Finally Found the Cure (Don't Waste Your Life Wishing for the Tinnitus to Go Away)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Kazue, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm sick of all these medications and magical potions that claim to take away tinnitus.

Wanna know the real cure?

Well here it is. It's called living your life like before. Don't sit there and waste your time trying to wish away something.

Things happen for a reason.

You have T because you have the capability to rise over it. You have the ability to not let take over your life. I am 15 years old. I got T very suddenly 4 weeks ago. I could no longer enjoy music, the only thing that keeps me sane. I went to the hospital. Told me I was fine, it was a minor sinus infection, and gave me antibiotics. 2 weeks later, my T is still here. The antibiotics caused more problems such as constipation. Medicine just causes more problems.

Yeah, I might have broke down a few times and cried. My grades at school were slipping because I was depressed. No music for a while. The thing I love has stabbed me in the back.

But you know what, I'm still living my life. I go to the movies often, I still listen to music, I write and draw in silence.

I have over 60 years to live. I'm not going to let a small inconvenience mess up my future. I am going to do the things I love.

I am no longer looking for a cure anymore. I am not taking anymore medicine for allergies and sinuses; or whatever else they claim is causing this problem.

I am living and loving life just as I did before. I hope you guys too.

• Like x 11
      • Agree x 3
      • Hug x 2
      • Winner x 2
      • Helpful x 1
      • Funny x 1
    2. Cityjohn
      Inspired

Cityjohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5:10 PM 03/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Scombroid food poisoning.
      Why does it have to be one or the other?

3. Stakovic

Stakovic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Change the title of this thread please ?

4. ReyKalinic

ReyKalinic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably vestibular neuritis in summer 1999
      troll

• Agree Agree x 4
    5. The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Current Theory: Neck injury (Tendonitis @ trap/SCM junction)
      Agree.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      • Funny Funny x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      May you explain?

• Funny Funny x 1
    8. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Happy for you.

Meh.

9. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Congrats Kazue.
      youve reached acceptance. So many who have habituated state that the turning point for them is the moment of acceptance.

Enjoy your life and thanks for the positive post

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    10. grate_biff
      In pain

grate_biff Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma using headphones
      What an idiot!

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you. I meant this as a positive story but it seems like some people were looking for an actual remedy. Thank you for understanding. I try to be optimistic. Good luck with your T.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks for the love. (y) I feel honored.

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Beste How'd you get your T? It sounds terrible. I wish the best of luck for you.

14. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Thankyou for sharing. Honestly, your positivity is inspiring. So well done you ☺

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    15. drox
      Pacman

drox Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden hearing loss/music/stress
      I thought like you!
      Then I went to a party without earplugs...
      Then real hell started!
      Protect your ears ever...

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    16. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Was kinda excited there for a minute, but now not anymore. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      i think there is a lot of hate around here.
      you need to take the consideration that the OP is 15 and have a different outlook
      that other tinnitus suffer.
      sometimes you have to be understanding
      and dont be hurtful on your comments, we all are in this together.
      lets respect each others outlook and perspective.

• Agree Agree x 10
      • Like Like x 7
    18. shadbek

shadbek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Hi, how is your Tinnitus? Is it getting any better?

19. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      This is success for Kazue so it should be in the success stories section. For most of us it is the only type of success we will ever know!

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    20. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      Just be careful to not make it worse. Because it can get much much worse if you don't respect your T. Live your life but find a balance.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    21. Mentos

Mentos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, loud rock concert
      @Kazue
      Happy for you that you manage to see it this way. I also do all the things that should make me happy, in particular work, read books, watch movies, listen to music, spend nice weekends and vacations with my wife, planning to have a baby with my wife etc. . The only difference between us is I don't or I can't enjoy these thins to full extent because of the anxiety I experience related to T. Being constantly anxious makes my every day a battlefield when I have to control my emotions and not let panick attacks and anxiety control my whole day. I've always been prone to anxiety and pretty nervous person, so T being additional irritant makes my life difficult. That's why I'm not giving up looking for a solution that would reduce the symptoms. I'm gonna try ear electrostimulation, laser therapy, rTMS and whatever is there even with just anectodal evidence of efficacy. Is it bad that if you suffer you look for any possible solution for a relief? In my opinion no. I miss silence and I don't think anything can change that. Meanwhile I try to live my life as normal as possible doing things I used to like prior T.
      All the best to you in managing T, hope you can find internal peace with T which I have difficulties to experience.

