Hello from the Midwest

Discussion in 'Support' started by C.B., Mar 19, 2016.

1. C.B.

C.B. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gun range trip
      Hello my tinnitus started 2 weeks ago after a trip to the gun range. I was wearing ear plugs but it was not enough in my case. I really wish I could turn back time. It's been really rough for me.

I was wondering if prednisone would be of any help to me ?

I go see a ENT on Tuesday and was wondering if I should ask if he could prescribe some. Any links to studies if it can help me would be appreciated. Even if it could just lower the volume of the T.

Thank you for your time and I hope we can all find some relief soon.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      You could ask to have some as it can help some people.
      At the moment my asthma is really bad and to puffed to walk and talk so I'm on prednisone and my ears are really quiet .
      It does help some people......lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Aaron123

Aaron123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      00/0000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Irrelevant
      I would be asking for a course of prednisone. At 2 weeks, you are little farther out than is optimal, but it is worth a shot. In my experience, you will be more likely to get it if there is evidence of hearing loss - you will probably have a hearing test at your appointment.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      C.B.

C.B. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gun range trip
      Thank you for the kind words glynis they really mean alot to me.

I'm 29 and considered my self a pretty tough guy. But wow has the T beat me down. It has litrelly brought me to tears. Lots of love to you as well .

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      C.B.

C.B. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gun range trip
      Thank you for the response Aaron. I'm also having a hearing test that day. My right ear I would say definetly hears less than my left. I have T in both ears but I can hear the T on my right even when I'm outside. Wish my right ear T was the same as my left.

• Hug Hug x 1