Having a Tough Time!

Discussion in 'Support' started by glynis, Apr 6, 2017.

1. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      At the moment my ears are really naughty and can honestly say impacting on my mood....
      I have a high hiss in both ears like a gas oven on full and along with a loud Hoover sound in both ears at the same time.
      Duel purpose hearing aids and also my maskers don't seem to be helping!
      Sleeping is hard as the high pitch hiss is keeping me awake and sounds like someone is hovering up in my bedroom as I'm trying to sleep.

I totally understand how you all suffer with tinnitus as I have lived with it for over 12 years.
      For me though it's down to a ear Disease called Menieres.
      I don't get a lot of support at home as they don't understand but I stay positive with the knowledge I have and the support group I run with another lady and the forums I support also.

You have to have tinnitus to really understand just how bad tinnitus can get but at the same time try really hard not to dwell on the down and bad times and grasp all the good times with both hands and notice the nice things in life and the natural sounds around us most people don't give them a second thought.
      I break up from work tomorrow for two weeks Easter break from school and I'm planning a few nice things to do but at the moment it's hard but putting in the extra effort I'm sure as got to be a good thing.
      One thing is I will be staying over in Manchester for a night with the hubs to see Bat out of Hell the musical at the theatre and my plugs will be with me if the sound gets to much and also taking my little grandson for a train ride to Stafford park and dinner out and a few shops !

You see life does go on as it should even with naughty ears out to get you but you have to build on nice times and show your ears who's the boss.

It's ok to have down times and sorry to say a tearful day for me too....but onwards and upwards follows a down time and looking forward to what you plan...lots of love to you all...glynis x

• Hug Hug x 13
      • Like Like x 1
    2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I have to say I am amazed at your strength.
      Hang in there, you'll get over the hump like you've done so many times before.

Enjoy your time off!

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      You're one hell of a human Glynis, and I love the spirit you bring to this place. Is it allergy season or something because my T the last week or so has been through the roof. My hissing noises are filling my head like you say; gas oven/hob on full sort of sound. The ringing sounds on top of this appear louder because the whole spectrum of sounds I hear go up in unison when my T jacks up.

Hang in there Glynis everybody loves you on here and you know you're in good company. What outsiders don't understand, we do, so let all your feelings out and don't hold back. Sometimes we need to just vent.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    4. Jake007

Jake007 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss for long time, chainsaw, infections
      @glynis

Your t has no chance against your positivity and strength. Sending strength and prayers your way.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Thank you @GregCA and @Ed209,and @Jake007,
      My ears are monkeys but they have a fight on there hands....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 3
    6. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Give em hell Glynis!

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. Jaybeee
      Wishful

Jaybeee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety?
      @glynis you are such a star! I hope I can find just a smidgen of the strength that you show. Hope you have a lovely Easter xxx

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. Kibakiru
      Creative

Kibakiru Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 28 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown | PT: Unknown
      Your strength is so encouraging! You can get through this~! (y)

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I feel your pain! It's kinda been hard for me today as well. My tinnitus is super loud and I am thinking of possibly giving up my martial arts, because its very loud and i been taking some shots to the head. Tinnitus is horrible and surviving it takes a unique, special person...Keep up the fight, we have no choice...

Keep fighting and you shall be ok......

My tinnitus is always loud and destructive, but today it seems 10 times more intense and its horrible, what can one do? Try to mask it (mine cannot be masked at all) and just do the very best they can to distract themselves from this horror...

• Like Like x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    10. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I'm so sorry. Did the Nortriptyline stop working? Maybe you could take a small dose of a benzo. Really wish they could cure this horrible disease or at least figure out a way to stop the tinnitus. You're one tough lady. We're all rooting for you. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    11. Scared111

Scared111 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      oh my! I thought the nortripline was working. Did it stop working? sigh... anything else the docs suggest? Hope u are better soon!

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hang in there Glynis! You are one tough woman and have provided advice and encouragement for many on this site. We all know you can do it!

• Hug Hug x 1
    13. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work
      @glynis

You are one hell of a human !
      I hope your ears soon behave and you find some peace.
      Enjoy Bat Out Of Hell The Musical...played that album to death as a Teenager !
      Wishing you Paradise By the Dashboard Light;)

• Hug Hug x 1
    14. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Hope you are doing better. My tinnitus is beyond awful right now. well, honestly...it is always garbage and very loud in both ears, but lately it's gotten even louder and i thought i had the loudest level and it couldn't get louder.

My martial arts, and lately getting hooked on chocolate bars doesn't help at all. The one thing that does help me is the new hearing aid that i just got. It has a white noise machine in it and it is providing some relief.

I barely wear them, but they help a lot with the crazy and horrible tinnitus. Keep fighting and surviving, it's hell and then some, but you have to do it :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    15. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Thinking of you, always inspiring...

• Hug Hug x 1
    16. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

nothing I can say that hasn't been said a million times before, but you're one of the most consistently helpful and positive posters here, and I really hope you feel better soon!

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    17. Fernando81
      Alone

Fernando81 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anxiety - stress
      I admire you glynis.
      God bless you!!!

• Hug Hug x 1