Ear Popping/Crackling?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Logan, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Logan
      Stressed

Logan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Just today I noticed when I am talking I get a wierd popping and crackling sound in my ears. Do you think this is eustachian tube dysfunction (ETD)?

That is what I read online and it says it can be caused by a cold or allergies and I have had a few problems with my ears this past month or two.

So do you think it can be released to that? Also last time I went to the doctor they said I had some fluid in my ears.

I figured I would ask here since one of you might know about it. Thanks for any replies!

2. Penelope33
      Torn

Penelope33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2013
      I have this too, ever time I swallow... It started at the same time as my t onset. I've been tested for etd and don't seem to have a problem so no idea why it happens. Sometimes it ebbs off If I swallow lots or yawn but then comes back. It's so annoying but not as bad a the tinnitus . If you have fluid in your ears yours may get better over time. Mine unfortunately is elusive .

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Logan
      Stressed

Logan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Yea I have had the same thing with yawning and swallowing for years now, way before my tinnitus. It doesn't really bother me but this is bothering me since it happens when I talk, but I think it's because of the fluid in my ears.

4. peter1974
      Balanced

peter1974 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Have this also. Every time a swallow. Doctor told me its normal with some people. What ever that means

5. Paulyyy

Paulyyy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 Days Ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection/Cold
      So about a week or two ago, I got this nasty sinus infection along with pink eye:oops:
      Then I noticed this mild ringing in my left ear did some research and noticed that my nasty infection is what caused the ringing in my ear. It's been occurring for the past week. Sometime I dont realize its even there but my ear has been Crackling and Ear Popping is this a good sign or not? Please help!!

6. RonnieCarzatto
      Cynical

RonnieCarzatto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 01 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mild head injury maybe... but who knows...
      I have never been given a concrete answer on this. My ears crackle at the time, especially when I flex my ear. I was told this was eustachian tube dysfunction but that was ruled out. I've had it for almost a year now.