Ear Popping/Crackling?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Logan, Jan 11, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. Logan
      Stressed

Logan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Just today I noticed when I am talking I get a wierd popping and crackling sound in my ears. Do you think this is eustachian tube dysfunction (ETD)? That is what I read online and it says it can be caused by a cold or allergies and I have had a few problems with my ears this past month or two. So do you think it can be released to that? Also last time I went to the doctor they said I had some fluid in my ears. I figured I would ask here since one of you might know about it. Thanks for any replies!

2. Penelope33
      Torn

Penelope33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2013
      I have this too, ever time I swallow... It started at the same time as my t onset. I've been tested for etd and don't seem to have a problem so no idea why it happens. Sometimes it ebbs off If I swallow lots or yawn but then comes back. It's so annoying but not as bad a the tinnitus . If you have fluid in your ears yours may get better over time. Mine unfortunately is elusive .

3. Logan
      Stressed

Logan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Yea I have had the same thing with yawning and swallowing for years now, way before my tinnitus. It doesn't really bother me but this is bothering me since it happens when I talk, but I think it's because of the fluid in my ears.

4. peter1974
      Balanced

peter1974 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Have this also. Every time a swallow. Doctor told me its normal with some people. What ever that means