Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Joy, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Joy

Joy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2007
      Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I have had tinnitus issues for years, and always had VERY sensitive ears. I don't usually pay attention to my tinnitus and rarely know its there... But recently, while lighting a fire in the fireplace, my husband forgot to open the flue and voile! 5 smoke detectors go off! I'm am dealing with a pretty bad bout right now, (the last week). I'm hoping that the additional trauma isn't permanent and it goes back to "normal" soon. I just wanted to give a word of encouragement to those that are new to "t". I understand that it can be quite difficult to deal with some days, but I can assure you, a lot of it has to do with attitude, much like everything else in our life, lol. You are going to be fine! Whether you have tinnitus for a day or forever, you will still be okay. I have grown so accustomed to it that it would probably freak me out if it stopped altogether! Hang in there, you can do it!

• Like Like x 1
    2. DezDog
      Angry

DezDog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2009
      Hi Joy, great to meet you, and what a great attitude you have. An inspiration :)

3. Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      One smoke detector going off near me makes me a nervous wreck but 5??? Joy, please keep us posted...I hope it goes down back to baseline for you.