First Human Head Transplant by 2017

Discussion in 'Research News' started by amandine, Mar 1, 2015.

1. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      First human head transplant is apparently going to be possible by 2017....

A cure for T maybe? Or would people wake up with T after this? who knows but fascinating stuff anyway.......

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/290127.php

http://www.newscientist.com/article...t-could-happen-in-two-years.html#.VPMGc3wghVk

Prior to this experiments were carried out on dogs and primates....

Any one anything to say about this?
      Do you agree with this science or not and would you do it if it could get rid of your T....in other words a new body and no T....

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      The ears and brain are parts of the head arent they? So yeah, the T would still be there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @lapidus

Obviously that is the case but maybe the shock may get rid of the T?

4. skoupidis

skoupidis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma or mvc
      Should be called body transplant...

Doing this extreme think when your body works fine and hoping that the shock would get rid of T is silly. No doctor would do that. But we may get answers because my guess is that many old people will try this to rejuvenate and they may have tinnitus.

If this ever happens. We are talking about Frankenstein stuff!

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      Technically, calling it a body transplant would be more accurate because the head is representative of the person receiving the new body part. But be careful, it's not a whole body transplant. That term is usually used to describe a procedure in which the brain of one organism is transplanted into the body – and skull – of another.

http://www.newscientist.com/article...-ask-about-head-transplants.html#.VPMIz3wghVk

6. Harold
      Cheerful

Harold Member

Tinnitus Since:
      HEAD TRANSPLANT HUH>>>>>>WOW >>>IF THAT WORKS IT WOULD HELP SO MANY PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD>>>> Think of all those DUMB and UGLY men around the world.. Happy faces will abound......This reminds us all of the Frankenstien movies back in the day.....I've been saying this for 65 years
      that if you can think of something in science or just any advancement in human undertakings like in medicine
      or space frontier ...or even transportation back or forward in time.. it will eventually get done.

My father used to say way back in the day, before even heart surgery was even possible , that if your having a panic attack do to noise in the ears . just pour hot melted WAX on your head and you will forget the T...so back in that day , im not sure they even called the ear noises Tinnitus yet.....Kind of like the advent of PTSD instead of war shock......So much has come such a long way and yet the people and some world leaders , are still looking to take over countries and people are looking to get rid of mass populations they simply feel they do not like.....Hoe terrible that hate and beheading people has to take place after so many diseases are cured and life extention is the new great reality. WE can only hope that our politicians are smarter than the potential destruction by making MILITARY decisions of the worse kind.....With the Military in my opinion ..doing nothing or little or less that whats really needed could be devastating ......What was really needed was not to take men out of war related countries and ISIS gathering countries etc......but to put in a few MILLION soldiers with early bombing on a long campaign ......You can not kill millions of sewer rats by simply putting metal garbage cans to try and starve
      them out...They will find another way to grow and prosper as long as they are alive....You have to get down there and just get rid of the whole population and visually make a positive note of it! so it should go for world terrorism....

Talking about ISIS beheadings and being able soon to reattach a human head ....you would think that ISIS may think twice about beheading people....The world should chop all the heads off the terrorists that make the world safe again to raise children in.WE HUMANS are but tenants sharing a world revolving in space....Like a town house with very bad tenants , we should get rid of them, ( ISIS) but with out a court notice...

7. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      progressive tinnitus, time of expiring in next 3-6 months

I have perfect body, perfect organs, all blood checks perfect, only tinitus, so i can die and give my body to someone

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    8. Jesse Pinkman
      Badass

Jesse Pinkman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      If they could do this it would be a cure for most desiases. All cancers exept the ones in your head and lots of other desiases. I have my doubts about this tho....

9. MarioT
      No Mood

MarioT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress + SSRI medication
      Lol... it never seizes to amaze me how ridiculously much this illness sucks

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. tomm
      Thinking

tomm Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (club drumming)
      Imagined a horrendous image of the neck scar after having a head transplant, bleugh! :eek:

Nerves and blood vessels don't just connect up magically (as we know!), I can't imagine how that problem will be solved without science fiction nanobots fixing everything up - by which point transplants will be pretty unnecessary :joyful:

They mention olfactory ensheathing cells though - came across those during my web wandering. Regenerating nerves from your nose they use to repair spinal cords. Maybe it might helps ears one day.

11. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have strong doubts that the rest of your nerves would work happily talking to an entirely different brain. Think about a car, if you need to replace part of the frame 10 years in, the alignment gets thrown off and is just not correctable, because the whole frame has worn together, and a new part just doesn't work. the nervous system outside of the brain is incredibly complex, you have a boatload of neurons in your gut, and the idea that someone else's gut could talk to my brain correctly seems... questionable.

