Ebola

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cor, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    1. Michael2013
      Happy

Michael2013 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2013
      Many people around here do, and they found a way to live with it.

2. Michael2013
      Happy

Michael2013 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2013
      I agree. That fact that Ebola has killed 4000 people in the last year tells us it is worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. jss
      No Mood

jss Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise anxiety and antidepressants
      You were not walking in his shoes nor did you have any idea the extent of his pain....
      So speak for yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      Yep. I'm not saying tinnitus doesn't suck. Of course it does, otherwise we wouldn't be here and I wouldn't be here. But, that doesn't mean there aren't worse things out there. And, I'm sorry, but it is silly to say that because I don't have severe tinnitus and Ebola, there is no way for me to determine which is worse. I mean, common sense tells us that we don't have to experience everything to determine which could be worse in a given situation.

And just looking at Ebola's symptoms:

"The first mild symptoms include: fever, fatigue, anorexia, malaise, myalgia, severe frontal headache, and pharyngitis. These preliminary symptoms are able to last two to sevens days. As the virus continues to spread throughout the patient the symptoms continue to worsen as melena, epistaxis, confusion, hearing loss, and maculopopular rash begins to form, which is then followed by vomiting and bloody diarrhea. The final characteristic of EBOV is uncontrollable haemorrhage, which leads to death as victims fall into shock related to the immense amount of blood lost (Cohen 2004 and Ledgerwood et al.2011)."

Ah, so Ebola causes hearing loss... and what is a typical symptom of hearing loss?? I wouldn't be tinnitus, would it?

But imagine having hearing loss, tinnitus, feeling like crud, and having your intestines turned into mush... yeah, I'd say Ebola is worse than tinnitus. And unlike tinnitus, Ebola has the potential to wipe out humanity.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Haha. Unreal...the arrogance you have....

If you think you can make calls like this, you must have serious god complex.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      Unreal arrogance you have to think that your tinnitus is even remotely on the same-level as tinnitus. Tinnitus isn't the worst thing in the world. Get over it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      How do you know they do? No one knows...a lot of a matter a fact statements around here with no back up.

8. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I didn't say that once...I have no clue what you are referring to?

You seem to be a little lost in this discussion.

9. Michael2013
      Happy

Michael2013 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2013
      I wasn't referring to myself. I am sure Craig's was worse than mine. But many others on here described all the pain, struggle, suicidal thoughts and severity of their own and by any definition their tinnitus is BAD. Yet over time, a few years in some cases, they managed to find a way to live with it. That's not my opinion, that's a fact. You can't do that with ebola. Ebola will kill you.

10. Michael2013
      Happy

Michael2013 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2013
      Go read the success stories. There are lots of them, and many have what they describe as severe tinnitus.

If you want to pretend that we can't know that those successes are people with severe tinnitus, then the same should be said about Craig. Maybe he had mild tinnitus and Hyperacusis but it was his depression that ultimately took him. We will never know, right?

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      Either I'm a little lost in the discussion or you are. Did you not say that I cannot determine which is worse between severe tinnitus and Ebola unless I had both? It sure sounds like you're putting tinnitus up there with Ebola if that's the case.

12. jss
      No Mood

jss Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    13. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      I think some people are just so desperate for a cure for tinnitus, and it has such control over their lives that they have a hard time imagining anything worse. And I totally understand that. But that doesn't mean we can lose sight of the fact that there are worse things.

14. Michael2013
      Happy

Michael2013 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2013
    15. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      Some people's tinnitus goes away completely. Some people have had relief from retigabine, Mpt claims total relief or pretty close to it. For some people habituation is all they need and tinnitus never interferes with their life again, etc.

Sure, with medical advances a condition that would be worse than tinnitus may eventually become better than tinnitus. But as of where we stand right now in 2014, Ebola is worse than tinnitus. If a cure/vaccine/or very effective treatment ever came out for Ebola, then perhaps tinnitus will be worse. But we're not to that point yet.

16. jss
      No Mood

jss Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    17. Michael2013
      Happy

Michael2013 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2013
      I hope you are right. But there is no proof of how effective this will be. Not everybody who has taken this drug has lived. There is no conclusive proof yet unfortunately.

