Hello Folks!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Goodcheer, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Goodcheer

Goodcheer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2012
      Hi Everyone!

I have had Tinnitus for 2 months now - very interested in all the information here - but not got to look at most of it yet. Obviously I would be very glad to find ways of ameliorating the condition - but right now that is not my top priority.

My biggest problem is isolation - I have a profound allergy to perfume compounded by complex food allergies - so my life is just a teensy bit tricky - I can’t go near anybody - or receive visitors - I am alone all the time.

So ... I am looking to network with people who need to break out and have some fun in spite of the difficulties - is there any body who has to keep late hours and wants to chat - I have loads of interests and skills to share. I am a kindly and compassionate person (mostly).

I have never been keen on facebook - and don’t know how to use it - maybe I should learn.

Anyway - that’s me - hope I can find some people to hook up with.

2. mock turtle

mock turtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/26/1992...habituated after 2 years; 11/04/11 new outbreak
      Hello Goodcheer

the food and perfume allergies definitely make diverting your attention from tinnitus via social involvement more difficult, but not impossible

i too have food allergies, and it just drives me nuts (short drive) when i go out with the few friends i have or get together with family

i cant eat wheat and three other grains cause of allergies specific to proteins in these grains (wheat rye barley and some oats depending on the strain and processing)...and reading labels one finds wheat gluten everywhere...not to mention in beer ..... wheat is even used as a coating on some fried potatoes ( "french fries" as we call them here in the usa...to add crispiness) and thickening all kinds of sauces found in jars and cans

yikes

but getting together with people facing similar challenges like here in the internet is a definite plus

welcome to tinnitus talk
      best wishes
      mick turtle

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Goodcheer

Goodcheer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2012
      Hi Mock Turtle

Great to hear from you.

Beer - that’s tough! I share your grief - empathise fully - for years past I have managed to avoid becoming intolerant to my much loved gin and tonic every evening - a real highlight - until the tinnitus struck - tonic contains quinine which is held to be a major tinnitus trigger.

Food intolerance ... you probably know all this ... but just in case ... there is a therapy that has been very successful for a lot of people - neutralisation.

Very different from traditional allergen therapy - Neutralisation uses very highly diluted extractions and is held to be safe and effective.

It was devised by a Dr. Miller who, together with his wife suffered from severe food intolerances. I have his book and can send you excerpts if it would be of interest.

A leading practitioner in the uk, Dr Freed, who sadly died very recently, published a helpful website which gives a very practical account of neutralisation and a lot of other useful allergy related stuff including a diy guide to neutralisation

Well worth a look.

http://www.drdavidfreed.co.uk/pi-desensit.html

Kind regards

Goodcheer

4. mock turtle

mock turtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/26/1992...habituated after 2 years; 11/04/11 new outbreak
      thanks for the link
      best wishes
      mt