• Like Like x 1
    22. Cityjohn
      Inspired

Cityjohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5:10 PM 03/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Scombroid food poisoning.
      I lead a perfectly pleasant life, and while I'm studying I still spend time on fixing tinnitus from every angle possible. You and many others make it seem like you have to choose either one or the other, but these are not logically mutually exclusive...

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Winner Winner x 1
    23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Mentos

Yes, you are correct. There is nothing wrong with living your life while searching for a cure. I personally don't think that way. T is a part of me that I don't want to erase. All these bullshit pills and surgeries either help you or not. I do not like the uncertainty of these so called remedies. So, I live life without worrying about the "what ifs". You worry yourself self doing that. That's what feeds T. Anxiety. Fear. Constantly questioning. I choose to walk in life with my T until the day I die. However if you have a different mindset, that's fine. Good luck with your T. I wish for nothing but success in your life.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      There's nothing wrong with that. Try to help people who's doesn't have a positive mindset. Find a cure for the people with weak mental health and can't accept things like T, thrown at them. I fully support that.

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Wow, some of you guys act like kids my age. Grow up please. Some of people are 2 times older than me, be a respectful figure for the younger community. What are you guys, pre schoolers? Bashing a teenager who lives life to the fullest potential. You need to accept this condition. If it wants to leave, it will. You were giving T because you're strong enough to handle it. I am giving you guys a permanent cure that will ease your life and here you are in denial. Anxiety, fear, and stress are all negative emotions. This will indeed drive up your T. If you learn how to control them and live your life, you will be cured of T. T will no longer bother you because you give no fucks about what life throws at you. You guys are so constricted to believing medicine and procedures; and fail to realize power is in the eye of the beholder. You have the power to tell T to shut the fuck up and stay in the background. This is message isn't directed to all of you. And I thank everyone for your support and comments. There are some people who are trapped in illusion and are missing the point. I wish the best for all you guys. Good luck with life.

• Like Like x 7
      • Hug Hug x 1
    26. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Kazue
      Some of the comments on this thread brought a smile to my face and I thank you all for that. I admire Kazue's positivity and zest for life at what the future might hold. And why not, for tinnitus isn't an easy condition to come to terms with, especially within such a short time of just four weeks! We all can remember what life was like at that tender young age - when it's so easy to see the world through rose tinted glasses. So go easy on her..lol... I just hope this optimism isn't short lived, because if Kazue returns to listening to music through headphones, and attends gigs or the movies without using ear protection, then she might return here sooner than she thinks. So please be careful Kazue and I wish you well.
      Michael

• Like Like x 3
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Michael Leigh

Yeah, life was pretty easy before I got T and now it's easier. Optimism is the best option. Once again, I respect your opinion about headphones. However, being the rebellious teenager I am, will continue to listen to music. I am aware of the dangers but I'm not going to let that hold me back. Don't worry, people like me learn best from experience. Music is what got me into this mess in the first place. I simply play music on the lowest level I can hear on my phone while doing homework. My work improves with the help of funky rhythms and beats. I'm actually planning to attend a concert next year. This is something I don't play around with. I will be wearing both musican earplugs and over the head protection. If the the movie theaters are fairly loud, just imagine a concert. I know earplugs aren't going to provide bone protection but whatever. I can die happily after going to this concert.

• Like Like x 1
    28. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      I like Kazue. He/she is always kind even with this tinnitus. Stay positive my friend! ;)

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    29. Madi H

Madi H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure, probably headphones
      I'm 15 too!!! I feel the same way I've had t for over half a year now and I can honestly say I'm just living. I LOVE YOUR PROFILE PIC!! BTS IS MY FAV, I LIKE SUGA THO

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Madi H
      Pls marry me because we have too much in common. Coincidence much? I'm just living too. Loving life. Thanks, I love the picture as well. My bias is Rap Mon but I like the rest of them too. How did you get your T?