Has Anyone Been Cured Ever?

Discussion in 'Support' started by taskigtläge, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Lakshmi

Lakshmi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      16/2/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I was hearing loud music
      But can't bare with this torture....

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. fhs
      Fine

fhs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gun range
      It depends on the cause of tinnitus. Many medications, impacted ear wax, and TMJD can cause tinnitus that's usually temporary. Tinnitus caused by these things can be "cured." However tinnitus caused by acoustic trauma/prolonged exposure to loud noise has no known cure or treatment that lowers the MML. Basically there is nothing known that you can do to even lower the volume.

If you had loud ringing that lasted for a week or two and it went away it means you are VERY close to getting lifelong tinnitus. There is no biological mechanism in humans to replace dead cochlea hair and nerve cells.

3. JurgenG
      Approved

JurgenG Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure / headphone accident maybe?
      That is just not true.
      There is enough evidence that even people with accoustic trauma can recover. The haircells might be gone, but that doesn't mean that the T is for life..
      I personally know quite some people that experienced this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. fhs
      Fine

fhs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gun range
      If you read at what I said it was that there's no treatment and no cure for tinnitus caused by acoustic trauma. There is nothing known that lowers the minimum masking level. If tinnitus goes away it's seen as doing so by itself. So yes tinnitus can rarely go away but we can't attribute it to any medical treatment. There might be something out there but there's not enough evidence that it works and the medical community hasn't accepted it yet. Most tinnitus treatment studies show 40%+ of placebo groups say that the treatment helped.

5. TheWalkingDead

TheWalkingDead Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      secondary endolymphatic hydrops
      I don't know about cured, but over the twenty years I have had tinnitus, twice it has settled into a low non intrusive sound that didn't vary and I got my life back. The first time was for three years, the second time for 4 years. Unfortunately after an ear infection I have had a bad two years but i am always hopeful for that third time it chooses it settle.

6. Kit

Kit Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJD
      Hi everyone, New to the site but sadly not to tinnitus.
      I had a bad biting problem, biting my lips, my finger nails cuticles etc etc.
      Then one day I developed a pain in my jaw just below my left ear, I continued biting.
      Then it started. That damn ringing and it has never went away. I have checked out alot of methods to rid myself of this but to no avail. I have yet to discover any cures for this and I don't trust Doctors or big pharma to produce anything that will work if they did they would have one long line around the building.
      So when I here anyone say there's a cure I just cringe. However it has cured me of my biting (a bit to little to late). But it would be nice to here silence again one day.
      As for me it can be screaming loud and on other days a fairly low ring and sometimes it sounds as if your in the woods listening crickets. I like that one the best. Lol
      Maybe one day it will go away on its own but for now I simply ignore it, it's all I can do as I'm not made of money and no one really knows how to cure it.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Wojtek Kalka Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      Yes would love to know too how many people ever recovered from a noise inducted tinnitus after a year or more.

8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The people behind this site plan to send a survey to everyone who registered here beginning when this forum was opened in 2012 (or something like that). Hopefully the results of this survey will shed some light on this issue.

• Like Like x 2
    9. Steve Hubert

Steve Hubert Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Going on 8 years and no cure and no remission. I have had days that I didn't hear it though, so, there's that.

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. Blue28
      Doubtful

Blue28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma from Microsuction
      Mine is noise induced...i have heard it day and night for over 14 months now (in both ears). I have hearing loss in the high frequencies (severe from 12khz). I'd love to read that it can go away for people like me, as in my experience it just doesn't let up EVER :(

11. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      There are some lucky ones that get a cure, but their T isn't related to their ear, it related to other medical problems. Although addressing other medical problems may help with stress. The first time that I had T, I went from a 10 to not thinking about it. It took 3.5 years. I took baths and did many other detox methods. I took only B12 after using an anxiety drug for 2 months. I took on a hobby, which was buying older baseball cards to complete a 1975 set. I bought the cards on Ebay and searched for the best condition cards. Then another set. That simple ongoing project trained my mind to achieve satisfaction and it greatly lowered my stress.

Now from a dental gone wrong experience six years later, I have very high pitch tinnitus. I have a very severe nerve and vein disease. I will need to have my left leg and foot removed within a year or two. If you don't have other serious medical problems be thankful for that.

• Hug Hug x 2
    12. Michael Quinones

Michael Quinones Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/27/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey guys, I had tinnitus back in 2015 due to loud noise exposed, it went away after almost a month. Fast forward to now, this past Monday 06/27/17 I woke up in the middle of the night to the ringing noise in my ear, I have no idea why. I hope mine goes away like it did back in 2015.

13. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, how is your T now? Been almost two years

14. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, I know it's been long, but do you possibly remember what kind of 'whooshing' sound your niece had?

15. Allan1967

Allan1967 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I developed a new and horrendous noise when I got TMJ 10 years ago. Following 5 months or so of treatment, it went.

16. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      How did the T react to your TMJ?

17. Allan1967

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I bit into a sandwich one day, heard a 'twang' sound up by my left jaw joint and instantly a new noise came on, which grew worse... Like a radio being turned up and down rapidly. It went 5 months later thank God.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    18. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      What kind of treatment did you receive for it?

19. Allan1967

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I got a lower mouth splint from my dentist that I wore as much as possible, to stretch the face muscles and I saw a cranial osteopath once a week.

I also took one of those 'Ring Stop' type herbal products.

20. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Yes there are lots of people who got ridd of their T or had it extremly reduced to the point where they do not care about it at all. I am one of those. tho i've had a spike for the last week, think it's stress related. There is hope, be sure about that :)

• Like Like x 1
    21. GSC
      Wishful

GSC Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma.
      Ooooh.

• Informative Informative x 1