Having Trouble Dealing with a Huge Spike

Discussion in 'Support' started by LeQuack, Sep 21, 2016.

1. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      So it's been a while since I posted, but unfortunately here I am again. On Sunday I got a huge spike in my right ear out of the blue and now after three days it's still here and it's not getting any better. It's a loud tone and very reactive to noise, so even something like running the water will make it sound much louder.

Wasn't doing anything loud, just the usual stuff that I do daily, went for a bicycle ride and all was fine until the evening when I noticed the new sound. I didn't think much about it and just went to bed, thinking it would go away, because sometimes I get these spikes and they never last more than a few hours. But now I'm really getting worried.

I still have some prednisone left, although last time I used them was more then a year ago. Should I try taking those for a week or what? I don't know what else to do. :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @LeQuack,
      Won't hurt taking the steroids for a week it might help.
      Be very kind to yourself and lots of treats and relaxing baths and keep posting in here for support.
      Having a tough time also and not sleeping and tearful with a second sound like a grand prix car race in my ears and my high pitch tinnitus.
      Sleeping is a big problem as not sleeping and been off work.

Show your ears who's the boss and fight back harder than ever get through each day and your base sound should soon come back.
      Stay strong and the sun will come out tomorrow....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 2
    3. Fairy
      Cool

Fairy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I got the tinnitus out of the ear by visiting neck chiropractor. It seems like my neck is causing my tinnitus, but ear pain might be tmj. ?? who knows.
      I am taking nytol to sleep. One tablet per night, that equals 5 hours or sleep or wine 1 glass early no nytol with it . Pick one.