Hello, My Name Is Amanda and I Need Help. I'm Becoming Suicidal.

Discussion in 'Support' started by amandine, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Herbal are safe to use ,spray or tablet form ,lots take these ,over the counter meds are normally just fine ,may settle you down ,may even change the tinnitus a bit .Give them a try ,I've used herbal ,never had any issues with them.
      Most are made by same brand makers ,but different names on them .Only take as prescribed as you would do Drs meds .wont work straight away ,so give them time .
      Try going for lots of walks ,that helps with your anxiety to.That will help ignore those noises.X

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Amandine,

I agree with Marlene about the walks outside to help you stay calm. Especially when you're back in the country, those walks will do you a lot of good!

Yes, those sleep aids should be all right for you to take. I'd start with the Rhodiorelax first, and see how it works for you. Just take the minimum dosage to see how it affects you. But, if you're like me, the rhodiola rosea will just have a mild, calming effect on you.

Take care, and stay in touch with us. We are concerned about your welfare!

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      thank you to everyone. I am going back to my house tomorrow night. I am speaking on the skype adking someone if i can come and stay with the in the UK...she said to me that she has been having these ringing sounds and noises in her ear as has her son too for the past year, comong and going but all stress related!! She says that when i am calmer then it will go right down.....What do you think?

• Creative Creative x 1
    4. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      I think it's a very good possibility yours is stress-related, so it may just go back down when things are calmer! Try to relax tonight, and I hope you are able to find a safe place to stay for awhile, so you can decide what to do.

Keep us posted!

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      thank you

6. T-Saiyan
      Badass

T-Saiyan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/03/2013
      Dam and i thought i had it bad...:eek: yikes.....
      but seriously this is one of the many of many reasons why we need to find a cure for Tinnitus. We need to spread major Awareness ASAP.
      In situations like these, you need all concentration on making safe strategic moves. Not worrying about T.
      Her getting abused like this makes me mad. and the time she could be using for making things better for herself is now on being wasted on Tinnitus. Jesus christ TINNITUS WHY CANT YOU LEAVE US ALONE !

on another note. ( i kinda skimmed through so correct me if i say something wrong)
      but
      do you have like a big brother, cousin, uncle, friend or father that can help you out. ( as in roughing him up)guys like that dont stop bothering you unless they get what they deserve.

• Like Like x 1
    7. T-Saiyan
      Badass

T-Saiyan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/03/2013
      Oh and amanda don't ever give up. Not ever.;)

And if its not to much to ask, do you think after everything settles down, and things get better that you could help spread the word about Tinnitus.
      Im starting a little movement with a couple of people, to test out a theory.
      Which is, that the more people are aware about tinnitus the more likely pharmaceuticals are gonna wanna cure it.
      :thankyousign:

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Send Mike Ehrmantraut Gus.

• Funny Funny x 2
    9. beemovie

beemovie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2013
      Dan, I personally think you are wrong. Stress induced tinnitus? I am stressed 24 hours a day but it is because of the tinnitus and the H that I have and not the other way around.

• Like Like x 1
    10. Mosaik
      Balanced

Mosaik Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music at my school
      You being stressed due to tinnitus doesn't mean that stress can't worsen or cause tinnitus in general. From my experience often when I'm depressed I often feel that I'm stressed, but they are a bit different. When I was once really stressed before an exam my T got much worse and it took days to recover.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      Hi All,
      No I dont have a big brother or uncle or anything like that.
      I am back home now.....no sounds here apart from the birds and a passing tractor and silence.
      First moment I was back and for a few days it was catastrophic here. He went ballistic. Anyhow police came and went - they were useless. Only thing is now that the neighbours know everything. The police gendarmerie were so useless....of course he was nice and calm in front of policeman so policeman asks me what i had been drinking when he was clearly surrounded by beer bottles....can you believe it?!....and i dont drink at all ever cos I hate the stuff....never have liked alcohol. Anyhow he is being nice now and not drinking and being kind etc...
      Yesteday went to lake to swim with a picnic. Sun was shining and it was really warm lovely day.
      Trouble is that the sound is so loud now that I could not relax to eat picnic nor relax by lake - each moment is torture.......all the things that i loved to do like going to lake and swimming and enjoying the sun has all stopped. My life has stopped. What can i do to keep going? I dont know why but when I try to sleep I keep jumping awake as I am dropping off. Like my brain is suddenly alerting me awake. Are sleeping pills a baddie? or do i take them? the ones that i have are really strong and knock me out cold withing five minutes and for 4 hours. I am trying to sleep without using chemcials as I am afraid that it may make the T worse. Also, do I take Xanax or not? Is it a baddie...?
      Please if any advise, I would really appreciate it...
      many many thanks

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      I am trying to keep myself calm but sometimes I am getting really panicky....as I dont seem to have anything to hold onto....

• Hug Hug x 1