Favourite Video Games?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Danny Boy, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Hunszi
      Alone

Hunszi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 (got worse in 20,21)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I`ve missed out Far Cry 4, but today I just found an extraordinary discount, so I just bought the Complete Edition set for just 19 EUR. I guess I`ll visit the Himalaya this weekend :)

2. MatthijsDJ
      Mellow

MatthijsDJ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No root cause found, most likely stress...
      XboxO

At first it thought that it was more of the same; but small changes in the game play makes it more realistic. Some reviewers are saying that it's too realistic; which can be a deal breaker for the more casual gamer..

3. Hunszi
      Alone

Hunszi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 (got worse in 20,21)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I`m planning to purchase as well, but I`m not sure yet. Worth it?

I really like FIFA, but currently I`m hesitating between FIFA and the new NFS, because the terrible Juventus took my money 2 days ago :D

4. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      That sounds good to me, I'm not a fan of the pace spamming or those ridiculous long balls that fall to the feet of the attacker and tear the defence apart. I have also suffered much rage in 15 when my defence inexplicably run / jump away from the ball and leave things wide open.

5. derpytia
      Pooptoast

derpytia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014 (many increases since then)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Progressive hearing loss / noise / ETD
      Just replayed Journey today. That game is ridiculously beautiful to the point it makes me cry. Also very relaxing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. spingee
      Wtf

spingee Member

will have to try it, heard many good things about it

7. Silvio Sabo
      Pooptoast

Silvio Sabo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise - I think

I'm a big FIFA fan as well (and all kind of sports games really). FIFA 16 is being played almost everyday in my house on PS4 :p I also enjoy FIFA 16 more than any other version of it. I think it's more realistic. In previous years pace abuse has been a big issue. Especially in FIFA 12 and FIFA 13 where it was just ridiculous.

I also enjoy Call of Duty (all versions) I actually accredit FPS games as one of the big reasons I got tinnitus to begin with. I might have had the volume a tiny bit too loud in my headphones prior to the onset of my tinnitus.

I would really recommend you start playing. At least for me sometimes it gets me through the day. When I'm feeling like I just want to break something and scream at the top of my lungs because T. is kicking my butt I turn on my PS4 and disappear into another world for a while.

If you want to think less of your T. just keep busy. Do things. If I just sit in my couch and think about my T. I get crazy. So I try to stay busy ALL THE TIME. Then at the evening I take my medication that puts me to sleep, wake up the next morning and repeat. And after a while you start feeling better and better.

Just stay busy. That's the best thing for me. That would be my advice at least.

8. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sounds perfect to me. I had a surprise yesterday when I found a £23 trade in voucher in my wallet I'd forgotten I had so may get a copy this week.

I've bought all the CoD's, though the last one left me pretty cold. Promised a lot and didn't do it for me. I like the single player campaigns for the wow factor, even though I buy it for online play, the last one was truly awful for me. Online was the worst I've played for lag (compensation), so many kill cams that were way off what actually happened. I'm undecided about Black Ops 3, what's your thoughts on it?

9. Silvio Sabo
      Pooptoast

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise - I think
      Don't you just love when that happens! Remember the old days when there were few credit cards and everyone still used paper money? And then putting on a pair of jeans or a jacket you haven't worn in months and then finding money in one of the pockets you forgot you had? :) It's the modern version of that I think.

I have bought almost all of them also and of course the last one as well. It took some of time for me to get used to the exo-skeleton features. I remember not playing it for a while because it was just stupid to have flying opponents killing you from the sky and you could do nothing about it. Bu after I got up in levels a bit and started using it my self it got better and I could enjoy the game somewhat. But I still don't like it.

I think the best CoD was the first Modern Warfare. I played that thing until the disc was all worn out :p

I will probably get Black Ops 3 but I generally don't like the Black Ops branch that much. I think Modern Warfare are the best ones.

10. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Add me on psn : majeedak47 I play Fifa 16 as well

11. MatthijsDJ
      Mellow

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That was so ***** annoying. Just happened once to me in 16 so far, I guess because I pushed the wrong button :).

I like as it because it's getting closer to "real football". End of story for the guys that knew a lot of tricks, you also need to have some football insight.

Maybe in the future they can base the IA on other players, like Forza is doing.

12. MatthijsDJ
      Mellow

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      IA must be AI...

