Finally Found the Cure (Don't Waste Your Life Wishing for the Tinnitus to Go Away)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Kazue, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Dutchy
      Not worthy

Dutchy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neuronmodulation suggests noise induced?
      Respect the T indeed you have no choice but to listen to it.

• Funny Funny x 1
    2. PatrickG

PatrickG Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punch/kick to the right ear
      Some of you mean well but ahve no idea how deliberating and awful torture 24/7 severe T can be. If you don't have it you don't know it. Believe me, there are people here (including me) who's T is so loud as so intrusive that you hear it above everything. It has nothing to do with attitude or ignoring so please show respect and compassion. You have no idea

• Agree Agree x 8
    3. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      Agree on that one. I also suffer T very loud, high pitched, slightly different pitch in each ear, that never EVER shuts up for a second!! I live with this 24/7/365! I wake up to it, and entertain this monster all day until I can finally fall asleep again. I cannot mask due to hearing loss. I have tried so many things from therapies, drugs, exercise, vitamins etc and still hunt for things that may be of use to at least lower it a tad?? Damn wouldn't that be nice!!

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Hug Hug x 3
    4. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Heyyyyyyyyyy! You flirting with all my girls?? Shame on you! lol OK OK she is only 15, I will stand back and let yea flirt with that one. Anyone 18 or older you must first get my permission lolzzzz

Hope your well bud!!

5. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      Its good to hear positivity. Yet there are far to many variables to think and wish your tinnitus stays in the safe place.
      Sleep, diet, medication, anxiety and depression. My T came on hard and strong I was embroiled in anxiety before I knew what hit me. No sleep lose of weight meds. Tell me please someone how do you get off clonopin without out losing your mine with anxiety? Thank you and bless you all.

6. Userhx35543

Userhx35543 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Machinery and concerts
      I'll tell you this, I agree with the kid. The sooner you faceyhe facts that your T is here to stay, the

• Funny Funny x 1
    7. Userhx35543

Userhx35543 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Machinery and concerts
      Sorry, hit the damn submit button.

As I was saying. Accept it or it will destroy you. Too many threads in here are of people desperate for a cure. There is none. Sorry.

I've had mild T for years. I've lived with it and accepted it.

And before you go off on me, almost a month ago now, I suddenly lost about 30 db in my right ear and my T went from mild to HOLY CRAP! And yes it is still loud and not going anywhere. I hear it over everything. It sucks.

So, if your pissed at a 15 year old for figuring out a way to live with it when you maybe can't, tough shit. Keep your ugly comments to yourself.

Bravo kid, bravo.

Oh, and by the way, I'm 47. I've had my for the better part of 25 years.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    8. The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Current Theory: Neck injury (Tendonitis @ trap/SCM junction)
      The issue here isn't the OP's attitude, it's the misleading title of the thread. It's almost as bad as the scammers who offer "cures."

• Like Like x 1
    9. ofaisalo
      Balanced

ofaisalo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I do believe that tinnitus is different from each one of us
      one can handle and the other cant
      not all of us can take your advice
      I am not talking about myself because I am living normal life with my tinnitus
      thanks to the Gingko its help me a little
      but others suffer with very loud tinnitus and I wish they find cure ASAP

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    10. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      I'm probably the only one here who hasn't been able to leave their home in 6 months and my never until a break thru cure comes out so dont end up like me. Be careful

• Hug Hug x 4
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      You're talking to me like I don't have T. Yes I do and it's high pitched. I can not mask it or it will get louder. Nothing helps. So, I ignore it. That's the only thing I can do. I can tell my T to be quiet because I don't want to listen to that shit all day. I did show respect and compassion. I wasn't rude at all because I don't know what other people are going through. I think on the positive side and you should to. Have a good day.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hehe, okay "Dad". We have so much in common, I had to. I'm doing fine actually. My T has be quieter lately, it's strange. I guess a positive attitude does help. (y)

• Like Like x 2
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Userhx35543

Ah, that sounds unfortunate. I hope that gets better. Did you take any medicine to cause that because that sounds pretty tramatic. Thanks for the post, everyone's getting pretty pissed because they can't accept their condition. Please keep your head up. You should like a bright man.

• Like Like x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Not really. It's all in your perspective. I'm not going to argue with you because that's immature. I'm giving advice that doesn't require medication or tells you to pray. A positive attitude is guaranteed to get your through life. But everyone learns that at their own rate. Good luck with your journey in finding yourself.

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    15. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You tell em Kazue!! Pay them no heed. Keep on being positive and enjoy your life!! Hugs!

