Earphones in the Gym — Safe?

Discussion in 'Support' started by joseph Ghass, Oct 16, 2015.

1. joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Hi guys,

is it ok to listen to low volume music using earphones in the gym?

will this cause any further damage?

Thanks

2. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      If you have to ask the question then the answer is probably self evident. That said, if you find you can comfortably listen to music at low volume (proper low, not relatively low compared to what you were used to) then it may not be a bad idea because it will keep you attuned to accepting sound.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      If your tinnitus was due to loud sound then it I dont think it would be a good Idea .
      Saying that ,if you cope ok with them on very low and find they don't spike your tinnitus then go ahead.
      Keeping fit and enjoying life is the best way to deal with the unwanted emotions tinnitus can cause.....enjoy yourself...lots of love glynis

4. walkthroughwalls

walkthroughwalls Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Can you safely listen to your earphones at a low volume anywhere else (outside of the gym)? Then you probably can do so in the gym as well... But be careful, with all the environmental noise at the gym it's really easy to turn the earphones up too loud.

Do you really need to listen to earphones while in the gym? Can you cope without, or is it just luxury? I personally wouldn't bother, but that's just me :)

• Agree Agree x 1