Hello Everyone I'm Your Newest Member *Must Be My Birthday Here Then*

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rainmaker, Mar 3, 2018.

1. rainmaker

rainmaker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Chemical and water damage 2 ear through nose CPAP humidifier
      Yes hello, well not my real birthday.

I was trying to think of anything funny or silly to write down so I didn't sound like I was complaining right away.

Ok here we go then....

I have had tinnitus for about 4+ years now. It sounds like a high pitch whistle / ringing near my right ear but also around my head that only goes away if I sleep or drown it out with music.
      I have also been known to put my head near a strong running bath to get some peace.

In my case I got my tinnitus from wearing my cpap mask for sleep apnea. Water came up from the humidifier through the tube, up my nose and into my ears while I slept.
      I used to use those baby tablet chlorine things to disinfect my cpap tube etc which seemed like a good idea until it all went pear shape and some ended up in my ear and in my head.

My GP had a MRI done which showed the excess fluid on the left side (mostly left ear)

Also they found an arachnoid cyst in the MRI but they don't seem concerned about that. In fact they never even told me about the cyst which I think they should have. I only found out by accident recently while with a consultant at the hospital who was such a nice chap.

So in the past I have tried as best I can to treat tinnitus as a friend to remind me I am alive and lucky to be hear etc etc.

But starting about 6 months ago the tinnitus started being less of a friend and more of a foe. I can't honestly say there was a trigger in my life that changed things.

I would say I was just slowly dragged down. I am being referred for a hearing aid for my right ear as they say my hearing has a dip on that side. The white noise device was no good for me.

I'm willing to try anything to stop this now so if you are a crazy surgeon (not too crazy) I will want to hear from you. I would try almost any experimental treatment to cure my tinnitus, I really would.

I like spending time with my wife and 2 young children and our 2 mennace pussy cats.

Honestly I feel for my family because my mood is going downhill and my tinnitus is making me into a grumpy sod.

My 11 year old just shared with my wife that he doesn't think I love him anymore and just wants his Dad back.

Anyway we had a talk and he now knows I love him 24/7 no matter what.

Thanks for this forum, it is a great idea, I should have joined sooner.

• Hug Hug x 5
    2. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

SugarMagnolia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hi Rainmaker. I'm new here too. Nice to meet you. :huganimation:

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Like Like x 2
    4. Blue28
      Doubtful

Blue28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma from Microsuction
      Hi @rainmaker
      Sorry I don't really have anything positive to say, I've been living with intrusive tinnitus for almost 2 years now. Just wanted to say hi and welcome :)

• Hug Hug x 1