False Security?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Craggy 65, May 7, 2015.

1. Craggy 65
      Amazed

Craggy 65 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Trauma
      I thought I was improving with my emotional reaction to my 2 month old t,but it has now increased in volume and stayed like this for 2 days now,was I fooling myself?i am starting to get panicky again.Any advise?

2. Just take it easy Craggy, i think i had my worst period 2-4 months into it. 2 steps forward and 3 back, it´s a bumpy road but you will get there. Just try to relax and stay as busy as you can.

3. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      Same boat here although I started to get better days

4. Richard Wallace
      Thinking

Richard Wallace Member

Hi Craggy, the spike you mentioned isn't uncommon with a lot of folk's here including myself. They do sometimes tend to make a person more anxious. Take comfort my friend, you're not alone with these things you described. Just hang in there and try to stay busy. Things hopefully will improve for you..... God Bless...... Rich Wallace

5. Richard Wallace
      Thinking

Richard Wallace Member

Hi Rina, I believe I read a couple of your posts from before when things weren't going as well. I'm glad to hear you are getting some better days! God Bless....... Rich

6. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Thats what happens. Early on with T every day is bad. Then as time passes, you mix in a good day here and there. But the bad days do return for the most part. Then as more time passes, more good days mix in with the bad days and so on. You will get to a point where you might even have more good days than bad days and some times you regress.

However, one day you won't care as much. I know what is hard to believe at this point but it's true and regardless of if you are having a good (low T day) or bad (high T day), you won't really care that much either way. Sure you prefer the low T day but you will reach a point when even the bad days don't bother you that much and not even close to as much as it did during the early days.

7. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      I agree completely with @erik, folks. I will "celebrate" my two-year anniversary with tinnitus at the end of this month. Hard to believe. In the beginning, I was close to suicidal. Today, about as bad as it gets is extremely annoying. I know its hard to imagine this when you are in your early T days and life seems so bleak. I could not fathom it myself. But hang in there. Honestly, it DOES get better.

• Like Like x 1
    8. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies