Future Worries

Discussion in 'Support' started by Codaz, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Codaz

Codaz Member

Sometimes I'm worried as I'm still a student. My working life will hopefully start sometime and that changes your life a lot. Some of us got louder T after some years. I'm worried about the duration, the chronic stage and it becoming louder, e.g. naturally or via an accident.

Some say these are irrational thoughts as no one of us can look into the future, and any of us can have deadly accident in 5 or 10 years that we as of yet are unaware of.

What worries me is that that chance is in my mind lower than the chance of T getting worse. You have motorcycle revs, noise accidents or neighbours that can use heavy machines. This is life so things can happen.

For the moment I'm not confident. I'd rather have a very long slope of improvement towards total silence other than the chance of it getting worse in x time.

2. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Just take your life one day at a time. You could die this evening.

3. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      Just wear ear protection for the time being until we have better options available - like am101 etc.. In case of worsening

4. Zora
      Depressed

Zora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1st time: Megaphone ;2nd time: headphones too loud
      I feel you. I have the same worries. I am only 20 years old, and about to start uni in october. Not sure how I am supposed to enjyo the student life then.
      How long have you had t?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Codaz

Codaz Member

2 yrs. Still struggling to finish my study. My professor is quite mad that it takes such a long time but no way to convince him otherwise. People that do not know what it is and that is part of the worry process. That they underestimate the effects