Hello from the French Riviera

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Dive Master, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Dive Master
      Tired

Dive Master Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Airbag blast
      Hi all!

My short story ;):

Tinnitus on my left ear only blowing up (8-9/10) 6 weeks after a car crash with airbag blasting (130db) in May 2014. No concussion, RMI clear, noise induced I suppose, or the accumulation of previous acoustic traumas (noisy working environment in the offshore oil industry for 3 years, ear pain + antibiotics at least twice a year, who knows, but no concerts or ear phones).

Suicidal thoughts gone, depression on the way out. Tried dozens of drugs/techniques (I DO hate sophrology and my former so-called sophrologist :mad:).

Tinnitus went down from 8 to 4 (1 on good days) when I was on Trobalt (600 to 900 mg a day from March 2015 to January 2016, which allowed me to drive 3000 miles through Southwest US with family) and the effects are lasting since then.

Currently stopping Cymbalta and Lysanxia under my psychiatrist (truly life saver) supervision and switching for Lamyctal. Tried with my neurologist many antiepilepsy drugs unsuccessfully except Mister T(robalt). Tinnitus also going all day long when scuba diving deep air (high ppN2, in the 40-60 meters range) thanks to narcosis (brain cooling down). ENTs completely useless/don't care, at least the ones I met (3).

I also had 10 sessions of HBO in October 2014, made my T moving from a eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to a woooooooosh, HBO or time, maybe. I also applied in September 2014 for AM 101 TACT3 in Marseille, but was rejected, my T varied too much.

First session of TMS yesterday, felt like drunk with headache. Today is a good day. 5 sessions left.

I can now almost manage it, it varies from day to day (between 1 and 4), but how exhausting it is :sleep:. I sometimes (once every 2 weeks) pop up 200mg of Trobalt like aspirin, but its effect has fadded, it seems to have reached its limits but did a great job to me. Now, it may work or not. Time to let it go, anyway. Eyes check ok.

Sorry to come so late to this forum but after almost 3 years of this cr*p I felt ready. By all means, avoid Googling when this sh*t happens!!!!

For the suffering newcomers, hang on, stay curious, try things, get the help of a psy if you feel you need it (don't let depression kill you), it will be (almost) fine, but it will take time... a lot.

• Like Like x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Never too late. Welcome to the forum. You are winning the battle of T from your words and that is nice to know. You are most welcome to share more of your thoughts and help out others. The last paragraph is so true. I like the advice 'stay curious, try things' a lot as I have learned from my first T mentor Paul Tobey way back the need to do this to help the recovery process. When the mind is busy occupied with living a curious and interesting life (trying new things or hobbies), it has less time to focus on T. This is what I call 'minimizing T and maximizing our life force', so important in the recovery process.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Bidyut saha
      Cloud9

Bidyut saha Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Bienvenue:rockingbanana:
      (But don't wish to say welcome anybody with T)

4. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      Ah automotive airbags !

That is the reason why I disabled mine. Pretty easy also, you just have to disconnect the wire from the airbag computers to the bags or power supply.

@Dive Master
      what is your opinion on this since you experienced it yourself..

5. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
    6. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Welcome. It sounds like you've tried a lot of stuff. Where did you find out about Trobalt? I assume from this forum.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dive Master
      Tired

Dive Master Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Airbag blast
      Absolutely, Trobalt idea came from this forum and it took me time to step into it. The first intake was like a vaccum cleaner sucking up my T in a woosh. Waow. The first month side effects were really scary: very quick blinking of my left eyelid, intense sudation, total lack of arms and legs coordination (but strangely I could drive), confusing speech, unability to typewrite on my keyboard... And my brain finally got used to it. I got the pills thanks to a Swiss MD, a friend of mine. I'm done now.

@Bobby B: well thinking of airbags, what would choose between T, tetraplegia or death? I went off road in a steep turn (unvisible gasoline on the road + rain = slippery surface ) 100 meters down below and crashed into big trees. Had only right cheek, arms slightly burned, jaw and nose displaced (but not the cause of T). VW Golf IV is a tank, believe me...

Thank you all for your warm welcome!

• Like Like x 1