Found a Set of Supplements That Reduced Tinnitus by More Than 70%

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Nick M, Apr 4, 2019.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nick M

Nick M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      Yea, turmeric does that. I also heard that if you overdose on turmeric, your skin temporarily turns a bit yellow :). It's natural though but it's good to see how your body handles it. Some people are allergic to common foods and turmeric isn't an exception. I hope you can eventually work to take the entire combo as I have said before, I had no success taking these individually in the past. Keep us posted and good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Quiet please
      Balanced

Quiet please Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cochlear Endolymphatic Hydrops/Hearing loss
      @Bob den Hartog
      I’m getting mine delivered tomorrow. Little nervous about it spiking the tinnitus as well, but will go for it! Yellow hands? LOL

3. Bob den Hartog

Bob den Hartog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noice induced
      I’ve been taking them for several days now, and nothing has spiked. Neither do I see any clear positive results, but at least nothing is getting worse. And I’ve seen other users who have taken turmeric and only started to see positive results after a week and a half, so we’ll see.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Bob den Hartog
      That’s so great that you’ve had no spikes. It’s a real concern for me. When I get spikes they last for days on end. I’m praying & pulling for you that you find relief & sooner than later!
      I’m literally sitting here with all the supplements in front of me. I’ve been putting it off and not really sure why. I should start tonight. I invested a bunch of money, my tinnitus is doing it usual screaming & I’m still hesitating. Fear of it not working? Of course. Another failure would not help my emotional state right now. Nick M says its working for him. I’m SO happy for him. I want to be happy too. It’s been almost 11 years since I’ve been truly happy for more than maybe an hour at a time. I’m taking them tonight. I will.

5. Bob den Hartog

Bob den Hartog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noice induced
      Since they're basically all natural supplements, I wouldn't worry too much for it to spike your tinnitus. Having gone through the YouTube comments (every single one of them), not one of the users mentioned a spike.

Also, although @Nick M said in his post that you should be seeing results in two days, I wouldn't focus on that too much. The veteran in the video said that results that fast were rare, and you should keep on the program, since you usually see results in a week or several weeks. Nick was just really lucky, but don't panic if nothing happens right away :).

By the way, if you're really worried about spiking, maybe also just take one of them, or some during the day, see what happens?

I also really hope this works for you, and you will get some positive result, one way or the other!

• Like Like x 1
    6. Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Bob den Hartog
      Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. Thru came at just the right time. I will start tonight and wont give up. Will keep in touch.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nick M

Nick M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      Even though I got results by day 2, it could take more or less for others so stick with it. Are you taking everything at once or still experimenting with them individually?

When something so personal and emotional becomes part of your life for so long, some people are afraid to lose it subconsciously even though your conscious finds it distressing. The anxiety of trying this is completely normal.

What’s important is to take them all at once daily at night before bed. Let us know how it goes.

8. Bob den Hartog

Bob den Hartog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noice induced
      I’m taking them at once now. But since we don’t have Natural Calm here, I’ve substituted it with Magnesium pills. Not sure how much of a difference that makes.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    9. Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Nick M
      Yes; I agree. I seem to be like you; I have very high anxiety with this whole tinnitus experience. This of course, makes it worse; intellectually I know that, but...
      I will follow the instructions to the T (pardon the pun). Starting tonight before bed. I’ll let you know.

10. Leodavinci
      Bookworm

Leodavinci Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/26/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic + Sudden hearing loss
      Different forms have very different digestibility and affects. Magnesium Citrate pills seem to give me tingling in the hands and feet. ONE teaspoon (half of a serving) of the Natural Calm makes me dream and sleep like a rock, with the Turmeric and Turmerich, it reduced tinnitus better than anything ever.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Leodavinci
      Glad your tinnitus is reduced.

Do you take the Ginkgo as well?

12. Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I know this is early, but my first report is interesting.

I took the entire supplement regime last night @ 10pm. Fell asleep @ 11pm with ears ringing at about 8-81/2.

I woke up abruptly @ 1:30 am with a whirling type feeling in my chest & with an immediate fight-or-flight feeling. My heart was racing & I was very anxious and felt wobbly. I left the bedroom to sit in the living room with my husband. As I sat there, I continued to feel the whirling sensation in my chest, but honestly didn’t feel it was an emergency situation. I “knew” it was the Turmeric clearing out my bronchial tubes. I have had pretty bad spring allergies this year and at times, have felt tightness along with some shortness of breath this past few weeks. I am on allergy medication, but I was thinking I need an inhaler. Just hadn’t seen the allergist yet. I hate ALL doctors now & put off seeing them at all costs. My bad.

It took about 1/2 hr before it calmed down enough for me to go back to sleep. My Tinnitus was high the entire time. Not surprising due to the anxiety I was feeling.

Slept soundly for another 7 hrs & woke up feeler much better. My chest and breathing is definitely lighter and the feeling of anxiety is mostly gone. The Tinnitus this am was slightly lower; a 7-7 1/2. This is very important, because I usually have my highest Tinnitus upon wakening and going to sleep. Usually it’s a 8-9. At times, a 10.

