Has Binaural Beats Made Your Tinnitus Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by StubbyJ, May 30, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. StubbyJ

StubbyJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      Has listening to Binaural beats made your T worse; if it did, did it eventually return to baseline? I tried it for the first time and it made my T much worse. My T is now what seems multi-tonal at much higher pitches, louder, pulsating with odd sensations in my head. Going crazy and want to kick myself.

Has anyone had this happen as well? Did it eventually return to baseline? I looked for a thread pertaining to this issue but could not find one, so sorry for redundancy if it applies.

Stay away from this:

Tinnitus Sound Therapy Treatment Binaural...

2. Dan Williams
      Balanced

Dan Williams Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/7/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      Haha yes I have once too made this mistake, any negative symptoms will usually fade within a few weeks. Its made worse if you experienced it through headphones.

3. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      I never tried this before but can I ask who is behind the science of this therapy?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    4. zeroday
      Mellow

zeroday Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Driving Truck
      A binaural beat is an auditory illusion perceived when two different pure-tone sine waves, both with frequencies lower than 1500 Hz, with less than a 40 Hz difference between them, are presented to a listener dichotically, that is one through each ear.[1] For example, if a 530 Hz pure tone is presented to a subject's right ear, while a 520 Hz pure tone is presented to the subject's left ear, the listener will perceive the auditory illusion of a third tone, in addition to the two pure-tones presented to each ear. The third sound is called a binaural beat, and in this example would have a perceived pitch correlating to a frequency of 10 Hz, that being the difference between the 530 Hz and 520 Hz pure tones presented to each ear.[2]

5. zeroday
      Mellow

zeroday Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Driving Truck
      Actually I enjoy Binaural Beats...and it doesn't effect my T...

6. StubbyJ

StubbyJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      Yes, unfortunately it was through headphones. Substantial negative impact...so pissed. Thanks for your input; it does make me feel better.

7. StubbyJ

StubbyJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      Update: The spike has gone down to a whisper at times. I'm on the 7th day of a 21 day fast and have seen an acupuncturist. Fasting has help considerably and I can honestly say the T volume dropped in the last 5 minutes of a 25 minute session (first visit). I have seen him twice and will be going again this Sunday. I have hope again! The fast is a result of the 5/2 diet spoke about on here as well as spiritual beliefs. I don't know which is providing a primary effect, but I don't care a this point. Should my T resolve before the conclusion of my fast, I'm surly going to go the distance in thanks! I'm praying for you all. Should any of you find yourself in need of prayer, simply shoot me a name by way of PM (no detail necessary). Thereyago.

8. Astro
      Alone

Astro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Theta waves are the ones that help tinnitus if you binaural beat used beta waves it can aggravate t instead of help. Coming from a guy who got rid of t fully just last week from listening to theta wave binaural beat 2 times a day at 30 mins for a week I posted a link in the success stories section. If you listen lay down relax use headphone on moderate to low volume

• Like Like x 1
    9. Tim Hogan
      Suicidal

Tim Hogan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold/Flu (Minor) >>> Botched Acoustic Reflex Test (Severe)
      I can vouch that it can make it worse, i listend to brief moments at a time today through monitor speakers, and like alot of people it actually gave me silence for a brief time, but then the T came back louder and much higher pitch, hopefully this spike on a spike will die down... You just cant catch a break with Tinnitus sigh, everything out there that is supposed to help fucks me in the ass.

10. Marlino
      Cowboy

Marlino Member Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Become gay and problem is solved

• Funny Funny x 1
    11. Tim Hogan
      Suicidal

Tim Hogan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold/Flu (Minor) >>> Botched Acoustic Reflex Test (Severe)
      If it meant no more T, id take all the dick

• Funny Funny x 1
    12. racerfish
      No Mood

racerfish Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / T worsened with antiobiotics
      I've listened to another Youtube video and it did seem to reduce the highest pitch ringing temporarily.