From Hiss to High-Pitched Sound

Discussion in 'Support' started by JurgenG, Apr 20, 2017.

1. JurgenG
      Approved

JurgenG Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure / headphone accident maybe?
      Hello guys & gals,

Wondering what a change in the tone of tinnitus could mean. Changed from a hiss to a ring, harder to mask. Also a bit louder. My other ear is almost T-free.
      I am as careful as I could be and avoid loud sound as much as possible.. :(

This is just too hard...

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @JurgenG ,
      Tinnitus can be like the weather and change anytime and it can give you a bit of a wobble till you get use to your sounds and spikes.
      Over time your reaction will change and the wobbles become less and you will think it's my stupid ears at it again but don't react to it.
      Spikes can be hard going even for us oldies to Tinnitus and then we put into action what we learn will get us through the down times and know it will pass in time.

Love glynis

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    3. vermillion
      Whistles

vermillion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      Dear @JurgenG,
      As @glynis wisely said T is so unpredictable like the weather. It is hard. But you can't figure it out. Maybe is just a random fluctuation as many here experience. Mine also changed since the onset. I think both of us need to try and not get too obsessed about it. This exacerbates our stress which amplifies our tinnitus. Easy to say hard to do i know. Go enjoy a nice coffee (decaf of course :p) with a friend. Belgium has nice silent cafeterias!

4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      when my T is obnoxious it's more like a ring and when it's least obnoxious it's most like a tape hiss.

there has been continual variation over the years for a number of reasons, I think in my case some of them are obvious things like "sleep deprived" and "TMJ inflammation" but it also always seems like some of them are so random they might be "solar flares" and "whether or not the guy across the road is reading a Smurfs comic book".

I hope it settles for you soon <3

• Like Like x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JurgenG
      Approved

JurgenG Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure / headphone accident maybe?
      Thanks everyone. It's a bit better, but certainly not at its lowest level ever.
      I just hope my T is going to decrease instead of increase like some people have had here.
      And I can't lock myself inside but I do stay away from parties, though a certain noise level sometimes is unavoidable..

• Hug Hug x 1