13. hoper
      Lonely

hoper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      pe1KxLP.gif

• Funny Funny x 1
    14. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      Battlefield 3. Metro and Grand Bazaar maps only.

Considering the latest Star Wars Battlefront.

15. Asvalian
      Chatty

Asvalian Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      25/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown at the moment, prob hearing lost/stress.
      :O so many people playing games here! I used to play a ton of League of legends for 3 years, now I barely play it, other games that I played are Far cry 3 (Vaas is the best villian of the series in my opinion), BF3, BF4, ALL WARCRAFT GAMES!, god I just LOVE that franchise, still playing Warcraft 3 sometimes and I would say it's probably my favourite game when it comes to history simply because I love fantasy games.

But at the same time if I'm completly honest I can't really say which game I would choose as my "favourite game" since I like diferent games for diferent reasons, sometimes I just want to log in, shoot some stuff and log out, sometimes I like to play for a few hours exploring, (games like skyrim or the new Fallout 4 are exelent for exploring type gamers), sometimes I just want to enjoy an engaging history in a videogame.

And right now I'm waiting to get into Overwatch beta...

(And hopefully one day I will work designing characters or weapons for one of your future favourite games! XD)

PD: I almost forgot sometimes I play games not just for the gameplay or mechanics but because the music is just soooooooo good, not even tinnitus can stop me from enjoying that! HA

• Like Like x 1
    16. derpytia
      Pooptoast

derpytia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014 (many increases since then)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Progressive hearing loss / noise / ETD
      I'm in Fallout hell currently xD

• Like Like x 2
    17. marqualler
      Nerdy

marqualler Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / Mild Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      Anybody play NBA2K? I am playing as the Timberwolves a lot lately and moving up the ranking boards. I love to have my guys dunk all over players that pick the Cavs or the Clippers ☺

I've never played FIFA 16 but always here great things about it so I may check it out.

I play in a Madden league with four of my friends and we are about at the same point in our season as the real life NFL. Actually our league is more interesting than the real life thing and we share our most hilarious plays with each other on YouTube.

Hit me up on PS4 -- my username is qualler.

18. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have an inkling that Santa may be getting it for me.

Used to play Madden back in the Megadrive days, me and my brother used to fight like hell with that game. Our Mum banned us from playing together when she was around. Something about sports games maybe, replicating the intensity without the physical outlet.

• Like Like x 1
    19. marqualler
      Nerdy

marqualler Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / Mild Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      I love that game. So beautiful! The ending is just gorgeous.

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am playing Ori & The Blind Forest -- very good.

21. Kotve
      Dumb

Kotve Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck / Jaw
      I do spend a lot of time on WOT (world of tanks) EU server mainly

22. Silvio Sabo
      Pooptoast

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise - I think
      I will :)

23. @marqualler , Yes i do. I play with The Hornets, the game is really a challenge vs cpu on superstar sim or hof sim. Little bit to much lagg online at times. The guy i use to play against always uses The Wolves, Wiggins is really awesome in this game

• Like Like x 1
    24. Blackbird26

Blackbird26 Member

Journey..I love it so much I recently went to see if the creators were possibly making a second one..Guess not, but they are in the process of making another game.

25. Zorro!
      Wtf

Zorro! Member

One of my favorites is Fallout 3. Amazing game, simply amazing. I know they just released Fallout 4 but I don't own a PS4 yet so it's gonna be awhile before I play it.

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      It's all about Uncharted 4 next year. Love Naughty Dog ^_^.

• Like Like x 1
    27. John G

John G Member

I dont own any of the newer systems.I own the xbox 360. I was thinking about getting a ps4 but I hate the feel of the ps4 controller.I borrowed my brothers ps4 for a week but couldnt get comfortable with that controller. I dont like the placements of the analog sticks. I love the xbox 360 controller.

Maybe it takes more time getting used to the ps4 controller because I am so used to the xbox 360 controller analog stick placement?.

I want to buy the xbox one but so many people say PS4, but is there really much difference in regards to graphics,framerate etc between the 2 systems?...I am kind of lost in that stuff. Also,I prefer the feel of the xbox one controller over the PS4 controller.

28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Oh....Wait a second? You're forgetting that Nintendo is releasing a new home console this year. Can't wait! Also Playstation VR this year.

29. AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety, Insomnia, and a Fan at Night
    30. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      I'm playing Uncharted 3 now PS4. Fun game.... Are the others fun? I have the Uncharted Legacy pack.