Had to Cry Today

Discussion in 'Support' started by OnceUponaTime, Oct 13, 2015.

1. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Had to cry today. :cry: Had to hug my husband and tell him how much I hate T right now. Then wipe my tears and prepare supper...like nothing ever happened. I try to be of cheer for the most...but today I had to cry for a moment.

Some people here are crying and going crazy because they hear their T when they put their fingers in their ears or that they hear it only when they go to bed??. Really??? I WISH that was my case, I'd be like in heaven. Some people going on RTG when they have 2, 3, or 4 T?? I WISH, I WISH mine was that low for a day!! Sigh... This too shall pass. Considering TRT even when I cant stand the feeling of my own finger in my ear canal...ugh. :confused:

Lord have mercy on me. Please.
      Venting...

• Hug Hug x 6
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hey,
      It's good to cry as its a emotional release and natural,this release stops unwanted emotions building up to depression.
      We feel better after .

I totally understand what mental torture it can be as mine blast 24/7. And why I have devoted my life supporting people with tinnitus on and off the forums and by phone.........
      Wishing you a peaceful evening .....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 4
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. rubyroseware
      Alienated

rubyroseware Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      I'm sorry to hear you're having a rubbish day, I'm having a couple of down days at the moment... Sometimes you need to cry, even if it's only for a couple of minutes. I really hope you feel better in the morning. Sending hugs and hope x

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      Hey, I hear you. I feel the same. What I try to do is a bit of mindfulness. I don't try to control or resist what I'm feeling but rather ' observe' my emotions , a bit like passing traffic. I do this quite a lot, and it quite really does seem to work. Maybe you could try some CBT? Headspace is a great app!

• Like Like x 2
    5. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies

6. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      You said, "Cry, tears, cheer, can't stand the feeling," and not ONCE did you say "Volume, Frequency, pitch."
      You already have your foot in the door for a great method to combat T that you may have not heard about. I learned about it here on the forum. You are a candidate for success, IMO, because the first step is to describe your feelings, not describe your T. The second step is to simply do it over and over. I had success faster than I expected. A year ago I had all I could stand of tinnitus. After 40 years it was getting the best of me. Through the years I tried everything and some wacky remedies too. A year ago I was rubbing my face and neck making them sore and hearing my T all day long. People thought I was probably "out of it" or something. I was simply concerned about my T, and was trying another form of accupressure again. I didn't dare play the car radio and I was avoiding all kinds of places that may have had loud sounds. Mornings and nights in bed were awful. I was panicky a lot of the time. I was looking for every kind of pill or supplement that might work. I was considering going around all day with MP3 earbud ocean sounds. I would have gone that route if I hadn't accidentally read about this method that has really helped me. There's no official name for it. I told of my success story and nicknamed it "Back To Silence."
      Today I got up, happy as a lark. Banged around in the garage for a while. Vacuumed the house. Drove uptown twice with the radio on. And the window down!!! Wind blowing all over my ears. I had some quiet time too, and it was actually quiet. It's supper time now and today I didn't respond ONCE to my T, because I didn't hear it.
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172/

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Thank you all for reaching out to me. It means a lot and it gives me comfort to talk to all of you who can actually relate to this condition. You are all brave and you are all in my daily prayers.

@I who love music Wow, I was actually going to send you a message today! I was reading your success story and it inspired me... I have been doing this for 2 days! :)

At the beginning of this mess, I was a basket case because I didn't know what T was and I didn't know what anxiety or a panic attack was.. add H to that nasty mix. I thought I was going to die right then and there when I had all 3 of them at the same time for the first time. As time went by, I got help and started on my road to recovery which has have its ups and downs... but I have always tried to stay optimistic, forever hopeful, cheery. Yes, I must confess, I was always trying to describe it to others... and it was not helpful. No matter how much you try to explain it, they do not understand and that is ok. I want to practice this technique. I just tweaked it a little. I'll PM you on that.

Anyways, thank you for reaching out to me. I live in NY and honestly, it is not the most warm, cozy and pleasant place to live... everyone is in a hurry. You have neighbors for 15 years that you only wave at them every now and then and you really do not know them!... ughh... can't wait to move. Ok now I am venting about that too. lol.