18. Ilija
      Breezy

Ilija Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud gig/year of loud headphone usage.
      Why can't you agree that most conditions suck dick and stop acting like a bunch of children fighting over which is worse.
      There is no worse, severe Tinnitus for some takes away life itself just like Ebola, Ebola literally turns your insides into mush.
      Both suck and both should and will be cured now please stop fighting, if I wanted to see people fighting on the internet I'd go and read fucking YouTube comments.
      This well to me at-least presents a site where people behave nicely to each other with compassion,support,dignity and so on.
      Not bullshit fights about one condition being worse than the other.
      I won't say anything about Craig (God rest his soul) being weak for killing himself, or how Ebola is better than severe Tinnitus because that's not how the world works.
      I know if I had jet planes inside my head I would get depressed and angry and would probably end up killing myself because I'm simply not strong enough to handle that, to those who are I applaud you you have way more strength than me but if we were all the same no one would have Tinnitus because we would have the same shit that other people who don't have Tinnitus have.
      On the other side everyone would have Tinnitus and there would be a cure within 2 years because everyone would want a cure including the doctors.
      Sometimes I think like an evil villain and imagine giving everyone in the world Tinnitus (not sever though) in order to make the doctors and researchers work hard towards a cure.
      Stop fighting, both conditions suck, both will have a cure in due time and that's it, now I'm going to go watch Sherlock because I'm finally calmed down a bit.
      Good night gentleman, and ladies :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      Sometimes it's not about desire, but ability. Everyone ages and dies, but there is no cure for aging and death. Though, most people don't want to age (after a certain point) and most people don't want to die. Though, every single person ages and dies, including the doctors and scientific researchers.

So my point is that even if everyone had tinnitus and everyone wanted a cure for it, that isn't a guarantee a cure would happen.

But, for what it's worth, I do think tinnitus is curable and will be eventually.

20. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yes...you can not determine this, nor can I. That's been my point all along. Maybe re-read our convo?

If that's your opinion, that's great. But to run around making statements like they are facts is ridiculous.

The actual FACT is nothing is worse or better...it's the individual experience that matters.

• Agree Agree x 1
    21. jss
      No Mood

jss Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dr. Richard Sacra (TKM-Ebola) Dr. Kent Brantly and Nancy Writebol are proof it can be effective. They are cured.
      Dr. Richard Sacra was given TKM-Ebola both drugs (ZMapp also) have shown the ability to cure the disease.

Its just a matter of time before they are implemented into a workable treatment.

You can't say that for Tinnitus.....

22. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Just because something is deadly doesn't necesseraly mean it's the worst thing that can possibly happen.
      I'm sorry if this is not what some may want to hear, but I would choose ebola any second over this shit life.
      Suffering from this 24/7 is worse than dying, dying would be a blessing.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 2
    23. jss
      No Mood

jss Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe that Ebola is a false flag operation. Not only is Obama negligent, he is not following federal guidelines and procedures according to several sources. This has led to some federal employees to assert that Ebola is a manufactured crisis. If the proper procedures were being enforced, we would see the following response from government in response the Ebola case in Dallas:

1. The National Guard would seal off any area connected to an Ebola outbreak.
      2. Health authorities would redirect the population to hospitals, churches and schools.
      3. The redirected population would be screened for possible infection or contamination.
      4. All uninfected individuals in said area would be forcibly vaccinated.
      5. There would be no travel allowed, in or out, of the area connected to the outbreak.
      6. The geographic source area of the outbreak, if foreign, would be banned from travelers coming into the U.S., or travelers leaving!
      Did anything close to these procedures happen in Dallas? It is very difficult to conclude that Ebola is not a false-flag type of manufactured crisis.

A spectacular disease that gains a lot of attention, but is incapable of killing a large number of people, is ideal for false-flag manipulations of public opinion. One of the leading indicators of a false flag is disproportion between the event's massive public relations impact and the feeble reality of the alleged threat.

This pattern has existed for centuries.

• Agree Agree x 1
    24. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Nope...never said this. Again making statements like they are facts. Again re-read our convo.

25. Blair14
      Tired

Blair14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
    26. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      This is a insult to me, and and I would think to everyone else here who is struggling looking for support.

If it's this easy for you, why are you here? To downplay peoples suffering and stir up stupid debates about what is worse and better?

• Agree Agree x 2
    27. Michael2013
      Happy

Michael2013 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2013
      You sure do believe in a lot of different conspiracy theories. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on WTC Tower 7. :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    28. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Good point...Not only that, but there is a 10-40 percent survival rate with no vaccination at all.

29. jss
      No Mood

jss Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I agree Telis, its insulting. No one walks in each others shoes or knows someone else's level of suffering.

30. Michael2013
      Happy

Michael2013 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2013
      It's simply people expressing opinions and thoughts you don't agree with. The earlier poster has it right, this debate is stupid.