Feeling Frustrated

Discussion in 'Support' started by Holly1987, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Holly1987

Holly1987 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi there

Around one month ago I developed moderately loud ringing in my right ear, occasionally moving to my left. I suffer from systemic lupus and thought perhaps this may be the cause. My rheumatologist checked my bloods and my lupus is in remission and all blood results were perfect. I also had an mri which came back clear and a hearing test that was perfect. No loud music, colds, infections etc and I'm only 29. Dr wants to wait it out and see if it will go away.

In the meantime I'm finding it very distressing and am feeling extremely stressed. Does anyone have any advice where to go from here?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

2. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      Maybe check your meds (if any) past/present for ototoxicity. Otherwise "patient history" is the way to go (e.g. noise exposure) in terms of determining the cause of tinnitus - as opposed to obtaining an objective diagnosis.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Holly1987

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I actually have! On the 8th of August I did a 1 week dosage of 300mg of trimethoprim which google tells me can cause tinnitus! Why did my Dr not mention this when he looked at my file! If this is the cause I just spent over $500 on medical bills for nothing.

Thank you so much!

4. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      I'm sorry for what you are going through. I cannot offer any real advice, as I am not knowledgeable enough on these subjects, but I'd suggest asking for a drug to make your ordeal a bit easier, such as Clonazepam, which I and others have found to be helpful. Good luck and I hope that you feel better very soon.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Holly1987

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi again

Well one month has passed and I've now reached the point of feeling rather desperate. My tinnitus has increased steadily and is now increasing difficult to live with. I've lost 10 kgs from the stress. I've read everything possible and know stress isn't helpful, I've tried to stay calm but I'm struggling. It's so bad now I often can't hear the TV over it.

My last blood test revealed I have a slightly under active thyroid and am now on 50 Levothyroxine ( on my 5th day) and this has made it worse. I just don't know what to do any more. My Dr isn't taking it particularly seriously and has basically said I just need to learn to live with it. To be completely honest I feel suicidal at times, it's completely consumed me.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    6. David G
      Movie buff

David G Member

The early stages sucks. I know, I was there. I thought it was the end of the world for me, full of mixed negative emotions, right now your brain is seeing it as something alien so you've got to give it time.

Many people have been where you are now, it's common, it's very difficult to not stress. Do things to distract yourself during the day, it would make you feel a lot better.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Holly1987

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you for your encouraging reply David.