Well after taking a nice warm bath I feel much better now. :) Not gonna let the Autifony fiasco bother me. My true hope is in my God. Hugs to all. :)

• Hug Hug x 2
    8. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      It is ok to cry to let the emotion out. Too much stress build up is bad for T. It is perfect normal to be irritated by the spikes as we are not super humans. I used to cave in mentally into a black hole by these terrifying spikes of the T sound until I started using my own mental imagery technique and it has worked wonder for me to stabilize my emotions. I have added this technique to my own success story post at the end of it to help others who have trouble facing up to these bad T days. It is a mindfulness approach with mental imagery. It is not a technique for everybody. It is like hypnosis. Those who refuse the idea of being hypnotized will not be a good candidate of hypnosis. But for those who believe in the technique of mental imagery and parallel analogy, then it may work wonder. If you have time, check it out to see if it will help you to stabilize your emotions during the bad T days.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/from-darkness-to-light-how-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

9. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      I think you're going to succeed with the method. I really do. I can only make that comment because of your post of course, but I really sense because of your many descriptions of your feelings that you're on the right track. Remember, as I started doing it, I started noticing that my responses were coming later in the day. Then every other day. Then days apart. WOW!!!! Let's face it, the sound of T is not the culprit. It's the feelings from hearing it. Imagine if we had no feelings. Would we care at all about T? So respond to the feelings of T and watch what happens.

10. CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Don't worry about it. I cried twice a day for a week 2 weeks ago. And I strongly tear whenever I read a habituation or success story.

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      That's powerful! :) I will keep trying... Thanx a bunch!!!!
      Michigan...I visited Michigan in 1998. :)

12. suera

suera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2010
      I have no tears left. I'm past the 5 1/2 year mark with no hope in sight. I only wish for a low day here and there but don't even get that. If I could only hear it when I listen for it or use a fan to mask, I too would consider that no T. I admire your good cheer.

• Hug Hug x 1
    13. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 resolved, 4/20 L ear, increase 2/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Hi @OnceUponaTime ,

You mention TRT in your post nYou may want to try it. I was not a candidate but seems like you would be. I tried the ear pieces and they are very comfortable and do not feel intrusive at all. It is a little wire that goes into your ear.

Hope this helps.
      Danielle

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      :( I don't like nothing in my ear. But if I have to and it helps then I will.... although I am hoping I can use @I who love music 's technique and skip TRT all together. :) Not sure if my insurance covers it... I'm still waiting for them to call me back. Why were you not a candidate??

15. CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Let me know how that technique goes!

• Like Like x 1
    16. Sgguy46
      Jaded

Sgguy46 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      @OnceUponaTime you are a very brave person. You will get over this. You helped me yesterday even though you were feeling down yourself.

• Hug Hug x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Ssguy46 Thank you. How are you feeling today?! I am really hoping that you are better... tell me if you need to see another picture of NY! And I'll send it... I like to take pictures. lol :) Have a blessed day.

18. Sgguy46
      Jaded

Sgguy46 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      The day started with a lower T around a 4 or a 5....now it feels like a 7 or 8 again. I feel withdrawn from the human race

• Hug Hug x 1
    19. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      @OnceUponaTime ,

My insurance did not cover it. I am in Massachusetts. It was going to be 3K for a years worth of treatment.

My T is lower than others thankfully ( I know how lucky I am) and I could not hear the T over the partial maskers you wear for TRT, which you need to be able to do to participate.

D.

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Sorry :( ...better days will come. Maybe you need to change your diet?? Coffee, salt, sugar..... sometimes those things aggravate T. Have you thought of that??

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Wow, that's pricy. I left a message on Tuesday and no one has return my call. Maybe I should call a different office. I do not want to travel to NYC! Ughh... I am also looking into this:

http://tinnitustreatmentnyc.com/

22. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Hi @OnceUponaTime ,

No call back in 2 days? I would try another TRT provider. Not sure how far you are from the city but might be worth it. As for the cost, it is pricey but I suspect you could do a payment plan.

I took a look at the link you posted. I am a therapist by training and it looks like a cognitive behavioral therapy program. That may very well be covered by insurance. It is in Mass anyway. I am actually doing CBT now. Basically trying to train my brain to ignore the noise by not letting it affect me. So easier said than done. But my Tinnitus is not as intrusive as others so I think you will have to see what works for you. Definitely worth exploring.. I am sure they can tell you what to expect/ success rates etc.

Wishing you all the best.

Danielle

23. svg1204

svg1204 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphones maybe?not sure really.
      We'll I never thought I would cry like this has made me cry, I mine I think mine is not that bad compared to others and sometimes is pretty low, the thing is mine is n my head not my ear it's like I feel it in the left side of my head lol, but yea this made me cry and feel frustration and desesperation like I probably haven't since I was a kid.

Not ashamed to say it, hopefully I will habituate taking the fact I'm so new to t, not even two months, this is the first thing in my life that has attacked me psychologically and mentally ,not physically.