Conclusion: I’m going to take less of the amount of supplements. Where it’s 2 pills, I’m taking 1. We’ll see what happens tonight.

13. Bob den Hartog

Bob den Hartog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noice induced
      Hmm. You're right, the one I'm taking might not be as successful as the Natural Calm thing. Also because I'm taking tablets, instead of the powder, which apparently works for effectively. I did another search just now, and saw a supplier that delivers in the Netherlands, so we'll see!

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. Bob den Hartog

Bob den Hartog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noice induced
      Oh wow, that post was a rollercoaster of emotions to read! I have to admit that as soon as I saw the part about the anxiety in the middle of the night, I skipped to the last paragraph first of all to see if it had a happy conclusion!

So... as you say the tinnitus was slightly lower this morning - does that happen once in a while? You say usually it is an 8-10, and now it was a 7? Could this be a coincidence? At least now you know this combo doesn't make the tinnitus itself spike, given the calm morning!

So now you know that the turmeric can have this effect, and with the knowledge that this also wears down, if this happens again, you might be able to stay more calm through it? It might be your body is just getting used to it - like you say, the clearing of the bronchial tubes. Good call to take a smaller dose, see what happens, and work up from it!

• Like Like x 1
    15. Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Bob den Hartog
      Reading the post back, I see how I should have started it with “good news”. Sorry for any anxiety I might has given you. We don’t certainly don’t need any more of that!

Yes, tonight I’ll be better prepared if it happens again. But I will definitely start with a lower dose. I’m a smaller person & of course, a woman. The vet in the video is a pretty big guy; it kind of makes sense.

Yes; mornings are the toughest times for me with the tinnitus. Usually screams loudly for 1/2 hr up to 2 hrs. Horrible way to start the day. This morning was lower (for me). It’s still awful, but I actually got out of bed right away. Usually I lay there and have to put the tv or music on to mask it. Didn’t do that this morning. Coincidence? Not sure, but leaning towards no. Here’s hoping tomorrow will be even better.

BTW; I’ve been talking Calm magnesium powder all along & it does work to get to sleep all by itself. The tinnitus is very loud at bedtime too & it’s been a huge help.

• Like Like x 1
    16. Bob den Hartog

Bob den Hartog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noice induced
      Wow, that is VERY good to hear then! Given for @Nick M his progress was also cumulative over the course of his regimen and got better and better, here’s hoping this will be the case for you as well!

And yes, I’m sure you’ll need lower dosages, but you can now take this for a while and see what happens. Chances are very slim it will have any negative T effect now, since it was lower this morning. I’m rooting for you!

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Same for me. Our brain wants to do it's thing every morning upon awakening. I didn't test out the concoction very well yet. I'm a bit worried about an interaction with my prescription meds.

• Agree Agree x 1
    18. Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Bob den Hartog
      Yes! I’m rooting for you too and all the T sufferers who were lucky enough to have read Nick M’s post. I hope many will try. These supplements are not expensive and in this combination are definitely worth a try.

So far.. I’m up 4 hrs and the T has remained the same; still about a 7. For me; this is good. Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    19. Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @just1morething
      I felt the same. I’m on a high blood pressure med & also taking seasonal allergy meds.
      I looked up Turmeric & Ginkgo. I didn’t see any red flags, so I took the leap. Maybe check with your doc. If you trust him or her.

Yes! Mornings are so awful. But this am was by far, the best one I’ve had in about 2-3 years. Honestly.

20. Bob den Hartog

Bob den Hartog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noice induced
      That is REALLY hopeful! If it remains a 7 until bedtime, the next round could maybe make a 6 out of it?

Or that would be wishful thinking... let’s not get ahead of ourselves... At least the first results are positive, so it IS having an effect on you!

• Like Like x 1
    21. Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Bob den Hartog
      It’s an educated guess; but yes, I believe it’s having a positive effect. But I’m trying not to get my hopes up too high. They’ve been dashed before. Coincidences do happen. Or it may be a temporary outcome. I’m trying to remain positive, but neutral. One good thing is my husband says I’m in the best morning mood he’s seen in years. At least he’s happy! LOL

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    22. Bob den Hartog

Bob den Hartog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noice induced
      So if the turmeric was clearing out your bronchial tubes, do you see an improvement in your allergies as well, afterwards? Has that changed?

• Agree Agree x 1
    23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nick M

Nick M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      I woke up and noticed a post storm here. I'm so glad it has been positive for you @Quiet please. I also noticed you mentioned about being on BP meds. I'm also on them which makes our situation that much more similar. I'm on beta blockers to be more specific.

The anxiety you felt may or may not have been from the supplements. The anxiety of trying something new and the known by itself can bring on anxiety and then I'm sure you know how a feedback loop forms and it feeds off itself until panic sets in and you get the fight-or-flight and impending doom feelings... Been there, never want to be there again...

I forgot to update on my progress last week so here goes... I had two days in a row where my tinnitus spiked to a 7 or 8. I could not connect the spike to anything specific this time. If I were to take a wild guess, I would say that it has been due to my sporadic sleep cycles lately. It's funny but when I'm feeling great with almost no tinnitus, I get so full of energy that I then have trouble sleeping wanting to relish every sweet second. This then causes lack of sleep and the tinnitus to be more louder the following day. I need to stop doing this to myself.

Besides the two spike days, my tinnitus and hyperacusis have been really under control. Last night while laying in bed, I told my wife for the first time that I could not hear any tinnitus. It was such a strange feeling laying in almost complete silence when you've had constant tinnitus for almost two years. Of course I wanted to enjoy every moment which made me get very little sleep so today my tinnitus is a level 2. Good sleep should also be listed as required with these supplements. There's nothing more significant than sleep when it comes to my tinnitus level. I need a minimum 9 hours.

@Quiet please keep us posted. I'm excited for your initial positive results!

• Informative Informative x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    24. Bob den Hartog

Bob den Hartog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noice induced
      I do wonder, @Nick M, do you think these results will only hold as long as you are on the regimen, or is there a permanent factor to it? For example, if you were to stop taking these now, would you be going back to the way you were?

My guess would be that given the health and anti-inflammatory qualities of turmeric, there has to be at least some healing here, right? Inflammation doesn’t simply come back once it’s reduced?

25. Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Bob den Hartog
      I wondered about my allergies as well. In New York, USA, the pollen is flying! I just got back from being outdoors for 3 hrs straight & I'm not wheezing nor coughing. That’s a big difference from 2 days ago when I went for a 20 minute walk with a friend & almost collapsed when I got inside. I was wheezing so badly I wanted to make an appt with my allergist to get a prescription for an inhaler. She had recommended one last year, but I was afraid it would raise my blood pressure. So far so good. We’ll see. Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
    26. Bob den Hartog

Bob den Hartog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noice induced
      Oeh, hopefully that spells out good things for my hay fever.

Well, y’know, bad things for the hay fever, good things for me.

(By the way, really, in New York? Does it even have flora?).

27. Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Nick M
      Yes; so far very good. I really want to thank you for initiating this whole experiment. I feel positive and am so happy you’re also getting good results.
      Yes! I’m on a beta blocker as well. The response I got really was like an explosion. It was immediate upon opening my eyes. But with my husbands calm and deep breathing, I got a handle on it & was back in bed in about 1/2 hr. Today was a good day. I’m looking forward to many, many more. God willing. You hit the nail on the head when you said you believe it will help people who’s Tinnitus is related to inflammation. I know mine is. Prednisone helps it. As soon as I’m off it, it comes back worse than ever for quite a while; sheer torment. When my sinuses are swollen it’s horrible too. I take daily year round Flonase, but it really doesn’t help. I had my deviated septum repaired and turbinate reduction surgery. The one thing it did was help keep sinus infections away. I used to get 2-3 per year.
      So tonight’s another experience; I’m hoping it goes well. I’ll let you know!

28. Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Bob den Hartog
      LOL. Yes; we have both flora & fauna. We have rabbits, deer, raccoons, chipmunks, squirrels, etc. I’m about 35 miles north of Manhattan. A nice place called Bedford, NY. Google it!
      But I do have family in Manhattan & there are many parks and many trees in between the sidewalks.

And yes! Hay Fever can go to .. you know where.

29. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      The problem with any vitamin or supplement is there are so many variables to its bioavailability that most of them just don't work. Most supplements are so formulated that their bioavailability is poor and because of this they are unable to provide much if any results. It can be anything from when you take it, dosage, on an empty stomach or with food, dairy or no dairy, do they use mineral salts or magnesium stearate to aid in delivery (most do and it is not good for bioavailability).

Most recent studies show little to no benefit for supplements or vitamins in general -
      https://www.sciencealert.com/are-vitamin-pills-good-or-bad-some-you-should-take-folic-acid-zinc,
      https://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/...top-wasting-money-vitamin-mineral-supplements
      https://www.consumerreports.org/dietary-supplements/does-turmeric-really-reduce-inflammation/

Getting your vitamins and minerals from food is still the best way and most efficient for your body. Of course there are some supplements like Ginkgo that you cannot get from food, however, most of those generally do not work either.

These studies will do little to curb the growing $50 billion dollar a year supplement industry and even though more people are using supplements than ever before, we have higher numbers of heart disease, cancers, neuro diseases and almost everything else across the board increasing.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nick M

Nick M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      I'll try stopping the supplements at some point to see what happens. As far as inflammation goes, there are many things that cause it. Stress being one of them. I think there's a threshold for inflammation where it beings to cause problems. I think with tinnitus, until there's a permanent cure, our best hope is to be able to control/reduce it as much as possible.

I don't think my results are permanent by any means but nothing really is in terms of healing when it come to your body. Even a small cut on your finger could cause a permanent scar. Are you really 100% healed from the cut? Yes and no. You are to the point where it no longer causes pain and discomfort but the permanent scar tells you there's probably lasting damage there despite it's insignificance. I also believe that common sicknesses like colds/flu cause some level of permanent damage in your body each time you have them. The issue only becomes an issue when the healing isn't sufficient for you to be able to function. My two cents...

• Agree Agree x 2