Frequency Therapeutics — Hearing Loss Regeneration

Discussion in 'Research News' started by RB2014, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Earing

Earing Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      I will believe it when I can hear it.

Brainstorm is supposed to cure and reverse ALS. Now the articles are not as optimistic.

2. d'Wooluf

d'Wooluf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      The money that investors have put into Frequency Therapeutics goes into the company, not individuals' pockets. Unless they're paying themselves million dollar salaries, and I think the investors are sophisticated enough to be onto that. These guys reputations are too important to them. Karp and Langer spin out companies all the time. Any hint of dishonesty and no more investors. They might emphasise the potential of their products rather than the roadblocks along the way. That's to be expected. You're right to 'believe it when you see it' because until it's approved there are no guarantees, but I don't see any reason not to be cautiously optimistic.

• Agree Agree x 3
    3. Jackjohnson183

Jackjohnson183 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal
      I just have a good feeling about this company and what they are saying is true and this drug does actually work. We just don't know how much of an improvement to our hearing we will get using this drug. You're right if they mislead people they lose investors and their reputation is on the line no doubt.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. Ken219
      Frustrated

Ken219 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer of 1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure?
      Spot on girl!

5. Earing

Earing Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      I agree. Be optimistic, but also skeptical. It is big business, and they are in it to make money. They want to cure hearing loss, because they will make more money. But don't be surprised if in a few years they announce it is not working they way it needs to to be approved and put on the market. Happens all the time. But let's hope it does work and we can all get the little hairs to regrow and hear like a 20-year-old again.

Cheers to that!

• Agree Agree x 3
    6. JohnAdams
      Starving

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      it started.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss
      They never once stated that they have a "magical miracle cure" or anything like that. They have only stated that they saw an improvement in hearing in subjects in their last trial and this is in line with years of animal tests with this exact same type of drug. Why would you even say that?

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    7. Misticvega

Misticvega Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise exposure?
      Fixed it for you, some of us are in our 20's ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    8. Earing

Earing Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      I am skeptical, and I had not discovered and read your 50 page thread about your treatment.

9. Street Novelist
      Depressed

Street Novelist Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to loud music through headphones
      I wish they would tell us when the next trial is going to be held.

• Agree Agree x 8
    10. JohnAdams
      Starving

Tinnitus Since:
      it started.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss
      My thread about my treatment has nothing to do with FX-322. Can I help you sir?

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    11. Earing

Earing Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      No I never knew that these types of treatments had come as far along as they have. To see your progress is a potential sign the FX-322 trials may be successful.

I am new to all this tinnitus stuff. I have had some experience watching clinical trials.

• Like Like x 2
    12. punkaddict
      Tired

punkaddict Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Self-syringing (I think?)
      Anyone else had dreams of being injected with a drug to the ear and getting tinnitus cured?
      Had one a while ago, before even knowing about FX-322, Otonomy etc.

Hopefully it's a sign :angelic:

• Like Like x 7
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    13. JohnAdams
      Starving

Tinnitus Since:
      it started.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss
      Why isn't there anything going on to promote awareness of this in the tinnitus world?

• Good Question Good Question x 3
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    14. spedgas
      Depressed

spedgas Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I guess because it’s still in an early trial phase. Perhaps it’s because we don’t know what effects it’s had on the few dozen people who have received it. It could be due to the fact that they don’t have any conclusions yet on dosages required. Or it could be that it’s a drug being designed to restore hearing and could potentially carry an off label use for tinnitus. It’s not being promoted because there are too many unknowns and it’s years away if it is ever marketed at all.

15. JohnAdams
      Starving

Tinnitus Since:
      it started.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss
      Exactly, the answers to these questions could come much faster with the right kind of promotion and attention.

You're basically saying that the reason that we shouldn't try to get more attention focused on this stuff to speed up the answering of these questions is because we don't know the answers to these questions.

16. spedgas
      Depressed

spedgas Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      You can focus all the attention you want on it. We all can. It won’t cause Frequency Therapeutics to rush the process just because they get more attention. If it proves to be effective they will know what they have and get it out there. They will get lots of attention then. Hopefully the competition they have gets them to speed up the process.

What I’m saying is that right now they are just another drug research company working on a drug that may someday be helpful. They are no different than any other group out there developing drugs. There is nothing to promote or draw attention to.

Drawing attention to them will not get them to divulge their information any faster.

• Funny Funny x 1
    17. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I thought you found the cure to hearing loss in Korea and wanted promote awareness to that treatment?

18. JohnAdams
      Starving

Tinnitus Since:
      it started.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss
      Why can't I be all for all hearing regeneration technology? FX-322 may even be superior to bone marrow/PRP treatments, requiring far less procedures, and no bone marrow extractions.

I've already stated my research implicates components of PRP act on LGR5+stem cells just like FX-322.

They have to mix FX-322 with a gel to keep it in the middle ear. What if mixing FX-322 with PRP is even better because of PRP's healing effect on the eardrum?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019 at 9:20 PM
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1