Ear Drum Perforation, Tinnitus Started 3 Weeks Ago, It's Now Been Gone for 30 Minutes

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by anusha, Dec 19, 2017.

1. anusha
      Buzzed

anusha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 29 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      Hello,

I was posting until yesterday regarding tinnitus and reading other threads this morning.

I was also able to hear my tinnitus when I woke up this morning and came to work. As usual I can't hear it at my desk due to white noise in my office. I can always hear it in quiet conference rooms.

I got a call and went into a conference room to take call. Usually when I go in that conference room for a call I can hear my tinnitus even when I am talking on phone. Today I took the phone call and after 2 minutes I realized I can't hear my tinnitus. I hung up the call closed my eyes and tried to listen hard for tinnitus I couldn't listen. I couldn't believe if it's real so kept cotton in my left ear (one with tinnitus) and tested I couldn't hear.

I still can't believe if it's completely gone. It's been 30mins tinnitus free after 3 weeks of having it continuously due to perforated ear drum.

I hope it's gone forever. I pray god every minute that I believe in his miracles and I hope this is one for me.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Good for you!

Even if it comes back, the fact that it was gone for a while is a very good sign that eventually it will be gone for good.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    3. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Most perforated drums heal naturally. You're experiencing the natural healing process of your body.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      But now that you have had T, it is likely that your ears have been weakened, and now it might be easier for you to get T again. So please be careful and try to avoid loud noises. You might also try to minimize the time when you use headphones.

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      anusha
      Buzzed

anusha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 29 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      Day I got my T I just packed my headphone and moved it to storage room. I am scared to use any of them again. As a developer I always used to use headphones to code fast and avoid any disturbances around work. But I don't think I am going to hurt my ears anymore. I understand the value of healthy ears. I always used low volume even when I used headphone earlier but used for longer times at work as a way to zone out and work. Going to be a lot grateful for things I have which I have to take proper care of. Thanks @Bill Bauer for warning me. This is an incredible support group.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Rick Garner
      Fine

Rick Garner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/ 2016 (T free since mid March 2017) 
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD (most probably)
      Anusha,

A bit of advice to you. Now that you have shared your experience here, forget about you had tinnitus, most importantly stop listen for it, leave this forum and get on with your life. You might ask why I am still lurking in this forum even after recovering from tinnitus. That is because I think that I might be able to help others with my experience. Anyway, happy to hear that you have recovered.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      anusha
      Buzzed

anusha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 29 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      EDIT:

I thought it was gone completely but when I went to a much quieter place I hear T. ( my bedroom / place with pin drop silence)

I think my intensity of T reduced significantly yesterday but T did not disappear completely. I think its a very positive sign and as other members of group has mentioned it might probably mean I am close to having it gone for good.

@Rick Garner yes I will once it completely heals. Until then this forum has been my support system for 3 weeks more than anything.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Like you said, this is still a good sign.

Also, if T ever goes away completely, please let us know about it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      anusha
      Buzzed

anusha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 29 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      I am sorry guys I posted this 2weeks back when had a day with silenceish 95%... but next day I got cold and cough and T returned like crazy and its been 2 weeks haven't had a second of silence. I was thinking I was lucky and T went away and will go away but T is so continuous and noticeable that I am scared. I could hardly sleep with white noise on yesterday. I hope it goes away and 2018 is a good year for all of us. Happy new year I pray for good health for everyone.

• Hug Hug x 1