• Agree Agree x 5
    12. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      you are all funny, it is so rich people dont die

transporting brain with tinnitus inside whats use of it?

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    13. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Well, first you would replace the body and then get a new head !

No...wait !

• Funny Funny x 6
      • Like Like x 1
    14. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      What about the soul!!!!!

haha

15. jeffie7
      Wishful

jeffie7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2003
      Question is, where do you get the good donor body from? If it's a donor it means that person died. Normally that's a sign that the dead person had something bad happen to them.

best case is head trama from something like a simple fall. But my guess is 395749473 people would be on the donor list with 1 good body popping up from time to time.

Being a white dude. It would be cool to have a black body so I can honestly say I'm black from the waist down. Giggity giggity.

• Funny Funny x 5
    16. Mark Beehre
      Facebooking

Mark Beehre Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2008 // 11/2014
      mzl.imxavlol.320x480-75.jpg

Bring on 2017....lol

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    17. Silvio Sabo
      Pooptoast

Silvio Sabo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise - I think
      Probably from someone that's in a vegetative state. Where the brain is fried but the body is unharmed. The problem with this might be that it might get even harder to get organs for peaople that just need one organ replaced if old rich people start transplanting heads/bodies.

Or perhaps we might see bodies from people on death row in third world countries having their bodies taken upon execution.

18. Calories
      Surrender

Calories Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      B12 Difficiency, Possibly salycilic poising from fenugreek and ginger
      Why can the cochlea be transplanted :dunno: that would cure at-least deafness

• Agree Agree x 2
    19. Silvio Sabo
      Pooptoast

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise - I think
      Well there is cochlear implats that pretty much work the same way.

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      and in some as has been reported on this forum by a member gives increased terrible tinnitus sometimes............sigh!

• Agree Agree x 1
    21. Silvio Sabo
      Pooptoast

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise - I think
      Yeah but it cures deafness. There isn't much that says that people would not end up getting tinnitus with cochlear transplants.

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. JeffDamsko

JeffDamsko Member

Tinnitus Since:
      This be called a body transplant rather than a head transplant. Calling it a head transplant sounds as if one is getting a new head. ..

23. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Jesse you have such nice face and head it would be waste you give your body, and if you take someones body then you keep tinnitus. You are just like some famous pop singer.

24. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Yes, that is the question. I have perfect hearing but I want to ask. If I get cochlear implant, will I be tinnitus free?

And they are now planning to head transplant but no cure or treatment for tinnitus. Do not tell me tinnitus is so complex! No. No it is not. There is just no enough studies going on. We need to tell those freaking scientist that they could get a nobel.

25. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Everyday I wake up I am glad its another day closer to death, habituation or cure. Without the last two who in their right minds would want to bother trying to extend life with transplants, cryogenics etc. Sometimes the thought of non-being is bliss.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    26. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Where have you got this idea that you would be tinnitus free with cochlear implant? No you wouldn't be and nobody would operate and install a cochlear implant for you if your hearing is perfect!

You think they don't know that already? Not to mention that researchers aren't in it for the fame and money....

You are hoping for unrealistic leaps, when you have to realize that any cure will take maaaaaanyyyyy years! Are you going to waste your best years being frustrated about it here or move on and try find acceptance?

PS how come did you rate your tinnitus 8 / 10 even thou you can't hear it outside?

27. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Hi there
      Unfortunately I have more than T since I got my T from benzo w/d. I have head buzzing. So I cannot hear my T outside but I can feel it. And it is already the sensation is driving me crazy not the sound.

I never said I would be T free if I got a cochlear implant. I asked if it is possible since I have put a question mark at thr end of my sentence. I'm living in Turkey. Doctors have absolutely no clue about T. This is why I ask questions to you guys frequently. I believe in your statements not the bs the doctors saying.

Unfortunately I could not see any study going on about electrical treatment for tinnitus in Clinical Trials. I know the largest trial on this subject took place in 1987. So if they did something else about it, we would know it now.

Anyways.
      I have my T for 4 months now and I'm trying my best to endure it. But as I said before this is not the sound puts me end of my rope, this is the buzzing!

28. Vaba
      Shitfaced

Vaba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Gradual, Progressive
      What we need is for a miracle geneticist to unlock the lost evolutionary ability of mammalian hearing regeneration. The inner ear does not even have the genetic framework to repair itself. Then, maybe, when it received stem cells, it would know what to do with them.

Also if your head was transplanted onto another body, you would STILL have your broken auditory system and your brain. The entirety of the auditory system is contained within the head. Other than how this thread exposes what inane, pointless adventures medical scientists are wasting millions of dollars on right now, it's silly.

• Like Like x 2
    29. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      All we need is brain transplant then.

30. Aaron123

Aaron123 Member

Tinnitus Since: