Frequency Therapeutics — FX-345

Discussion in 'Research News' started by Diesel, Nov 9, 2021.

1. scotty03874

scotty03874 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slap to the ear / Leading to more issues
      Bruce, I got the same email...

"Hello Dear Applicant,

Thank you for signing the electronic medical release form!

We may be in touch later if we run into any difficulty collecting records; that is if the office requires a wet signature, any additional verification, or if they don't have the records that we need to continue. If that happens, we'll inform you right away.

Once we have received all the required medical records, we will submit them for review to a panel of audiologists. They will review your records and determine if the study would be a good match for you. Once that decision is rendered, we'll be in touch again to provide you with their decision and any next steps, if applicable.

Please note that this process can take up to 8 weeks depending on how quickly the clinics process the medical record request. Medical records are shared with the panel of audiologists as soon as they are obtained. However, if you have any questions or concerns in the meantime please feel free to contact us here, at hearingstudy@clarahealth.com.
      If you have a copy of your own records, please feel free to email them to records@clarahealth.com to expedite the process and reference study FX-322-208."

2. ploughna

ploughna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      motor racing and power tools
      in my case, after going through the testing for the FX-322 trial, I got feedback the next day. Prior to that, there was maybe a couple of weeks to review my records and schedule the testing - about 1 month start to finish (this was last November/December timeframe).

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. Bruce NH USA

Bruce NH USA Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1981; intolerable since 11/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music, then ototoxic drug (Paxil)
      That's the one!

The question is whether to go through with it, if selected. Is FX-345 so much better that it merits waiting for those trials?? And do we think this will help tinnitus, as well? I only have moderate hearing loss...

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. ThomasF
      Creative

ThomasF Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably loud music
      The described difference between FX-322 and FX-345 is the penetration into the cochlea. Where FX-322 is mostly surface level, FX-345 is deeper into the spiral formation where hair cells governing word recognition are located.

• Useful Useful x 1
    5. Bruce NH USA

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks. Still not sure whether to participate, or not, if accepted...

• Useful Useful x 1
    6. ThomasF
      Creative

ThomasF Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably loud music
      Honestly, it's just good you sent your information in. Considering the connections between hearing loss and hair cells and hearing loss and tinnitus. It's likely that even non-tested hearing loss can relate to damaged hair cells and thus FX-322 and FX-345 are possible aids in mending if not curing. There is a potential good it can do for tinnitus sufferers now or in the future.

I wouldn't even try to influence your decision whatsoever. I could not give impartial advice as I am almost fanatically hopeful with the potential of Frequency Therapeutics.

• Winner Winner x 1
    7. Hottopic29

Hottopic29 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Zithromycin acoustic trauma 2022
      You said you have hearing loss at 3 kHz and 4 kHz. FX-322 doesn't reach that far. Based on what their slide was showing, FX-345 will.

8. Bruce NH USA

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      True. I also have a big dropoff at 8 kHz, as well.

9. Bruce NH USA

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks. I'll wait to see if I am accepted and go from there.