• Hug Hug x 1
    16. Userhx35543

Userhx35543 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Machinery and concerts
      When my SSHL attack initially hit, my ENT gave me the standard steroid and anti viral meds. That didn't help. Actually didn't go back to him. Only because all my research showed that there is nothing that can be done.

As far as traumatic, it just sucks that I lost a good portion of my hearing in that ear. I had already lost some of the lower tones in that ear, so losing more in that ear just wasn't quite as hard take as I thought. Truth be told it did take me down a little. Listening to music and conversations hit me harder because now, with too much background noise, it just sounds like noise.

And yes I do understand that there are varying degees of T and that not everyone can handle it. I do feel sorry for them. But that is no reason to call names and belittle someone who found his own " cure" just merely by his acceptance of his situation.

The desperate search for the cure the doesn't exist will bring you down and destroy your life.

I have actually gotten to the point that I use my T to sing me to sleep at night.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    17. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I'm glad you're having good luck with a positive attitude. Some or possibly most people need some kind of help though with meds of some kind according to a ATA support person that has had many years of experience dealing with tinnitus sufferers from all over the world. Everyone is a bit different. Some may need AD's, anti-seizure meds, or possibly mood stabilizers.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    18. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm going to darn well sit here and wish this would all go away!! So NA!

19. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If you don't make this go away for me, I'm taking my toys and going home!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    20. snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think pressure to jaw. I don't know.
      how do you tolerate this ?!!!!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    21. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @snow47 . Hi. It's all about mindset some can tolerate tinnitus and some cannot. Basically that's it.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    22. Zug
      Woot

Zug Member Benefactor

Dude, you're 15! Get friendly with her on Facebook, give it a couple of years, live your life a little, and than in some years you can think about getting a ball and chain, I mean, a wife :D

23. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excellent question.

Unfortunately the answer is....... TIME! It takes a long time to finally wave the white flag and allow this to be a part of your life. I went thru everything you have all gone thru, possibly even went thru more with the hearing loss that cost me my job and many friends. Depression, stress bigtime, anxiety thru the roof, sleepless nights (once went 5 days straight no sleep), dark thoughts of ending it all, you name it. I was a mess, had a small breakdown once over this.

I got tired of allowing this to ruin whats left of me. Comes a time you pick up the pieces and move on. I live with 2 steam whistles now. They are my whistles and no one else can hear them but me. I cannot mask. I tried any treatment I could with my condition(s). Today I cope well. It has ruined my old life but I carry on with this new life now.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    24. barbb

barbb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Do u also have H MikeP505 ? Is your T loud?

25. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Barbb.

Well yes I suffer H in my right ear. Not as bad as many of the members here do, thank goodness. You see, I had a surgery on my kidney and the renal drugs are what cost me my hearing and raised my tinnitus. Just woke up 2 days after surgery and "poof" ears felt plugged and ringing nasty. The rest is history. I have just a bit of hearing in my right ear. I can hear sirens, alarms, dishes in the sink, loud bangs etc. These noises hurt. I live with it now and decided to cope with it.

• Like Like x 1
    26. Don H

Don H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2009
      Hello Everyone and especially Kazue. Listen everyone. My T is as brutal as anyone's. But believe me when I say this. Science will produce treatments that will dramatically improve the symptoms of Tinnitus. My Father had Parkinson's Disease ten years ago and there was no meds, nothing, zilch. My Buddy's Dad was just diagnosed and the meds he has been given are dramatically improving his symptoms. Breakthroughs in Neuroscience will crack the codes sooner than you think.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 3
    27. barbb

barbb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      MikeP505 my H isn't as bad as some of the others either......
      But my T is very loud24/7
      I don't let it stop me from doing anything either.....
      Love your attitude... it's the way to go.....even if it is hard....

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    28. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You must have the right attitude or this devil will consume every part of your life and destroy it. Good to hear your coping well now Barbb.

A phrase I always liked in the movie Gladiator........

Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back.

I suppose this goes for everything life throws at you. Hang tough everyone and smile.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    29. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      In this life something is gonna get you especially as you cross the magic 50 barrier. There are worse things than T (though try telling that to me at 2am on a sleepless night!)

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    30. Tamalak
      Volatile

Tamalak Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2011
      Nope. After 4 years of trying I figured out what was causing my T and fixed it. T is gone. No "moving on and trying to ignore it". And let me tell you there is no substitute for actual cessation of the problem.
      T is a physical problem. It is a problem with the physical stuff we are made of. Stuff can be fixed.

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1