H Director Staff Benefactor Team Trobalt Team Tech Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      @I who love music I've done a few sequences on the same principle. I'll get some of them uploaded and give you a link.

I'm the same with white noise, it has no effect on my tinnitus volume. I don't find it too pleasant to listen to so I don't use it unless it's mixed with other sounds.